Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Game of the Decade - Cathedral v Center Grove

4 hours ago, temptation said:

Game could have easily been moved but I have a sneaky suspicion one team didn’t want it to be for obvious competitive reasons.

One team didn’t want to move from their home field and pay to host a game???

I knew I donated to the GID for this kind of heavy hitting analysis for a reason. You should have to pay next time to make a comment so idiotic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Many CG fans had their pitchforks ready in the first half last night and were fully prepared to raise hell had that final score turned out differently.

Cathedral fans aren’t complaining much this morning because they can’t.  They stacked the deck…and still lost.

They didn't stack the deck, you ….buffoon, it was their home game and they played it where it was scheduled...stop trying to imply there was something unwarranted

32 minutes ago, Brettlow said:

They didn't stack the deck, you ….buffoon, it was their home game and they played it where it was scheduled...stop trying to imply there was something unwarranted

You know you’ve won once it comes to name calling.

This is getting heated for no reason…..watch the name calling. 
The discussion of the field has been drug through the mud long enough. It’s Cathedral’s home field, plain and simple. Talk about the game now….PLEASE. 

On that note. I disagree with the notion that it was merely a difference of a couple big plays for CG. Their o line took over the 2nd half. Cathedral had chances to keep it a game, but mistakes hurt. Too many dropped passes. 
My initial impression is that CG let the conditions play with their head the first half. Maybe the parents were talking enough about it as people on here have been? But props to Coach Moore. Whatever adjustments they made, they were able to establish the run the 2nd half. Solid and sustained drives lead to the big plays referred to earlier. No question these two are the hands down favorites to win State in their classes. Best of luck to both teams going forward. 

5 hours ago, temptation said:

I’ll stand by my claim.  Just because it was equally pitiful for both teams doesn’t mean it was the right decision to play this game at Arlington Middle School.  I don’t care what Cathedral deems it’s home field.

It didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out when the 10 day forecast showed the amount of rain Indy was going to receive that this was going to happen.

Game could have easily been moved but I have a sneaky suspicion one team didn’t want it to be for obvious competitive reasons.

I’m all for what some folks above consider “old school football” but that was pathetic last night.

Its not hard to understand, this is our home field and it was a home game.  You obviously dont get it.  Enough said!  

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

I disagree with the notion that it was merely a difference of a couple big plays for CG. 

Completely agree.

1 hour ago, RLS1 said:

And no valet parking.What an outrage.

I'm just glad the scoreboard worked.  😉

3 minutes ago, Grover said:

Completely agree.

Cathedral kicking a FG on 4th and 1 inside the 10 to make a one score game….a one score game is what gave Center Grove a light at the end of the tunnel. Wheats 70 yard TD run with 2 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter matched CG’s entire offensive output up until that point. It was one big play that completely flipped the game.

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

Won what? 

There’s a reason they don’t play Super Bowls in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

When the best two teams (and highest ranked contest in state history) are head to head you want elements to be the least of concern.

Some things are uncontrollable…this wasn’t.

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

There’s a reason they don’t play Super Bowls in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

When the best two teams (and highest ranked contest in state history) are head to head you want elements to be the least of concern.

Some things are uncontrollable…this wasn’t.

Yes but the game before the super bowl could be played in Green Bay with the same weather conditions. Only sissy teams complain about weather or field conditions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

You’re right. I forgot Cathedral dictated when it rains and when it doesn’t. 

Surely the athletic department has access to the same weather forecast as the rest of us.

I don’t know whether to commend your blind loyalty or just laugh at you.

Just now, jakone said:

Yes but the game before the super bowl could be played in Green Bay with the same weather conditions. Only sissy teams complain about weather or field conditions.

Another poor example.  Home field is determined by regular season accomplishments.  

Cathedral could have moved this game to any location in central Indiana not named CG and still have been considered the home team.

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Surely the athletic department has access to the same weather forecast as the rest of us.

I don’t know whether to commend your blind loyalty or just laugh at you.

That game was going to be played at Arlington regardless if it was 180 degrees or -180 degrees.

Why in the name of gamesmanship would Cathedral voluntarily give up a home game to go play on the “road” at the #9 team in the country’s home field? You need to be put on a word count until you actually pay money out of your pocket to post on here. You dumb down this board every single time you post and you’re a huge reason why so many long time posters no longer post here.

6 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

That game was going to be played at Arlington regardless if it was 180 degrees or -180 degrees.

Why in the name of gamesmanship would Cathedral voluntarily give up a home game to go play on the “road” at the #9 team in the country’s home field? You need to be put on a word count until you actually pay money out of your pocket to post on here. You dumb down this board every single time you post and you’re a huge reason why so many long time posters no longer post here.

When did I say the game should have been moved to CG?  Plenty of other available facilities in the area.

Reading comprehension is hard…did you actually GRADUATE from Cathedral or just drive by campus a few times?

Also, I need some data supporting your last sentence.  Seems like a Hail Mary.

Edited by temptation

23 minutes ago, Dave007 said:

Scores out of Greenwood just reported....

JV

Cathedral 14

Center Grove 12

Freshmen

Cathedral 21

Center Grove 0

Irish Freshmen cap off undefeated season

Although very important in preparing younger players, I've never really put much stock into wins and losses at those levels. I think many coaches are more concerned with development versus actual wins and losses. 

I don't know the answer to this maybe someone on the board does...but I assume the Cathedral / Center Grove regular season schedule / games will continue in 2022 & beyond?  It is such a good series and rivalry, and especially next year when the teams could have the chance to play each other twice.

8 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

I don't blame Cathedral 1 bit for declining, and think it was a great choice to decline. Of course CG would offer to lend its homefield to have another home game.

By the way 2015 CG did the same only the home stands were not given up. Arlington is Cathedral's home field and it was for several years in the 90's and 00's. Even played Center Grove there in 1992.

Cathedral hosted CG at Tech high school the last 2 times Cathedral was the home team in 2017 & 2019.  Cathedral played on the field that was to their advantage. CG this season is the faster team. You saw what Wheat did in quagmire. Now put him, the DL and others on turf. I understand what Cathedral did…don’t blame them. Just accept it and move on. Good plan, it didn’t work. 

4 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

You need to be put on a word count until you actually pay money out of your pocket to post on here. You dumb down this board every single time you post and you’re a huge reason why so many long time posters no longer post here.

If there are truly less posters on this board, could it possibly be due to excessive insults and and snarkiness? 

Everyone on this board has a right to share their opinions in accordance with the rules, whether you like them or not. 

• Like 1