• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

sectional 40

SECTIONAL 40 [BRACKET]
North Posey [6-2] at Crawford County [2-4]
South Spencer [3-5] at North Knox [6-2]
Linton-Stockton [8-0] at Tell City [5-3]
Forest Park [3-5] at Evansville Mater Dei [6-2]

I'm sure Mater Dei is the favorite to most...but, a pretty competitive sectional.

Edited by NorthKnox94

35 minutes ago, NorthKnox94 said:
SECTIONAL 40 [BRACKET]
North Posey [6-2] at Crawford County [2-4]
South Spencer [3-5] at North Knox [6-2]
Linton-Stockton [8-0] at Tell City [5-3]
Forest Park [3-5] at Evansville Mater Dei [6-2]

I'm sure Mater Dei is the favorite to most...but, a pretty competitive sectional.

Agree, Linton won’t be a push over. 

10 hours ago, Moonshiners said:

There’s already been a lot of love shown Linton’s way so this seems fitting.

9989C722-25F9-48D0-B441-CB4850C0B06A.jpeg

No doubt the Wildcats of the West Side are Kings of the Sectional 40 Mountain. 40 is theirs to lose especially with the only L's coming by way of the Wildcats of Transmission Land (8-0) and the Inter-Parochial Tigers (7-1).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NorthKnox94 said:

Like WW has theirs locked down?  jk...give me some insight on Paoli...

Haha. Exactly like they do! Paoli is senior heavy. Good size. Run heavy as always. Trey Rominger is the workhorse of the flex bone offense for them. They can be ran on. WW had decent success at times and Mitchell ran for quite a bit last week. I trail a paoli guy by 1 in our pick ems so I'm gonna need you guys to take care of em. That should be used in the coaches motivational speech

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WWFan said:

Haha. Exactly like they do! Paoli is senior heavy. Good size. Run heavy as always. Trey Rominger is the workhorse of the flex bone offense for them. They can be ran on. WW had decent success at times and Mitchell ran for quite a bit last week. I trail a paoli guy by 1 in our pick ems so I'm gonna need you guys to take care of em. That should be used in the coaches motivational speech

I feel as though we will score more then them...we just need to stop them a few times...lol

2 hours ago, WWFan said:

I'll pick NK to win so you can't overtake me either way!

• Haha 2

Well one thing Linton can't forget about is Tell City.  Last year the talk all year was about the Marksmen....and justifiably so.  Was it Tell City that could knock off Mater Dei, because the Wildcats were still the favorite despite being 5-4 going into it.  I don't think many folks down south thought Linton at 6-3 would go down and be in the game with the Marksmen.  But some did, including myself.  LInton was gelling pretty good since losing to N.Knox, and recall TC had lost 2 of their last 3 games going into that well.  Course we all know that it was a monsoon, and we know that the Marksmen got the wickedness of quarantine that knocked out several of their regular starters.  I'm certain that played into the final score of 34-0...but I'm equally certain that Linton could have won that game regardless.  

This year the Marksmen are 5-3 with losses to 6-2 Heritage Hills, 6-2 North Posey and 4-4 Southridge.      i am sure they are a much different team having lost 13 key seniors, but I'm betting a lot of those underclassmen in the game last year have indeed hoped for another crack at the Miners.  Linton cannot even think of Mater Dei before getting back from Tell City with a W.  I think North Knox is in much the same scenario with people already looking ahead to a MD-NK sectional championship.  The Vikiings have lost only twice this season--to 6-3 3A Heritage Hills, and last week to 3A 7-1 Mt. Vernon (posey).  I know the comparison out there is their common opponent in Tecumseh (1-6)..  NP won that 23-18 while NK blasted the braves 47-6.   Actually the Warriors have to face 3-5 South Spencer which they should do, especially being at home, and NP should take out Crawford County... meaning the Warrior Viking clash would happen in Poseyville.

We know Mater Dei will be advancing to 2nd round unless they collapse entirely against a much improved 3-5 Forest Park Ranger team.  The Miners and Marksmen meeting in Tell City is certainly one the Miners will be favored in, but cannot be caught looking ahead at another clash with the Wildcats.  And as for that game itself should it arrive...I will wait until that reality arrives.  This is the best I've seen the Miners look since the state runs of 2015 and 2016... but Mater Dei simply hasn't lost to anyone in this 2A sectional not named Southridge since 2007.   Until Linton proves they can compete at MD's level all the talk means nothing.  

