Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Memes - Abandon all hope - Ye who enter....

swordfish

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

224973.png

I may have missed something, but I have not heard anyone claim they want to give them voting rights while in prison. But an honest question, if someone is a convicted felon and has served his/her time, is there a valid reason they should never be allowed to vote again? I know for certain they are allowed to work the polls on election day, so why should they not get to vote? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/democrats-differ-granting-voting-rights-felons-prison-n997611

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/04/23/bernie-sanders-voting-rights-boston-marathon-bomber-buttigieg-harris/3548232002/

I guess 2 states already allow it....Maine and Vermont.  I thought (may be wrong) that when a person is released, they can vote again.  Perhaps its state by state.  Not sure.  

This is a States issue to begin with. Not determined by a President.

5 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

I guess someone needs to explain that to the Dem presidential candidates...........

And the stupid journalist who brought the question up to begin with. And all the news outlets who are repeating it. And all the U.S. citizens who aren't aware of it. Until then, Fake News!

51 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

yea...it's the journalist that caused Sanders to open his mouth and let the drool run.......why in the world would we hold Sanders accountable for his words?  BTW, Kamala Harris indicated she was open to discuss it.  She didn't shut the thought down.

LOL....the journalist is stupid, but not the man that actually stated his thoughts about individuals (including terrorists) currently in prison voting.....

Interesting logic.

Ok, I’ll rephrase my response- all of you stupid enough to think a President can change voting rules for felons need it explained to them. 

One down. Journalists, news outlets and candidates to go.