Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #9

20-5 picking MIC vs MIC contests heading into the last week of the regular season.

Carmel at Lawrence Central - The Hounds seen to be healthy and seem to be figuring out the defensive side of the ball based on recent results.  They are likely selling the fact that they were down their starting QB against Center Grove last month as hope for the tournament.  LC continues to improve and won’t win this one but can sell a brighter future to their student athletes and community.  Carmel wins 37-13.

Center Grove at Cathedral - Can’t say much that hasn’t already been said about this monumental matchup.  I expect it to be a defensive battle much like last year and will revise my score from another thread as both teams will have to keep their starting defense in for the duration of this one, which is a rarity.  I’ll say CG wins it 20-14.

North Central at Ben Davis - Feel for the Giants seniors as they are playing this one ON FALL BREAK at 3pm on a Friday afternoon.  Though this is a sign of the times, I hope it doesn’t set a precedent.  As for the game, there is no program in Indiana that needs a “feel good” game heading into the tournament more so than BD.  They’ll get it against a North Central team coming off its first win of the season.  BD wins 45-14.

Pike at Lawrence North - The Wildcats have had a rough stretch in recent weeks with a backloaded schedule.  They’ll get to breathe a little this week and build some momentum heading into the tournament.  LN rolls 31-14.

What say you?

Edited by temptation

On 10/12/2021 at 7:24 AM, temptation said:

20-5 picking MIC vs MIC contests heading into the last week of the regular season.

Carmel at Lawrence Central - The Hounds seen to be healthy and seem to be figuring out the defensive side of the ball based on recent results.  They are likely selling the fact that they were down their starting QB against Center Grove last month as hope for the tournament.  LC continues to improve and won’t win this one but can sell a brighter future to their student athletes and community.  Carmel wins 37-13.

Center Grove at Cathedral - Can’t say much that hasn’t already been said about this monumental matchup.  I expect it to be a defensive battle much like last year and will revise my score from another thread as both teams will have to keep their starting defense in for the duration of this one, which is a rarity.  I’ll say CG wins it 20-14.

North Central at Ben Davis - Feel for the Giants seniors as they are playing this one ON FALL BREAK at 3pm on a Friday afternoon.  Though this is a sign of the times, I hope it doesn’t set a precedent.  As for the game, there is no program in Indiana that needs a “feel good” game heading into the tournament more so than BD.  They’ll get it against a North Central team coming off its first win of the season.  BD wins 45-14.

Pike at Lawrence North - The Wildcats have had a rough stretch in recent weeks with a backloaded schedule.  They’ll get to breathe a little this week and build some momentum heading into the tournament.  LN rolls 31-14.

What say you?

You've been great picking these games this year. Much better than I have been.

Carmel at LC-Boy you said it there. Coach Patterson has done a great job. LC is the little team that could this year. Speedy speedy speedy! Carmel's too good though. I think the Hounds win it in the neighborhood of your score.

Center Grove at Cathedral-I still fail to understand why either team schedules this game the final game of the regular season. It's a big game and certainly there will be hard hitting and the potential for season-changing injury on either side in a game that means little for conference or even class bragging rights. That said, I get the feeling this one comes down to the final possession again. Low scoring on grass and on a rainy evening. I'll take the Grove 14-13.

North Central at Ben Davis-The Giants are getting healthier and better at the right time and finally figured out how to close out somebody last week. North Central got the win over Pike. I think they have their biggest offensive showing to date, but it's not enough to stop the Giants (although the weather could hold the score down). Ben Davis 35-North Central 20

Pike at Lawrence North-The Red Devils continue to try to find traction. It's not happening this week. LN 24, Pike 7.

17 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

You've been great picking these games this year. Much better than I have been.

Carmel at LC-Boy you said it there. Coach Patterson has done a great job. LC is the little team that could this year. Speedy speedy speedy! Carmel's too good though. I think the Hounds win it in the neighborhood of your score.

Center Grove at Cathedral-I still fail to understand why either team schedules this game the final game of the regular season. It's a big game and certainly there will be hard hitting and the potential for season-changing injury on either side in a game that means little for conference or even class bragging rights. That said, I get the feeling this one comes down to the final possession again. Low scoring on grass and on a rainy evening. I'll take the Grove 14-13.

North Central at Ben Davis-The Giants are getting healthier and better at the right time and finally figured out how to close out somebody last week. North Central got the win over Pike. I think they have their biggest offensive showing to date, but it's not enough to stop the Giants (although the weather could hold the score down). Ben Davis 35-North Central 20

Pike at Lawrence North-The Red Devils continue to try to find traction. It's not happening this week. LN 24, Pike 7.

Thanks.  It was fun.  22-6 (.785) on the season.  (Didn’t count the CG/Cathedral game.)