Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DuggerUnion

Sorry, from the true Dugger Union fans to M.C.C.F. team

I for one would like to say I'm sorry to the fans and players from the Martin County Community Football Team. I don't know what the coach was thinking to run the score up on you guys like that. I have been a loyal fan for YEARS and also played for Dugger. We should know how it feels to get beat bad, we should know what it is like to have the score ran up on us!! The beatings we have took in the past from some very good teams like LINTON, NORTH DAVIEES, NORTH KNOX, PERRY CENTRAL, SOUTHERN WELLS, SULLIVAN, NORTH CENTRAL, and many more. And i can't remember any of those teams acting the way we did, the onside kick when we were up by 30 something!!!, the reverses, and more... I think that when a team gets up by 3 or 4 scores you call off the dogs, (limited pass plays, no trick plays, and NO onside kicks!!! Sorry from the true Dugger fans!!! I was so embarassed that I left before the game was over, i always stayed untill the end even when we were getting blown out but not this time.

Edited by WCGrad92
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

could've been indy, i still didn't like it. i mean man come on, onside kicks, deep passes and a reverse or two.

You're apologizing on behalf of this Martin County team, but you list your school as Dugger?

He is  apologizing to the Martin County team

Is Union in the IHSAA?

Who is Martin County Community?   Where are they?

Is Union in the IHSAA?

loogootee is rumored to be in the midst of fielding a football team, have had a 5th 6th grade thing going for a couple of years if i am not mistaken.

Edited by jhswildcat79aks

Is Union in the IHSAA?

Dugger Union is not a IHSAA member. Martin County Community appears to be in Loogootee.

i haven't reffed any cub leagues this year but either last year or the year before someone was talking about the martin county league and said loogootee was setting it up as a feeder because they were thinking about starting a team in the future

Sorry for the typo, dugger union is the old union dugger, we have been a school since 1921. We were closed down last year and started a charter school type thing this year. We has been an ihsaa member for years, until now, we are a club team. MCCF is a club team as well. They are based out of Martin county Indiana.

A couple historically "basketball" schools/areas have community league teams.  Martin County and White River Valley have HS teams.  They are usually short on numbers and talent (best players seem to move or concentrate on another sport), but it gives those boys unwilling to move to a school that offers football a chance to play.  Dugger has also offered that opportunity to area kids that do not attend their charter school since they are not currently bound by IHSAA rules.  I know there are a handful of area kids traveling to Dugger to play.

As for fielding varsity football, Martin County and White River Valley are trying to do what Eastern (Greene) did about a decade ago.  WRV has found this is a very political decision that requires a football friendly school board.  Sadly, WRV has had youth league football since they consolidated in the early 1990's... they have produced a handful of all-state players... for other schools.  I'm not as familiar with Martin County, but my guess is they will receive a push back from the basketball locals.  WRV is at the point where they are becoming a feeder program to other schools.  North Daviess, Owen Valley, Linton, and others have all benefited from those league's hard work.  Of course... that is just boys that moved... countless other kids were promising players that pursued other interests in HS.

• Upvote 1

I have been told that Football will never happen in Loogootee until:

A. They start losing Basketball players to other schools that have Football.

B. Jack Butcher is gone.

Edited by Impartial_Observer
  • Upvote 1

B. Jack Butcher is gone.

that is sad, i think football does more for young men then any other sport. I played them all, but I always find myself talking about the good ol' days of 2 a days in 100 degree weather with black helmets and jerseys, running till you puke, working in the weight room after practice, and so on. I still to this day call my old coaches coach when i see them.

as for football in Martin County I don't know very much, i don't see them losing very many to other schools because of geography. it would be a long haul to most schools, depending on what part of Martin County they live in. If you live in Loogotee you could go to ND, Washington, or Jasper but all are around 30 minutes away. If you are from Shoals you could go to Mitchell or Springs Valley, both are about 30 minutes away as well.

I would like to see WRV get a high school team sometime, as well as Bloomfield.

Our freshman team played the Martin county club team...I believe most of the kids are from either shoals or Loogootee!

B. Jack Butcher is gone.

Ole'Jack is an easy out for those opposed to Loogootee having football. Truth is he doesn't care what they do. And even if he did, Jack doesn't have much influence over the current board or administration.

Perhaps WRV is more concerned with keeping their doors open. Considering their current situation, how could starting a football program from scratch be feasible?

Perhaps WRV is more concerned with keeping their doors open. Considering their current situation, how could starting a football program from scratch be feasible?

Agree with you on both statements. Plus, WRV just started, dare I say it,, ,,,,,,,,,soccer. Yuck, this year.

• Upvote 1

Ole'Jack is an easy out for those opposed to Loogootee having football. Truth is he doesn't care what they do. And even if he did, Jack doesn't have much influence over the current board or administration.

His grandson was the starting quarterback at Heritage Hills (2007ish, I think). I find it highly unlikely he is so against football.