Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Memes - Abandon all hope - Ye who enter....

swordfish

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, swordfish said:

1 - It's a MEME!!!

2 - However - There is a pretty tall level of truth, and a whole lot of background (Yasser Arafat) to the claim that Christ was Palestinian......

https://www.jpost.com/International/Was-Jesus-a-Palestinian-and-why-would-Congresswoman-Ilhan-Omar-care-587749

Cooper said that for people who “don’t like Jews to begin with, it is a deadly combination of the Jews killed Jesus and now they are doing the same to his progeny,” he continued. “From a political and propaganda point of view, there is something to be gained.”
The myth that Jesus was a Palestinian dates back to the days of Yasser Arafat, when his trusted Christian-Palestinian adviser Hanan Ashrawi made the claim. Since then, the idea resurfaces now and again, according to Cooper.

“The absurdity of it is breathtaking,” Cooper said of Jesus being a Palestinian. “Jesus was born in Bethlehem, think about who is parents were – his mother, Mary, was betrothed to Joseph, a carpenter. In the Gospels, there is no mention of Palestine, only Judea, which is where Jews lived.”

Cooper said that if the Palestinians admit that Jesus was a Jew, then the idea that the Jews only arrived in Israel in 1948 and occupied Palestinian indigenous land becomes an absurdity.

He said Omar “knows this narrative is false but also that it has an inherent power to it,” said Cooper. “The ‘Benjamins,’ the big lie of dual loyalty, Jesus is a Palestinian – it is all rewriting history to plant in people’s minds that the Palestinian people go back thousands of years.”

I'm sort of unclear as to what the "big lie" is related to dual loyalty.  Did not President Trump just say that American Jews who vote Democratic are being "disloyal" to Israel -- which, of course, he could only  say if he thinks American Jews (should) have dual loyalties?! 

In any event, the term "Palestine" comes from the Greeks, and refers to the lands occupied by the Philistines -- who obviously are referenced in the Bible. While I am skeptical Jesus was of Philistine "heritage" -- that seems like the kind of thing his Jewish followers would have found sort of important to mention -- it is a bit disingenuous to say that Jesus couldn't have been a "Palestinian" simply because the Bible doesn't refer to "Palestine".  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Don't you share your opinion on GID?  A lot??

I know...its just a meme......

I do share it a lot on the GID. I have never had any expectations that sharing my opinion anywhere is going to change the world. Especially on an anonymous Internet forum. 

This is a meme thread, but that’s a sign also.