Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hard to believe we are nearing the completion of the 2021 IHSAA Football Regular season!

We've got the first round IHSAA state tournament pairings and are ready for Week #9.

Game of the week, imho, NJSP at Pioneer.  Can the Jays hang with the defending HNAC champs?

Who ya got this week?

Friday, Oct. 15
Culver at LaVille ©, 7 pm
Knox at Caston ©, 7:30 pm
North Judson at Pioneer ©, 7:30 pm
Triton at Winamac ©, 7 pm

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Culver @ LaVille-  Culver has an offense that can grind you out.  LaVille has a defense that can get off the field.  This game will come down to exposing the other teams weaknesses.  Culver's defense has improved, but will they be able to get off the field?  LaVille's offense has struggled all year to generate points will they be able to produce against the Cavs?  I'll take LaVille by 10.

Knox @ Caston-  Knox exploded on offense last week.  Caston is still struggling against conference opponents.  Maybe the team from Knox is starting to gel as we wind down this conference season.  Knox by 14.

North Judson @ Pioneer-  Both teams are playing great as the season comes to a close.  Judson is perfect in the conference.  Pioneer has one loss on their record.  Pioneer will look to send the message that things are still the same in the HNAC.  Judson is looking to let everyone know they are for real.  Best game of the conference season so far.  Best matchup of the week.  Get out to the Pit and root for whoever you choose.  North Judson by 7.

Triton Winamac-  Triton is coming off a tough loss to Knox.  Winamac has been rolling against the derelicts of the kankakee valley area.  Winamac by 12.  

Culver @ LaVille- Lancers- Lancer offense will need to eek out some points on the few possessions they get on the night. Culver doesn't do anything special, but they run their 6 play offense pretty well. Any body have any insight as to why they run the world's most boring offense?

Knox @ Caston- The Knox High School Football Team- Caston is flat out bad.

North Judson @ Pioneer- Panthers- Conference matchup of the week. I was pretty impressed with Judson after watching the LaVille game from last week. They are very physical up front and their backs run hard. Weather could be a factor this week that might limit their passing attack and make the mesh points tricky on their triple. If Pioneer can take care of the ball on offense, I like their chances. No matter who comes out on top I don't see it by more than 10 points.

Triton @ Winamac- Winamac- Triton has the pieces to win this game but I think they're a year or 2 out. Unsure how good Winamac truly is as this point.

• Like 3

Not much being said this week.  I guess there's only one game that looks to be competitive.

North Judson @ Pioneer - Definitely the best matchup on paper this week.  I think the weather will favor the Panthers, and playing at home will help as well.  I think the Jays would win this matchup 60% of the time in different settings, but tonight I'm going with Pioneer.  Panthers 22-14

Culver @ LaVille - It'll be over before 9:00.  Lancers will score enough to hold off the Cavs.  Lancers 13-0

Knox @ Caston - Knox big in this one.  Their offense was clicking last week and they will again this week.  Redskins 42-7

Triton @ Winamac - Too much senior experience for the Warriors.  Triton is young and hasn't really learned how to win yet.  They're a year away.  I don't think this is a blowout, but the outcome won't be in doubt after the 1st quarter.  Winamac 35-14

Culver at LaVille ©, 7 pm - Laville finds some offense this week and puts up a offensive high for the year. Laville 24 Culver 0
Knox at Caston ©, 7:30 pm - Knox get win #3 on the season before getting dismantled in the tourney. Knox 35 Caston 6
North Judson at Pioneer ©, 7:30 pm - The game of the week. Jays get it done. Jays 30 Pioneer 18
Triton at Winamac ©, 7 pm - Winamac 35 Triton 20

On 10/15/2021 at 11:19 AM, FinePrint said:

Not much being said this week.  I guess there's only one game that looks to be competitive.

North Judson @ Pioneer - Definitely the best matchup on paper this week.  I think the weather will favor the Panthers, and playing at home will help as well.  I think the Jays would win this matchup 60% of the time in different settings, but tonight I'm going with Pioneer.  Panthers 22-14

Culver @ LaVille - It'll be over before 9:00.  Lancers will score enough to hold off the Cavs.  Lancers 13-0

Knox @ Caston - Knox big in this one.  Their offense was clicking last week and they will again this week.  Redskins 42-7

Triton @ Winamac - Too much senior experience for the Warriors.  Triton is young and hasn't really learned how to win yet.  They're a year away.  I don't think this is a blowout, but the outcome won't be in doubt after the 1st quarter.  Winamac 35-14

#2 and #22 from Triton are going to be problems in 2 years. Triton adds a couple more weapons they'll be very good in 2023.