Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Memes - Abandon all hope - Ye who enter....

swordfish

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Not a meme, but what the heck is going on in Seymour @Impartial_Observer?  "Sometimes you just don't ask questions 🤔

This modern art masterpiece 🎨 was spotted during a security check at Seymour Middle School by Officer Schapson. What should we name it??"

Image may contain: basketball court, night, grass and outdoor

One of those meth heads from Prentice Addition behind the MS would be my guess. I can't get past the Dandelions, geez! I know the school system pays someone a pretty nice contract to spray the grounds. 

Methsketball?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

And I thought I was the only person in this state who wasn’t a basketball fan. 

I dreamed about basketball last night. Kids couldn't play unless the parents had paid their property taxes. I'm supposed to be headed to Milwaukee for a tournament right now, but planning a virtual trip instead. It was the "Windy City Classic". In Milwaukee. Doesn't make sense.

2 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

you stole this from Muda who posted on another thread an hour earlier....and the dishonesty continues...........

7B84446D-C527-4049-85C2-902D2E505E26.jpeg

Didn't see Muda's. If it's dishonesty, own up to the one you stole from me. Man up.

• Kill me now 1

6 hours ago, Muda69 said:

You are not a true Hoosier if you dislike basketball.   Just a humble opinion.

In fact most of this dislike for our historic state sport is probably just some sort of inferiority complex.

Ya got me, I have long suffered from being introverted, shy, lacking confidence, and being the last kid picked when teams were chosen, I blame my parents for not being able to afford for me to be in Boy Scouts.

• Haha 2
  • Kill me now 1

13 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I blame my parents for not being able to afford for me to be in Boy Scouts.

That's too bad. You could have met Muda and his buddy Fada when you were there at Camp Granada.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Ya got me, I have long suffered from being introverted, shy, lacking confidence, and being the last kid picked when teams were chosen, I blame my parents for not being able to afford for me to be in Boy Scouts.

Thank you for your honesty.

And the Lloyd E. Scott Gymnasium is a fantastic, historical venue.  I have only been there once, but it is truly one of Indiana's basketball palaces.  You and other Seymour residents should be proud of it.

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

That's too bad. You could have met Muda and his buddy Fada when you were there at Camp Granada.

Never been to a Camp Granada.  But have been to several other scout camps throughout the midwest.   Some were very nice, some not so much.

• Disdain 1

5 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Thank you for your honesty.

And the Lloyd E. Scott Gymnasium is a fantastic, historical venue.  I have only been there once, but it is truly one of Indiana's basketball palaces.  You and other Seymour residents should be proud of it.

My parents may have been poor, but they always taught us to be honest. 

I have been there more than once, and words can not describe my profound pride in a building where I was never chosen for teams in PE. 

• Haha 1

FYI I just watched the video and there is one glaring error, the first season was in fact the 70-71 season. The 69-70 25-1 team played at Shields Gym. The team featured two Indiana All Stars, another player who would go on to get beaten nightly by The Harlem Globetrotters as a member of the Washington Generals, and another player who go on to be a US congressman. 

Also of note, Bud Shippee retired at the end of this season. He used to do color when his dad Bob was doing play by play. I’ve listened to Bud since I was a little kid on the radio, kind of the end of an era. I run into Bud quite often at the post office in the morning, always enjoy talking to him, he talked a lot this winter about going here or there for the last time. 

Thru the Damon Bailey years, smaller schools would sometimes rent the gym if Seymour wasn’t playing to get bigger gates. Seymour did quite well financially during the Bailey years. 

The building has a fair amount of history, given it’s relatively short life when compared to some of the other iconic gyms in the state. With all the bleachers rolled back, you can have 6 full court basketball games going on simultaneously and another two with about 75’ courts. All but 2 of the games would be on hardwood. 

• Like 1