Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 8 Scores

9 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Well, Refs blew the call on roughing the kicker, that hurt Saints big time. I don't normally pound on refs, but there are at least three really bad calls in game.

Yes, bad call for sure.

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

Well, Refs blew the call on roughing the kicker, that hurt Saints big time. I don't normally pound on refs, but there are at least three really bad calls in game.

They said on the livestream that it was roughing the holder, and yes the holder got blasted. The announcers were arguing that the ball was bobbled, so the holder was live. But he never got up....he continued with placing the hold. I think the confusion was maybe that they called roughing the KICKER.

9 hours ago, BTF said:

I thought it should have been 2.

9 hours ago, psaboy said:

Snider got bad call on the intentional grounding call. Should be a safety if that is thrown from the end zone??

Grounding from in the endzone should have be a safety.  Just like offensive holding on a pass play in the endzone.

31 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Grounding from in the endzone should have be a safety.  Just like offensive holding on a pass play in the endzone.

The one big difference is that with IG, this is a safety whether the penalty is accepted or declined.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, psaboy said:

9 hours ago, BTF said:

Yes, bad call for sure.

So, what was the call? Did they miss roughing and called no foul? Running into vs. roughing? Did they call something that wasn’t really a foul? Got video?

Late to the party, but Westfield had no problems at home against Fishers, winning 34-14. Westfield set the tone early after a Fishers punt, by going 70 yards in just two plays on their first possession. They would then score another TD, two FGs, and another TD to lead 27-0 at halftime. Second half start just like the first half, except it took four plays to score after the half opening kickoff. 34-0.  Pretty much all reserves the rest of the way, although Fishers did leave their first stringers in until about midway in the 4th qtr. Westfield is now 7-1, and clinches at least a tie for the HCC championship. Next week regular season closer at Franklin Central. Fishers drops to 5-3.

On 10/9/2021 at 7:42 AM, Bobref said:

So, what was the call? Did they miss roughing and called no foul? Running into vs. roughing? Did they call something that wasn’t really a foul? Got video?

I believe the call was roughing the kicker.

Snider attempted a field goal. Bad snap.........took a couple seconds for the holder to place it. Dwenger defender knocked the holder over apparently going for the ball. Kicker was barely touched and never went down. The penalty gave the ball back to Snider. 

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

I believe the call was roughing the kicker.

Snider attempted a field goal. Bad snap.........took a couple seconds for the holder to place it. Dwenger defender knocked the holder over apparently going for the ball. Kicker was barely touched and never went down. The penalty gave the ball back to Snider. 

Could the foul have been roughing the holder? The signals and penalties are the same as roughing the kicker.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Could the foul have been roughing the holder? The signals and penalties are the same as roughing the kicker.

It could very well have been. We, unlike the officials, are privy to replay. In the line of fire, it was a tough call to make. We the fans just thought it was the wrong call. 

1 minute ago, BTF said:

It could very well have been. We, unlike the officials, are privy to replay. In the line of fire, it was a tough call to make. We the fans just thought it was the wrong call. 

Why? You said he knocked the holder over trying to get to the ball. Did he get to the ball, i.e., touch the kick?