Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A postseason talk

Yeah, I'm with @Lysander.  I know you guys lost a mud bowl to a solid Castle team, but Memorial is going to be as tough an out as anyone in 4A, save Roncalli.  I don't think they have any trouble with Northview.  Chatard faithful know far too well how dangerous Memorial is in the playoffs.  The winner of them vs. East Central will give Roncalli everything they can handle IMO.

4 hours ago, MICFan34 said:

I'm incredibly bullish on Roncalli & their coaching staff, but man, it's hard to beat a really solid Chatard team twice in the same year. You know Doyle has had to have Roncalli-specific periods built into practice these last 4 weeks, due to the nature of Chatard's opponents to end the season. It'll be a dog-fight & I wouldn't be shocked whatsoever to see Chatard pull off the W. 

I'm sure both teams have improved since the first meeting, so hopefully we have another great game, but I just don't see how Chatard pulls this one off.  Roncalli would have to make mistakes, which they typically aren't prone to.  I know, I know, the rivalry and tradition of both teams says this should be a great game, but realistically this has to be one of Roncalli's most talented teams in history I would think? I'd be curious to hear the opinion of any Roncalli guys out there?  From the sounds of it, they pretty much have a D1 offensive line, a record breaking 4 year starter at QB, their all-time leading wide receiver, and a really good running back.  And the defense is really good as well.  This tournament is Roncalli's to lose with the size and talent advantage they have over the field.

3 hours ago, TheDoctor22 said:

Yeah, I'm with @Lysander.  I know you guys lost a mud bowl to a solid Castle team, but Memorial is going to be as tough an out as anyone in 4A, save Roncalli.  I don't think they have any trouble with Northview.  Chatard faithful know far too well how dangerous Memorial is in the playoffs.  The winner of them vs. East Central will give Roncalli everything they can handle IMO.

I'm sure both teams have improved since the first meeting, so hopefully we have another great game, but I just don't see how Chatard pulls this one off.  Roncalli would have to make mistakes, which they typically aren't prone to.  I know, I know, the rivalry and tradition of both teams says this should be a great game, but realistically this has to be one of Roncalli's most talented teams in history I would think? I'd be curious to hear the opinion of any Roncalli guys out there?  From the sounds of it, they pretty much have a D1 offensive line, a record breaking 4 year starter at QB, their all-time leading wide receiver, and a really good running back.  And the defense is really good as well.  This tournament is Roncalli's to lose with the size and talent advantage they have over the field.

I think Chatard may have done Roncalli a favor by pushing them so hard in the first game.  No way Roncalli over looks Chatard to begin with, but they played them really tough. I would say that got Roncalli’s attention. 

Also depends what Chatard team show ups.  If they start the game like they did against Brebeuf, they are in trouble.  

7 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

So how does one figure out where these potential matchups would be?

Roncalli - EC

Roncalli - EM

Roncalli - NV

From my understanding 

Memorial at Roncalli

Roncalli at Northview 

Roncalli at East Central

Unless something crazy happens, I think that is what it is. But it really depends who wins or not

All I know is that Memorial will be big Chatard/Mt Vernon fans these next 2 weeks. Of course, if we get by this hard NV team 

Edited by TigerFan20
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

From my understanding 

Memorial at Roncalli

Roncalli at Northview 

Roncalli at East Central

Unless something crazy happens, I think that is what it is. But it really depends who wins or not

All I know is that Memorial will be big Chatard/Mt Vernon fans these next 2 weeks. Of course, if we get by this hard NV team 

Already counting the regional win against East Central? Interesting

16 minutes ago, tango said:

Uh, no.  Did you read the entire post, which shows Roncalli match-ups involving EC and Northview?  

Honestly, it was a slow day at work and I was thinking about how Roncalli always seems to  play at EC in the playoffs.  If Roncalli does not make it, I will wish those teams the best of luck and probably skip the broadcast.

2 hours ago, fenderbender said:

Honestly, it was a slow day at work and I was thinking about how Roncalli always seems to  play at EC in the playoffs.  If Roncalli does not make it, I will wish those teams the best of luck and probably skip the broadcast.

I wasn't responding to you. I was responding the Trojan12 who (I think) was inferring that maybe TigerFan20 was assuming Memorial would be EC in regional.  As I've said a bunch, I don't know of any Memorial fan who is looking past Northview. We are going to have our hands more than full Friday night.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tango said:

I wasn't responding to you. I was responding the Trojan12 who (I think) was inferring that maybe TigerFan20 was assuming Memorial would be EC in regional.  As I've said a bunch, I don't know of any Memorial fan who is looking past Northview. We are going to have our hands more than full Friday night.

It was a misread on my part

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Raiderman 2016 said:

Anyone giving Northridge a shot to beat Leo? Game was close last year, there are a lot of kids that played on the team last year. Or does everyone think it will be lopsided like I have been hearing? 

