Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week #8

15 hours ago, cpg1970 said:

Blow everything up!!  Start a new NSC 2 divisions in football, one all other sports. Get Glenn, Rochester, Valley, Bremen, Fairfield, Wawasee.  Then LaVille, Triton, Pioneer, Winamac, Judson, Knox.  Let Caston and Culver join Midwest.  Wawasee is not competitive in the NLC, but they will never leave that cash cow.

Never Happen!  Too much would be changing in several conferences! Sorry to break your heart!

After having seen just about everyone play or watched film these are just some observations from my soapbox. These final 2 weeks will tell us how good this NJ team is. My opinion is that they have to be the heavy favorites to win sectional if they can win these next 2 games. They played a really good TV team to the wire. They had chances to win that game. Also the CMA game was closer than the final score appears. Let's be honest, nobody in the HNAC has the size and speed of CMA. They had breaks go their way and eventually wore down the Jays. NJ looks like they could have the best chances make a deep run in the playoffs. 

Staying in that sectional, Culver would have a chance to win it if they could hang onto the ball and actually learn to play defense. Kind of surprised by this as the HC is a defensive coach. That clock burning offense is so powerful and works very well for the athletes that they have but they are their own worst enemy. That offense is the best defense that they have.

Winamac hasn't shown us anything. They beat a depleted Pioneer team and then avoided missed playing a strong defensive LV team. There is talent in that Sr class but I think the talent in NJ might be better.

If Pioneer can ever get healthy and get a full time QB, they could be a tough out in their sectional. They may be down but from what I have seen, it won't be for long. LV has been playing great D all year. If they can get healthy as well and get the O figured out, they could be poised to make a deep playoff run. 

As usual, time will tell. 

8 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

I didn't see it, but it appears the Triton managers forgot to load the defense on the bus last night!  😃

Definitely surprised by last nights score after playing both teams over the last 2 weeks. I thought Triton would run all over Knox. 

13 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

Definitely surprised by last nights score after playing both teams over the last 2 weeks. I thought Triton would run all over Knox. 

I don't know what happened.  I expected a close game, but I certainly didn't expect Triton to give up 37 points!

On 10/8/2021 at 10:24 PM, Duke of Denham said:

Judson win 10-9 over LaVille in OT.  Judson’s defense holds to LaVille to 40 yards of offense in the second half.  LaVille’s defense was as good as advertised.  

Don’t want to take anything away from NJ, but LaVille’s offense is horrific.  Besides the Caston game, they have not scored an offensive TD all season, except in OT.  They have only had a total of 4-5 offensive TD’s.

Edited by cpg1970

13 hours ago, cpg1970 said:

Don’t want to take anything away from NJ, but LaVille’s offense is horrific.  Besides the Caston game, they have not scored an offensive TD all season, except in OT.  They have only had a total of 4-5 offensive TD’s.

That is meant to say LV offense has not scored an offensive 2nd half TD all season, except in OT.  Gotta change things or it will cost them come tournament time.