Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HCC Week #8

18-2 picking HCC contests thus far.  Here we go:

Avon @ Zionsville - No moral victories but Avon DID actually remain competitive against Westfield longer than I thought they would.  The offense continues to hum along while the D is still the weak spot.  Zionsville took another one on the chin but will be better off for it once the 5A playoffs roll around.  Their offense struggled last week but everyone has moved the ball on Avon, so expect more points this week.  I do think this one is pretty close actually.  I'll take Zionsville 30-24.

Brownsburg @ Noblesville - Brownsburg rebounded nicely from their loss to Westfield by shutting down Zionsville, whereas Noblesville continued to struggle against a very good HSE team.  Seems to be a battle of one team who hopes is best football is in front of them (Brownsburg) against a team who obviously played it best football (Noblesville) back in August.  Brownsburg rolls here.  34-14 Dogs.

Fishers @ Westfield - The Tigers pasted a confident FC team last week and Westfield needs this one to clinch at least a share of the conference title unless I am mistaken.  Fishers has some decent wins but has failed to answer the bell when elite competition comes calling.  They are a nice outfit but not on Westfield's level.  Westfield rolls 35-14.

Franklin Central @ Hamilton Southeastern - Like Fishers, FC has some decent wins on their resume but is not running into the October grind.  The Flashes are ahead of schedule but they are not ready for an HSE team that has high post season aspirations.  I'll take HSE 41-17.

What say you?

Welp. Leave it to Avon to score 7 touchdowns and still end up on the short end. 
On a brighter note…. McCray 12 more catches, 230 more yards. He’s the state’s leader in receiving yards and it isn’t close. Already committed to Kent State…. might a P5 school be tempting him?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

Welp. Leave it to Avon to score 7 touchdowns and still end up on the short end. 
On a brighter note…. McCray 12 more catches, 230 more yards. He’s the state’s leader in receiving yards and it isn’t close. Already committed to Kent State…. might a P5 school be tempting him?

Feel bad for the O’s at this point.  Also starting to question how serious Zionsville can be taken.

How do you hold Brownsburg to 19 and then turn around and give up 49 to Avon?