Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Memes - Abandon all hope - Ye who enter....

swordfish

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Image result for Racism power plus privilege

Source:  American Medical Students Association?  From an internal association document......And "Blackface" falls under that umbrella of superiority?

(IMHO)  -  From Merriam-Webster:

racism

noun
rac·ism | \ ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-  \

Definition of racism

1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2a: a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
b: a political or social system founded on racism
3: racial prejudice or discrimination
  • Disdain 1

23 minutes ago, swordfish said:

Source:  American Medical Students Association?  From an internal association document......And "Blackface" falls under that umbrella of superiority?

(IMHO)  -  From Merriam-Webster:

racism

noun
rac·ism | \ ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-  \

Definition of racism

1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2a: a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
b: a political or social system founded on racism
3: racial prejudice or discrimination

Maybe you should just ask your black friend if you choose to deny the definition I gave. Otherwise, continue on not knowing. It's what most white people do.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Maybe you should just ask your black friend if you choose to deny the definition I gave. Otherwise, continue on not knowing. It's what most white people do.

So you don't believe black people wearing "whiteface" to caricature Caucasians is racist because Caucasians have "privilege"?

11 hours ago, DK_Barons said:

This must be in Slut Holler, WV

(that's my neck of the woods, I can make fun of it if I want)

The road or Katie?

Lord, I apologize for that.

• Haha 2