Jump to content
The Gridiron Digest

Game of the Decade - Cathedral v Center Grove


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, temptation said:

No.  Just saying that things are often said publicly for effect but deep down are not true.  That, combined with the weather forecast, playing surface gives me pause.

Could totally see folks waking up Saturday morning disappointed because the weather, facility, conservative play calling did not reveal the superiority of one team over the other.

Hope I am wrong.

But all that you said ,IS football. 14-13 game, 7-9 game is ok by me. 

Two good programs here! Hard to lay an egg in this contest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ASJCPUMA said:

Kind of surprised more tickets have not been sold or even a sell out by now

Yes totally agree, I suppose weather is some of the blame as I know of several Irish fans that are going to resort to house viewing parties (with copious amounts of alcohol) and the fact CG is on fall break will effect their crowd size.   I am more surprised there is not more hype for this game than their already is....but at the end of the day- in reality- this is not a make or break game for either team.  Come Monday, both will still be ranked #1 in respective classes and anything less than state championship would be major letdown for both teams.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dave007 said:

Yes totally agree, I suppose weather is some of the blame as I know of several Irish fans that are going to resort to house viewing parties (with copious amounts of alcohol) and the fact CG is on fall break will effect their crowd size.   I am more surprised there is not more hype for this game than their already is....but at the end of the day- in reality- this is not a make or break game for either team.  Come Monday, both will still be ranked #1 in respective classes and anything less than state championship would be major letdown for both teams.  

LIKE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Jon said:

Can someone explain to me why MyIndy-TV 23 is broadcasting Fridays Pike vs Lawrence North game instead of this game????

WHMB will be carrying the game, tape delayed, at 10PM here in Indy.  I imagine you can access their site and watch it online at 7PM.

I believe that TV23 only shows MIC games iirc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

WHMB will be carrying the game, tape delayed, at 10PM here in Indy.  I imagine you can access their site and watch it online at 7PM.

I believe that TV23 only shows MIC games iirc.

Yes, it’s listed as WHMB at 7pm on the ihsaatv.org website. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jon said:

Can someone explain to me why MyIndy-TV 23 is broadcasting Fridays Pike vs Lawrence North game instead of this game????

Are you questioning the legitimacy of the GREAT rivalry and high stakes contest that IS Pike vs Lawrence North?

Edited by temptation
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LC_Bears_04 said:

Does anybody know what time the gates open for this game?

I am pretty sure gates open one hour before kickoff.   Arlington has ONE gate only (but multiple ticket scanners).  I would arrive early to beat the rush and also ensure you have a good seat!  Go Irish!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dave007 said:

I am pretty sure gates open one hour before kickoff.   Arlington has ONE gate only (but multiple ticket scanners).  I would arrive early to beat the rush and also ensure you have a good seat!  Go Irish!

And get there well before sundown.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's annual game of the century game day.  I just hope we don't have to deal with lightning tonight.  Anyway, stay dry and enjoy the game.  It should be a good one.  We've been very blest to have had dry weather for the first 8 games this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Grover said:

Why am I hearing that CG coaches and webcast team won’t be allowed?

It is nothing personal, but there is no room.  Maybe 5 bodies can get inside...we have our radio team, two coaches and PA guy and it is PACKED.  Our video guy / coach is stuck outside and usually sets up behind student section.  All the visiting coaches have to take a spot top row of the stands either left or right of press box.

Every visiting teams has to put up with the same thing.  It has been this way FOREVER at Arlington.

Gotta love old-school.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dave007 said:

It is nothing personal, but there is no room.  Maybe 5 bodies can get inside...we have our radio team, two coaches and PA guy and it is PACKED.  Our video guy / coach is stuck outside and usually sets up behind student section.  All the visiting coaches have to take a spot top row of the stands either left or right of press box.

Every visiting teams has to put up with the same thing.  It has been this way FOREVER at Arlington.

Gotta love old-school.

That sound awful lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Irish 16 CG 13.
 

It will be the Josiah Smith coming out party tonight. The big fella is gonna be special. Let's go, Irish!

if you get there early, come have a beverage on the Irish Express. We'll be there shortly. 

I'll be there in a couple hours myself.  I sure hope to see a lot of Irish fans at the tailgate and the game, rain or no rain.  I just hope we don't have to deal with any lightning delays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dave007 said:

It is nothing personal, but there is no room.  Maybe 5 bodies can get inside...we have our radio team, two coaches and PA guy and it is PACKED.  Our video guy / coach is stuck outside and usually sets up behind student section.  All the visiting coaches have to take a spot top row of the stands either left or right of press box.

Every visiting teams has to put up with the same thing.  It has been this way FOREVER at Arlington.

Gotta love old-school.

Not really. This wasn’t an issue when Cathedral hosted CG in 2017 and 2019…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...