Jump to content
The Gridiron Digest

6 and 5a get rid of sectionals


Recommended Posts

I have though about this for a while now and feel that in 6 and 5a do a way with sectionals and just have regionals.  It would open it more up to playing different teams,  and at a little more spice on who you good be playing.
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Trojanmp52 said:

I have though about this for a while now and feel that in 6 and 5a do a way with sectionals and just have regionals.  It would open it more up to playing different teams,  and at a little more spice on who you good be playing.
 

Combine sectionals to make one regional? Still to include all teams?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

Sec 1 and 2 for Reg. 1

Sec 3  and 4 for Reg 2

Sec 5 and 6 for. Reg 3

Sec 7 and 8. For. Reg 4

It'll never happen, but I think you are right, it would make for more intriguing matchups. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would eliminate a success factor point for winning a sectional. Doesn’t matter for 6A, but it could for a 5A team playing up in 6A.  With the current format, a team like Snider (just for example, when they were playing up in 6A) could win 2 sectionals and no regionals, and stay in 6A.  Without sectionals, they could win 0 regionals and go back to 5A.

Edited by HoopsCoach
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HoopsCoach said:

It would eliminate a success factor point for winning a sectional. Doesn’t matter for 6A, but it could for a 5A team playing up in 6A.  With the current format, a team like Snider (just for example, when they were playing up in 6A) could win 2 sectionals and no regionals, and stay in 6A.  Without sectionals, they could win 0 regionals and go back to 5A.

Easy fix if you make it  to the regional game you earn the same points as winning the sectionals.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2021 at 9:02 AM, Trojanmp52 said:

Sec 1 and 2 for Reg. 1

Sec 3  and 4 for Reg 2

Sec 5 and 6 for. Reg 3

Sec 7 and 8. For. Reg 4

I like it, but let's keep them as Sectionals so the current trophy system stays the same across classes. Instead, have 6A abolish Regionals. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...