Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #8

17-4 so far this year picking MIC contests.  Here we go:

Ben Davis @ Lawrence Central - Trap game again for the Giants as they are reeling and LC is gaining more confidence every Friday night.  BD's inability to finish games (no pun intended, I promise) cost them against Warren and LN though they played with Carmel for three quarters.  LC took care of business against a reeling NC squad.  This one is closer than many think and I am going to fall for it again I guess.  BD wins 34-27.

Lawrence North @ Center Grove - LN used a dominating 2nd half against Warren to come back and beat the Warriors for the first time at LN in over 25 years.  The competition gets stiffer this week as they travel to nationally ranked Center Grove.  The Trojans have been on cruise control but cannot afford to take this LN outfit lightly.  I do not believe they will.  CG wins this one 38-13.

North Central @ Pike - The unofficial 7th place game in the MIC.  Pike seems to be steadily improving though it is not showing up in the win column, while NC continues to go the other direction.  Pike's kids get a feel good game this Friday night and feast on the struggling Panthers.  Pike wins 27-14.

Warren Central @ Carmel - Two teams in CG's rear view mirror but hungry for a potential rematch in the tournament.  Warren let one get away last week at LN while Carmel "survived" (no pun intended, I promise) at BD.  I expect a lot of points in this one as neither defense impresses me much, which is why I simply cannot take them seriously as a threat to Center Grove.  I think Carmel wins this one 38-23.

What say you?

51 minutes ago, temptation said:

Ben Davis @ Lawrence Central - Trap game again for the Giants as they are reeling and LC is gaining more confidence every Friday night.  BD's inability to finish games (no pun intended, I promise) cost them against Warren and LN though they played with Carmel for three quarters.  LC took care of business against a reeling NC squad.  This one is closer than many think and I am going to fall for it again I guess.  BD wins 34-27.

Lawrence North @ Center Grove - LN used a dominating 2nd half against Warren to come back and beat the Warriors for the first time at LN in over 25 years.  The competition gets stiffer this week as they travel to nationally ranked Center Grove.  The Trojans have been on cruise control but cannot afford to take this LN outfit lightly.  I do not believe they will.  CG wins this one 38-13.

North Central @ Pike - The unofficial 7th place game in the MIC.  Pike seems to be steadily improving though it is not showing up in the win column, while NC continues to go the other direction.  Pike's kids get a feel good game this Friday night and feast on the struggling Panthers.  Pike wins 27-14.

Warren Central @ Carmel - Two teams in CG's rear view mirror but hungry for a potential rematch in the tournament.  Warren let one get away last week at LN while Carmel "survived" (no pun intended, I promise) at BD.  I expect a lot of points in this one as neither defense impresses me much, which is why I simply cannot take them seriously as a threat to Center Grove.  I think Carmel wins this one 38-23.

What say you?

I know the result didn't show it, but I think the Giants are turning a corner. Young defense is still giving up too many big plays, but I saw some things out of them on Friday that were really encouraging. BD is still a couple of plays from being 4-3. Giants win at LC, 42-14.

Lawrence North may have one of the best defenses in the MIC that no one knows about. That said, it won't matter against Center Grove. CG 45, LN 14

Pike showed against WC that they can be a better team than they've shown. Pike 21, NC 7

Warren Central's loss to LN shocked me. I guess it shouldn't have. LN is a good team. I think Warren pulls the upset over the Hounds. 35-28.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

What say you?

BD 43 LC 21

CG 31 LN 13

Pike 28 NC 14

Carmel 24 WC 23

On 10/4/2021 at 11:59 AM, temptation said:

What say you?

Carmel's only loss to CG was with 3rd string QB.

On 10/4/2021 at 11:59 AM, temptation said:

What say you?

Pretty standard night in the MIC as the favorites (outside of Pike) took care of business.

CG and Carmel broke open their contests in the 2nd quarter whereas BD overcame their late game struggles in putting away a pesky LC team.

Anything can happen but it looks like a Carmel/CG collision course in the semi state round (unless Brownsburg can exercise some demons).

Side note:  Warren now waits TWENTY days until their next contest?  Who is to blame for that?

I am reading CG’s 2nd straight undefeated MIC championship is the first in MIC history. To MIC guru’s, is this correct?  Back to back undefeated conference championships a first? 

Congrats to Center Grove Coach Eric Moore for coaching his Trojan teams to an 8th MIC championship, passing the great Dick Dullaghan. Both legendary coaches!!