Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC week 8 pics

South Side at Bishop Luers

Knights roll, and are rooting for the Saints. Final Score: South Side 10 - 56 Bishop Luers

Northrop at North Side

I know I said the Legends were better than their record last week. I know I said rivalry games play tough. But I really expected the Legends to play better. I think the Bruins have the better defense, but Chambers is a really tough environment. Final Score: Northrop 21 - 24 North Side

Carroll at Concordia

Not sure who has an easier matchup this week, the Chargers or the Knights. Neon Nation rolls. Final Score: Carroll 49 - 3 Concordia

Wayne at Homestead

The Spartans come back home for this game pissed after last week. I see them coasting to a win, but something in my gut tells me the Generals could make this competitive. Maybe that's just the frozen pizza I had for lunch. Final Score: Wayne 13 - 42 Homestead

Bishop Dwenger at Snider

The only people more ticked off than the Spartans this week are the Saints. But while Sparty lost on the road, the Saints lost at home... AND have to travel to another bitter rival this week. The Saints would like nothing more than to play spoil to the Panthers and what little SAC title hopes they have left. As much as it pains me to say, I think they're capable of doing it. If you miss this game, you're going to miss another classic. Final Score: Bishop Dwenger 30 - 28 Snider

Edited by CLKeller16
Spelling
  • Like 2

On 10/5/2021 at 4:41 PM, CLKeller16 said:

South Side at Bishop Luers

Knights roll, and are rooting for the Saints. Final Score: South Side 10 - 56 Bishop Luers

Northrop at North Side

I know I said the Legends were better than their record last week. I know I said rivalry games play tough. But I really expected the Legends to play better. I think the Bruins have the better defense, but Chambers is a really tough environment. Final Score: Northrop 21 - 24 North Side

Carroll at Concordia

Not sure who has an easier matchup this week, the Chargers or the Knights. Neon Nation rolls. Final Score: Carroll 49 - 3 Concordia

Wayne at Homestead

The Spartans come back home for this game pissed after last week. I see them coasting to a win, but something in my gut tells me the Generals could make this competitive. Maybe that's just the frozen pizza I had for lunch. Final Score: Wayne 13 - 42 Homestead

Bishop Dwenger at Snider

The only people more ticked off than the Spartans this week are the Saints. But while Sparty lost on the road, the Saints lost at home... AND have to travel to another bitter rival this week. The Saints would like nothing more than to play spoil to the Panthers and what little SAC title hopes they have left. As much as it pains me to say, I think they're capable of doing it. If you miss this game, you're going to miss another classic. Final Score: Bishop Dwenger 30 - 28 Snider

Really, who are you? Never seen you before and you show up and pick Snider to lose?? How dare you. 

Ha, kidding. Good to see another Snider person here. You are incorrect in your pick !!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, psaboy said:

Really, who are you? Never seen you before and you show up and pick Snider to lose?? How dare you. 

Ha, kidding. Good to see another Snider person here. You are incorrect in your pick !!

All bets are off when these two get together. Dwenger plays Snider with more passion than any other team on their schedule, and have for four decades. Probably the most fierce rivalry in the SAC. I wouldn't be surprise one iota if the Saints win this one.

11 minutes ago, BTF said:

All bets are off when these two get together. Dwenger plays Snider with more passion than any other team on their schedule, and have for four decades. Probably the most fierce rivalry in the SAC. I wouldn't be surprise one iota if the Saints win this one.

I agree. When "Blitz" wrote his article saying that Luers/Dwenger was superior, I just shook my head. 

39 minutes ago, TRCJunkie said:

I agree. When "Blitz" wrote his article saying that Luers/Dwenger was superior, I just shook my head. 

Didn't see the article. I mean, it's the Battle of the Bishops...........it's big. I just think Snider/Dwenger is bigger most years. Two larger schools with SAC implications on the line. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Didn't see the article. I mean, it's the Battle of the Bishops...........it's big. I just think Snider/Dwenger is bigger most years. Two larger schools with SAC implications on the line. 

There are no Big Ten implications on the line when Indiana plays Purdue in the oaken bucket game. So I guess it isn't a very big rivalry game.

5 minutes ago, jakone said:

There are no Big Ten implications on the line when Indiana plays Purdue in the oaken bucket game. So I guess it isn't a very big rivalry game.

Re-read my previous post. 

"it's the Battle of the Bishops...........it's big."

1 hour ago, jakone said:

Sure it is...It's not Ohio State/Michigan either

15 hours ago, psaboy said:

lol I used to have an older profile back when I was at Snider (2016 grad), but I was too lazy to remember what the username and password were so I just made a new account after falling away from the GID for a few years. I try to look at things as subjectively and analytically as possible, but I do have to consider some X-factors (rivalries, win/lose streaks, etc.). If I remember correctly (I don't have the paperwork in front of me rn) I had Snider as a 7.5 point favorite with the o/u at ~60 points. Dwenger isn't the caliber of past teams this year, but they come into this game more fired up than any other game so far. I think they have what it takes to pull it off, but the Panthers could also certainly bet them as well, which is why I predicted it to being down to a field goal ala weeks 1 & 2. Comes down really to how bad the Panthers want the Victory Bell.

20 minutes ago, CLKeller16 said:

lol I used to have an older profile back when I was at Snider (2016 grad), but I was too lazy to remember what the username and password were so I just made a new account after falling away from the GID for a few years. I try to look at things as subjectively and analytically as possible, but I do have to consider some X-factors (rivalries, win/lose streaks, etc.). If I remember correctly (I don't have the paperwork in front of me rn) I had Snider as a 7.5 point favorite with the o/u at ~60 points. Dwenger isn't the caliber of past teams this year, but they come into this game more fired up than any other game so far. I think they have what it takes to pull it off, but the Panthers could also certainly bet them as well, which is why I predicted it to being down to a field goal ala weeks 1 & 2. Comes down really to how bad the Panthers want the Victory Bell.

Did you go by the username Komets?

5 hours ago, CLKeller16 said:

Well, welcome. Not to age myself, I ran the halls of Snider in the Woodson era. 

13 hours ago, psaboy said:

Well, welcome. Not to age myself, I ran the halls of Snider in the Woodson era. 

And I played side by side with Jessie Bates! He's no Rod Woodson (not yet at least), but my father played against Woodson when he was at Nor... North- 🤢 Northrop 🤮

South Side 10 - 56 Bishop Luers

Northrop 21 - 24 North Side

Carroll 49 - 3 Concordia

Wayne 13 - 42 Homestead

Bishop Dwenger 30 - 28 Snider

Game day, ladies and gents. Hopefully the Panthers can make me eat my prediction @psaboy

• Like 1