Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Play in Danville/Webo Game

Stoner

Question

5 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Stoner said:

Thanks. I didn’t think what they did could be right. After a lengthy discussion, they marked off 15 back from the line of scrimmage for the face mask, then 15 forward for the roughing, and gave Danville the ball 1st and 10.

Very disappointing. Penalty enforcement has no grey area. You either do it right or wrong. This was wrong, and the really disappointing thing is that there are 5 guys on that crew that either didn’t know the rule, or knew it, but were unwilling to speak up to save the crew. SMH.

1 hour ago, Stoner said:

Danville punting from a 4th and 4 situation—Webo roughs the punter, Danville grabs Webo return man’s face mask on the return. What are the possible options and enforcement?

This is a double foul because there was a change of possession on the play, and the team in possession at the end of the down (Webo) had fouled before the change of possession, and Webo’s foul was not a post-scrimmage kick foul. Since it’s a double foul, there are no options. The penalties offset and the down is replayed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bobref said:

This is a double foul because there was a change of possession on the play, and the team in possession at the end of the down (Webo) had fouled before the change of possession, and Webo’s foul was not a post-scrimmage kick foul. Since it’s a double foul, there are no options. The penalties offset and the down is replayed.

Thanks. I didn’t think what they did could be right. After a lengthy discussion, they marked off 15 back from the line of scrimmage for the face mask, then 15 forward for the roughing, and gave Danville the ball 1st and 10.

16 minutes ago, Dirty D said:

One of the coaches from this game told me the crew was the 5A state championship crew from last year. Sometimes mistakes are made and that is just what it was. I am sure each of us have made mistakes in penalty interpretation.

We all have. But that’s why all 5 people on the crew need to be paying attention during penalty enforcement. Anyone can have a brain cramp. But all five?