No idea, don’t know much about Northridge 

55 minutes ago, Raiderman 2016 said:

Anyone giving Northridge a shot to beat Leo? Game was close last year, there are a lot of kids that played on the team last year. Or does everyone think it will be lopsided like I have been hearing? 

I think Harrells 7 point spread is going to be a lot closer than the Ft Wayne media predictions I've seen of 18,24, and up margin of victory for Leo. 

We are still missing some difference making dudes, but we've been a different team with Gott at QB. 

We will have to play mistake free football to have a chance, and I think we will for the most part.

Someone you didn't see last year is Sheron.  Missed his junior year due to injury after playing mainly DE his sophomore year.   Dude is a stud and I think had he not missed last year he would be getting way more college looks.  He's a D-1 RB.

Good luck with him lol.

Edited by Knightsfan_01

1 minute ago, Knightsfan_01 said:

Someone you didn't see last year is Sheron.  Missed his junior year due to injury after playing mainly DE his sophomore year.   Dude is a stud and I think had he not missed last year he would be getting way more college looks.  He's a D-1 RB.

He is not a D-1 RB. His fit is more of St. Francis, Marian, Eastern Illinois, and schools similar. 

Leo vs Northridge will be closer than people expect and I think Leo wins by 7 points or less

37 minutes ago, Knightsfan_01 said:

Good luck with him lol.

Fair enough, someone Leo didn't see last year was Tagg Gott.  He was playing in Michigan last year, and has been playing at a high level for Northridge in recent weeks after being moved to qb due to necessity.  This game has potential to surprise a lot of people.

3 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

He is not a D-1 RB. His fit is more of St. Francis, Marian, Eastern Illinois, and schools similar. 

Leo vs Northridge will be closer than people expect and I think Leo wins by 7 points or less

Yeah you're right,  D-1 might be a stretch but let me phrase it this way..  He has 30%ish of Leo's carries on the ground, avg 11+ypc with 1300yds and 19tds on the season.  If he was the centerpiece of their run game he would be 2000+ with 30tds or more.  That's not Leo's offense though.  

And this game will not be close.. This is not the same Leo team from last year.  

I know the frustration some coaches have in seeing all the angles and spots to take advantage of in the East Central D. Give points to that rain as teams found it much more effective to ground more last Friday. Patterson improving, but still unable to do it against better defenses and Mooresville has had to outscore teams rather than take defensive battles. A knowledgeable friend of mine (not inside program) insisted that Denny would be the better qb starting in 2020 and has only grown in that belief. 

A Lindauer led Memorial would expose EC, and especially Brady Allen, but will see about the qb's and teams they face and weather conditions. 

If you can video of tonight's Mississinewa and Fort Wayne Wayne game it was wild.  Wayne had 2 players ejected in the 3rd quarter.  Then with 7:05 left in the game, the officials called the game due to the number of unsportsmanlike penalties.   One of the Wayne players chased Mississinewa's coach around the field.  I am sure the IHSAA will be looking at the film and reviewing it to determine if there are any suspensions of players and coach's from both teams.  It wouldn't surprise me if the IHSAA suspends players from Wayne in the next sport they play this school year.  

Mississinewa has one running back that is 100 yards shy of 2,000 rushing yards on the season and another running back that has almost 1,500 yards rushing on the season.   The Northridge game will be a good one.  Hopefully the goal post is straight in the West endzone.  

6 minutes ago, Indiansreloaded said:

If you can video of tonight's Mississinewa and Fort Wayne Wayne game it was wild.  Wayne had 2 players ejected in the 3rd quarter.  Then with 7:05 left in the game, the officials called the game due to the number of unsportsmanlike penalties.   One of the Wayne players chased Mississinewa's coach around the field.  I am sure the IHSAA will be looking at the film and reviewing it to determine if there are any suspensions of players and coach's from both teams.  It wouldn't surprise me if the IHSAA suspends players from Wayne in the next sport they play this school year.  

Mississinewa has one running back that is 100 yards shy of 2,000 rushing yards on the season and another running back that has almost 1,500 yards rushing on the season.   The Northridge game will be a good one.  Hopefully the goal post is straight in the West endzone.  

Wait what? First time I heard that tonight....

32 minutes ago, Indiansreloaded said:

Saw the video. Not sure the prelude to what happened, but in the video I saw of the specific incident, that falls solely on Mississinewa’s #62. Won’t find a bigger cheap shot than that shove in the back after the play was over. IHSAA should be able to review that video and retroactively eject him from the game (if he already wasn’t) and he should be suspended for the next game. If I were his coach he wouldn’t play the rest of the season.

14 hours ago, Knightsfan_01 said:

Yeah you're right,  D-1 might be a stretch but let me phrase it this way..  He has 30%ish of Leo's carries on the ground, avg 11+ypc with 1300yds and 19tds on the season.  If he was the centerpiece of their run game he would be 2000+ with 30tds or more.  That's not Leo's offense though.  

And this game will not be close.. This is not the same Leo team from last year.  

Yikes