17 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

Well one thing Linton can't forget about is Tell City.  Last year the talk all year was about the Marksmen....and justifiably so.  Was it Tell City that could knock off Mater Dei, because the Wildcats were still the favorite despite being 5-4 going into it.  I don't think many folks down south thought Linton at 6-3 would go down and be in the game with the Marksmen.  But some did, including myself.  LInton was gelling pretty good since losing to N.Knox, and recall TC had lost 2 of their last 3 games going into that well.  Course we all know that it was a monsoon, and we know that the Marksmen got the wickedness of quarantine that knocked out several of their regular starters.  I'm certain that played into the final score of 34-0...but I'm equally certain that Linton could have won that game regardless.  

This year the Marksmen are 5-3 with losses to 6-2 Heritage Hills, 6-2 North Posey and 4-4 Southridge.      i am sure they are a much different team having lost 13 key seniors, but I'm betting a lot of those underclassmen in the game last year have indeed hoped for another crack at the Miners.  Linton cannot even think of Mater Dei before getting back from Tell City with a W.  I think North Knox is in much the same scenario with people already looking ahead to a MD-NK sectional championship.  The Vikiings have lost only twice this season--to 6-3 3A Heritage Hills, and last week to 3A 7-1 Mt. Vernon (posey).  I know the comparison out there is their common opponent in Tecumseh (1-6)..  NP won that 23-18 while NK blasted the braves 47-6.   Actually the Warriors have to face 3-5 South Spencer which they should do, especially being at home, and NP should take out Crawford County... meaning the Warrior Viking clash would happen in Poseyville.

We know Mater Dei will be advancing to 2nd round unless they collapse entirely against a much improved 3-5 Forest Park Ranger team.  The Miners and Marksmen meeting in Tell City is certainly one the Miners will be favored in, but cannot be caught looking ahead at another clash with the Wildcats.  And as for that game itself should it arrive...I will wait until that reality arrives.  This is the best I've seen the Miners look since the state runs of 2015 and 2016... but Mater Dei simply hasn't lost to anyone in this 2A sectional not named Southridge since 2007.   Until Linton proves they can compete at MD's level all the talk means nothing.  

I guarantee NK will not overlook anyone...I know most of the coaches fairly well, I know none of them will overlook anyone.  Love your write ups...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, southend said:

I also agree with the statement, until Linton proves that they can compete at MD level, all the talk means nothing. 
That being said, the miners seem to have that edge to them this year. 

How so?  You flip schedules and MD is undefeated and LS likely has 3-4 losses (Jasper, Memorial, Castle and maybe North).

Edited by Wildcat1992
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wildcat1992 said:

How so?  You flip schedules and MD is undefeated and LS likely has 3-4 losses (Jasper, Memorial, Castle and maybe North).

The fact you are disputing that LINTON couldn’t even hang with those teams just shows you know nothing about them.  

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

Stupid Success Factor - we had been developing quite a rivalry with the mighty MD wildcats. MD fans don't like to hear it, but actually since the 2000s, we hold a slim 6-5 advantage in meetings when we've squared off. (Some of those years MD was in 3A, and others we were) 

In fact now that I think about it...has ANY other Sectional 40 team knocked them off ?? I'm sure going back to the 80s or 90s someone else has...but I don't think so in the 2000s?? 

Point being - if not this year for Linton, then when?? 

1 hour ago, Noble1978 said:

The fact you are disputing that LINTON couldn’t even hang with those teams just shows you know nothing about them.  

That's not even close to what I said.  Do I think that Linton could hang with them.  Probably for a while.  Do I think Linton would beat Jasper, Memorial or Castle?  Nope.  Cold they beat North?  Maybe, but I'd favor North for sure.

• Like 2

This is what I think stinks about being in 4A.  No post-season rivals from distant lands...

24 minutes ago, jets said:

Stupid Success Factor - we had been developing quite a rivalry with the mighty MD wildcats. MD fans don't like to hear it, but actually since the 2000s, we hold a slim 6-5 advantage in meetings when we've squared off. (Some of those years MD was in 3A, and others we were) 

In fact now that I think about it...has ANY other Sectional 40 team knocked them off ?? I'm sure going back to the 80s or 90s someone else has...but I don't think so in the 2000s?? 

Point being - if not this year for Linton, then when?? 

Yep.  It was a great rivalry.  Tell City and South Spencer have beaten MD a couple of times early on, but not lately.   

54 minutes ago, globemstr3 said:

Actually Sagarin ratings see it a little different. But that's right if it doesn't fit the agenda discount it. I get it. LOL

Sagarin isn't very effective tool to use when a team plays a conference only schedule. Once the post season starts after a few weeks MD's sagarin rating would change quite a bit depending on outcomes of other teams within the SIAC.

• Like 1