Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Memes - Abandon all hope - Ye who enter....

swordfish

49 minutes ago, swordfish said:

And comparing this to the Boston Tea Party is juvenile and misguided.

No it isn't. It's time to make America............America.

I think the looting is misguided. I think those doing the looting would be better served taking other actions. Peaceful actions don't work, it's time for something else.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, swordfish said:

This is just an excuse for bad behavior, and anyone saying it is simply a protest is part of the problem.  And comparing this (or any idiotic celebration or protest) to the Boston Tea Party is juvenile and misguided.

Being the target of the comment; just exactly how is it juvenile to compare to other riots or protests? As someone who has been called out for being "selective" in my criticism by others; I was merely pointing to other riots that have occurred, and excluding the tea party one, that the other riots were never brought up here. I also added the disclaimer at the beginning of the post that I do not condone. Now that I have been called out again. I wonder what exactly was the point of posting about the riots at all? No posts about the murder of Floyd; in fact, the first comment made was AFTER a post about the rioting. 

I have also noticed that no one addressed the differences in protests I made in a follow up post. How is it that heavily armed militia and protesters can go inside a Statehouse (an illegal act) and yell and scream in the face of law enforcement, while many innocent protesters (excluding the looters and others causing destruction) were tear gassed and attacked by law enforcement in full riot gear (something law enforcement at various Statehouses apparently did not need). 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Irishman said:

How is it that heavily armed militia and protesters can go inside a Statehouse (an illegal act) and yell and scream in the face of law enforcement, while many innocent protesters (excluding the looters and others causing destruction) were tear gassed and attacked by law enforcement in full riot gear (something law enforcement at various Statehouses apparently did not need). 

They are two completely different situations that occurred in two different states, are they not?

And is "yelling and screaming" a violent act?  

Edited by Muda69
  • Disdain 2

5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

They are two completely different situations that occurred in two different states, are the not?

And is "yelling and screaming" a violent act?  

Sure they are; and the biggest difference just may be the skin color of those protesting?????  But there are also similarities between the two, and responses to those situations, regardless of where they occur, need to be addressed. But no one here wanted to point out the issues with the armed protests. In fact, the only things I saw were support for them here. 

Yelling and screaming, while heavily armed inside a State Capitol? Absolutely....is sitting on the ground while being a minority a violent act? 

1 minute ago, Irishman said:

Yelling and screaming, while heavily armed inside a State Capitol? Absolutely..

I disagree.

2 minutes ago, Irishman said:

is sitting on the ground while being a minority a violent act? 

No, I don't believe it is.

• Disdain 1

I will add; as far as Dr. King is concerned. 

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says '"IT IS NOT ENOUGH FOR ME το STAND BEFORE YOU TONIGHT AND CONDEMN RIOTS. IT WOULD BE MORALLY IRRESPONSIBLE FOR ME το DO THAT WITHOUT, THE SAME TIME, CONDEMNING THE CONTINGENT, INTOLERABLE CONDITIONS THAT EXIST IN OUR SOCIETY. THESE CONDITIONS ARE THE THINGS THAT CAUSE INDIVIDUALS το FEEL THAT THEY HAVE NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE THAN το ENGAGE IN VIOLENT REBELLIONS REBELLIC το GET ATTENTION. AND I MUST SAY TONIGHT THAT A RIOT IS THE LANGUAGE OF THE UNHEARD." MLK MISS UTION'

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I disagree.

No, I don't believe it is.

Would you believe the police response in both situations should have been the same then? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says '"IT IS NOT ENOUGH FOR ME το STAND BEFORE YOU TONIGHT AND CONDEMN RIOTS. IT WOULD BE MORALLY IRRESPONSIBLE FOR ME το DO THAT WITHOUT, THE SAME TIME, CONDEMNING THE CONTINGENT, INTOLERABLE CONDITIONS THAT EXIST IN OUR SOCIETY. THESE CONDITIONS ARE THE THINGS THAT CAUSE INDIVIDUALS το FEEL THAT THEY HAVE NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE THAN το ENGAGE IN VIOLENT REBELLIONS REBELLIC το GET ATTENTION. AND I MUST SAY TONIGHT THAT A RIOT IS THE LANGUAGE OF THE UNHEARD." MLK MISS UTION'

Would you believe the police response in both situations should have been the same then? 

