Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC power poll

Luers- the knights are marching on and coach k has the scheme and talent to finish the job..seeing a 2a program run the table is what high school football is all about..

Carroll- Dinan has them hitting on all the gears needed for sectional play..that dynamo at wr will wreck havoc yet NLC foes will have no fear.

Snider- if the panthers would like to paint the bell blk n gold once again they have their chance this week..weather is getting colder.. hits will be harder..

Homestead- head scratching season thus far..can't win them all..went through Carroll district today n they are building on as well..bball may still be king..

Dwenger- cyo teams know how to win in the playoffs..nuff said

Northrop- surprising win last week..they are gaining traction just in time n may surprise someone

Concordia- 3a sectional will suite them well..they have had a tough go yet nothing to be ashamed of

Wayne- one of the best rb in the area..good size lines...gr8 head coach..makes me wonder if the team chemistry is there..L.A. Lakers anyone?

Northside- see above

Southside- totem pole game was close n calhoun street brawl was a beat down..sectional win would be huge for them moving forward..

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Luers- the knights are marching on and coach k has the scheme and talent to finish the job..seeing a 2a program run the table is what high school football is all about..

Carroll- Dinan has them hitting on all the gears needed for sectional play..that dynamo at wr will wreck havoc yet NLC foes will have no fear.

Snider- if the panthers would like to paint the bell blk n gold once again they have their chance this week..weather is getting colder.. hits will be harder..

Homestead- head scratching season thus far..can't win them all..went through Carroll district today n they are building on as well..bball may still be king..

Dwenger- cyo teams know how to win in the playoffs..nuff said

Northrop- surprising win last week..they are gaining traction just in time n may surprise someone

Concordia- 3a sectional will suite them well..they have had a tough go yet nothing to be ashamed of

Wayne- one of the best rb in the area..good size lines...gr8 head coach..makes me wonder if the team chemistry is there..L.A. Lakers anyone?

Northside- see above

Southside- totem pole game was close n calhoun street brawl was a beat down..sectional win would be huge for them moving forward..

Snider will not get the bell.

If Snider knocks off Luers and the SAC ends in a 3 way tie. The bell goes to the school that has not had it the longest.

In this case it would go to Carroll because they have never had it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justasportsfan said:

Wow..thats new!

There's nine weeks in the season, just let each team have it for three weeks. Giving the bell to the school who hasn't had it the longest seems kind of juvenile in my opinion.

Anyway, poll looks good. The top 5 are cut and dry, the bottom 5 is a crapshoot. I will say this though.............Carroll is looking awfully good! Snider/Luers this week is a monster of a game. The crowd will be big for this one. 

5 hours ago, BTF said:

There's nine weeks in the season, just let each team have it for three weeks. Giving the bell to the school who hasn't had it the longest seems kind of juvenile in my opinion.

Anyway, poll looks good. The top 5 are cut and dry, the bottom 5 is a crapshoot. I will say this though.............Carroll is looking awfully good! Snider/Luers this week is a monster of a game. The crowd will be big for this one. 

3 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Isn't that the way it used to be? Wanna say a few teams shared it awhile back..memory isn't what it used to be though

I don't remember. It just seems like the logical way to do it. 

4 hours ago, Mebuck said:

Just a few years ago Dwenger, Wayne and one other team had a three way tie.

Wayne got the bell. I am going out on a limb. Want to say 2014? 

I was wrong, it was Wayne, Snider and Luers. Not Dwenger.  But the bell went to Wayne,  and Dwenger got it the next year. 2015

6 hours ago, Mebuck said:

I was wrong, it was Wayne, Snider and Luers. Not Dwenger.  But the bell went to Wayne,  and Dwenger got it the next year. 2015

I was a senior at Snider in 2015. Since us, Wayne, and Luers split the title in 2014, each of us had the bell for 3 weeks each throughout the 2015 season. Dwenger won the SAC in 2015, so they got the bell for all of the following season, 2016. 

On 10/10/2021 at 8:25 PM, Justasportsfan said:

Can't recall the year per se yet thought it went to the 3 schools the next year then the next yrs champ during playoff time..

No bell in the playoffs, per IHSAA. No noisemakers at all. At least that is how I remember it, definitely could be wrong.

8 hours ago, CLKeller16 said:

I was a senior at Snider in 2015. Since us, Wayne, and Luers split the title in 2014, each of us had the bell for 3 weeks each throughout the 2015 season. Dwenger won the SAC in 2015, so they got the bell for all of the following season, 2016. 

No bell in the playoffs, per IHSAA. No noisemakers at all. At least that is how I remember it, definitely could be wrong.

I cant keep up with all the changes.. I could see why..it was definitely ringing against Valpo during semi state (back in the day😉)

11 hours ago, CLKeller16 said:

Wayne must of had last because they left it on the sideline for Dwenger to take. It was painted red and baby blue. With a block "W" painted in red on the bell.... have video of it on my Facebook page memories.  Probably pop up this week. I will try to share it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mebuck said:

Wayne must of had last because they left it on the sideline for Dwenger to take. It was painted red and baby blue. With a block "W" painted in red on the bell.... have video of it on my Facebook page memories.  Probably pop up this week. I will try to share it.

Yeah that makes sense, easier than driving it across town at the end of the season. But Wayne and Dwenger played in the middle of the season in 2014, so not sure why they would leave it for them when at least one other team still had to have it for that season? Def would love to see the video tho. Snider would always paint the supports black and leave the bell itself plain. I actually hate the idea of painting on the actual bell at all, but to each their own I guess!

6 hours ago, CLKeller16 said:

Yeah that makes sense, easier than driving it across town at the end of the season. But Wayne and Dwenger played in the middle of the season in 2014, so not sure why they would leave it for them when at least one other team still had to have it for that season? Def would love to see the video tho. Snider would always paint the supports black and leave the bell itself plain. I actually hate the idea of painting on the actual bell at all, but to each their own I guess!

They left it on the sideline last game of 2015 not 2014. They played them the very next week for the first round of the playoffs.