What caused the Minneapolis PD to start tear gassing?  Oh yeah - the destruction of property,  fires, looting, the throwing rocks, in case you failed to notice that.  What caused the Michigan PD to NOT respond in a similar manner.........?  Oh yeah - the Michigan protesters forgot bring spray paint and forgot to grab a shopping cart from the Target Store they looted to fill it with rocks, and forgot how to start fires and break windows - THAT'S WHY!! 

• Disdain 1

15 minutes ago, swordfish said:

What caused the Minneapolis PD to start tear gassing?  Oh yeah - the destruction of property,  fires, looting, the throwing rocks, in case you failed to notice that.  What caused the Michigan PD to NOT respond in a similar manner.........?  Oh yeah - the Michigan protesters forgot bring spray paint and forgot to grab a shopping cart from the Target Store they looted to fill it with rocks, and forgot how to start fires and break windows - THAT'S WHY!! 

Keep telling yourself that. It is not really accurate, but ok. 

54 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Not necessarily. 

8 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Keep telling yourself that. It is not really accurate, but ok. 

What exactly is inaccurate about swordfish's statement then?

Edited by Muda69
  • Disdain 1

Protestors Criticized For Looting Businesses Without Forming Private Equity Firm First

https://www.theonion.com/protestors-criticized-for-looting-businesses-without-fo-1843735351

MINNEAPOLIS—Calling for a more measured way to express opposition to police brutality, critics slammed demonstrators Thursday for recklessly looting businesses without forming a private equity firm first. “Look, we all have the right to protest, but that doesn’t mean you can just rush in and destroy any business without gathering a group of clandestine investors to purchase it at a severely reduced price and slowly bleed it to death,” said Facebook commenter Amy Mulrain, echoing the sentiments of detractors nationwide who blasted the demonstrators for not hiring a consultant group to take stock of a struggling company’s assets before plundering. “I understand that people are angry, but they shouldn’t just endanger businesses without even a thought to enriching themselves through leveraged buyouts and across-the-board terminations. It’s disgusting to put workers at risk by looting. You do it by chipping away at their health benefits and eventually laying them off. There’s a right way and wrong way to do this.” At press time, critics recommended that protestors hold law enforcement accountable by simply purchasing the Minneapolis police department from taxpayers.

• Disdain 1

More perspective: There are several of these where many more names could be added to each category. 
We can’t go jogging (#AmaudArbery).
We can’t relax in the comfort of our own homes (#BothemSean and #AtatianaJefferson).
We can't ask for help after being in a car crash (#JonathanFerrell and #RenishaMcBride).
We can't have a cellphone (#StephonClark).
We can't leave a party to get to safety (#JordanEdwards).
We can't play loud music (#JordanDavis).
We can’t sell CD's (#AltonSterling).
We can’t sleep (#AiyanaJones)
We can’t walk from the corner store (#MikeBrown).
We can’t play cops and robbers (#TamirRice).
We can’t go to church (#Charleston9).
We can’t walk home with Skittles (#TrayvonMartin).
We can’t hold a hair brush while leaving our own bachelor party (#SeanBell).
We can’t party on New Years (#OscarGrant).
We can’t get a normal traffic ticket (#SandraBland).
We can’t lawfully carry a weapon (#PhilandoCastile).
We can't break down on a public road with car problems (#CoreyJones).
We can’t shop at Walmart (#JohnCrawford) .
We can’t have a disabled vehicle (#TerrenceCrutcher).
We can’t read a book in our own car (#KeithScott).
We can’t be a 10yr old walking with our grandfather (#CliffordGlover).
We can’t decorate for a party (#ClaudeReese).
We can’t ask a cop a question (#RandyEvans).
We can’t cash our check in peace (#YvonneSmallwood).
We can’t take out our wallet (#AmadouDiallo).
We can’t run (#WalterScott).
We can’t breathe (#EricGarner).
We can’t live (#FreddieGray).

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Image may contain: 2 people, text that says 'THUGS Donald Trump @realDonaldTrump BLACK PEOPLE PROTESTING POLICE BRUTALITY dishonoring the Floyd, that Just spoke to Governor Walz and him that the Military with him all the way. Any difficulty we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you! PM May 29, 2020 for WHITE PEOPLE Donald Trump @realDonaldTrump PROTESTING The Governor Michigan should the fire. These are very good They want their lives back them, make deal. a little, and put out out they are sately! See them, talk to PM May Twitter for iPhone 52.2K Retweets 209.1K'

Perspective is interesting......

Next task...search the story about exactly WHO started the destruction in the rioting. 

Rioting, looting and arson are not considered protests. The people in Michigan were protesting government imposed lock downs. Most of those men did not appear to be the type of guys who are concerned about their "hair" and "nails".

• Disdain 1

56 minutes ago, Irishman said:

More perspective: There are several of these where many more names could be added to each category. 
We can’t go jogging (#AmaudArbery).
We can’t relax in the comfort of our own homes (#BothemSean and #AtatianaJefferson).
We can't ask for help after being in a car crash (#JonathanFerrell and #RenishaMcBride).
We can't have a cellphone (#StephonClark).
We can't leave a party to get to safety (#JordanEdwards).
We can't play loud music (#JordanDavis).
We can’t sell CD's (#AltonSterling).
We can’t sleep (#AiyanaJones)
We can’t walk from the corner store (#MikeBrown).
We can’t play cops and robbers (#TamirRice).
We can’t go to church (#Charleston9).
We can’t walk home with Skittles (#TrayvonMartin).
We can’t hold a hair brush while leaving our own bachelor party (#SeanBell).
We can’t party on New Years (#OscarGrant).
We can’t get a normal traffic ticket (#SandraBland).
We can’t lawfully carry a weapon (#PhilandoCastile).
We can't break down on a public road with car problems (#CoreyJones).
We can’t shop at Walmart (#JohnCrawford) .
We can’t have a disabled vehicle (#TerrenceCrutcher).
We can’t read a book in our own car (#KeithScott).
We can’t be a 10yr old walking with our grandfather (#CliffordGlover).
We can’t decorate for a party (#ClaudeReese).
We can’t ask a cop a question (#RandyEvans).
We can’t cash our check in peace (#YvonneSmallwood).
We can’t take out our wallet (#AmadouDiallo).
We can’t run (#WalterScott).
We can’t breathe (#EricGarner).
We can’t live (#FreddieGray).

?  What is this?

• Disdain 2

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Just a list of people and the things they did when their lives were taken from them. Oh yeah, they do have one thing in common. 

They have hashtags before their names?

• Disdain 3

It is comical how liberals pretend to be authorities on black people. It would be interesting to discover if any of the GID lefties has married a black person or ever attended a all black church, nightclub, theater or family reunion. I wonder if any have ever been approached by alumni association members of an inner city school and asked to join as an honorary member? 

• Disdain 1

20 minutes ago, Howe said:

It is comical how liberals pretend to be authorities on black people. It would be interesting to discover if any of the GID lefties has married a black person or ever attended a all black church, nightclub, theater or family reunion. I wonder if any have ever been approached by alumni association members of an inner city school and asked to join as an honorary member? 

Well, I do know this. You have assumed too much in this post. I am not referring to myself. But I do know for certain you have made an ass of yourself with this comment. 
For context, I am referring to the quote, “when you assume....”

• Thanks 2
  • Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Howe said:

It would be interesting to discover if any of the GID lefties has married a black person or ever attended a all black church, nightclub, theater or family reunion.

I know one who can answer yes to all of those. That person also has black children.

1 hour ago, Howe said:

I wonder if any have ever been approached by alumni association members of an inner city school and asked to join as an honorary member? 

I don't know

• Like 1