Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

sectional 40

15 hours ago, Noble1978 said:

Even when MD was good in past seasons they still never got close to 66 or 67.  LS wins 35-28. The Evansville recruiters go home losers

It is called "sarcasm" and in not an infrequent tool on these forums.  

17 posts in and you are tossing out the "recruiters" trash.  Weak.  You are off to an inauspicious debut.  

• Like 4

Putting together a plan for Friday night & looking @ food options.  Does Linton-Stockton have good concessions available or can someone recommend a decent place to grab a bite before the game?   Something local would be great but any place with decent food - and a tolerance for the rowdy group of 13 year old boys accompanying me - would be just fine. 

Thanks in advance.  

5 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

It is called "sarcasm" and in not an infrequent tool on these forums.  

17 posts in and you are tossing out the "recruiters" trash.  Weak.  You are off to an inauspicious debut.  

When you know the truth you know the truth 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Noble1978 said:

When you know the truth you know the truth 

I don't know if it is the truth or not but I have heard that Linton gets some players from nearby school districts that do not have football teams. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sr1 said:

I don't know if it is the truth or not but I have heard that Linton gets some players from nearby school districts that do not have football teams. 

I dont know so much how about football, but you are very right about other sports.

1 hour ago, MDAlum82 said:

Putting together a plan for Friday night & looking @ food options.  Does Linton-Stockton have good concessions available or can someone recommend a decent place to grab a bite before the game?   Something local would be great but any place with decent food - and a tolerance for the rowdy group of 13 year old boys accompanying me - would be just fine. 

Thanks in advance.  

They have badass ribeye samwiches, I swear to God they do!

I see MD winning 35-21.  MD limited the offenses in the SIAC to just under 15 ppg, so I'm not sure LS going to have seen a defense as good as what they will see Friday night.  Looks like weather is going to be a factor, which could cause problems for the passing game.  Hope the field is in good condition.  We played up there a couple of years back after some rain and it was really sloppy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wildcat1992 said:

I see MD winning 35-21.  MD limited the offenses in the SIAC to just under 15 ppg, so I'm not sure LS going to have seen a defense as good as what they will see Friday night.  Looks like weather is going to be a factor, which could cause problems for the passing game.  Hope the field is in good condition.  We played up there a couple of years back after some rain and it was really sloppy.

MD only scored 35 pts (or more) three times this season (Bosse, Harrison, Forest Park.) Linton only allowed over 20 twice (Sullivan, North Knox.) With potential for wet weather I see this game being a 17-14 / 21-14 type game. 

1 hour ago, BendNotBreak said:

The SIAC champ is out in the 1st round.... Southridge n Sullivan gone as well. Is both MD n Linton overated?  Can Linton close the scoring gap from the previous meetings between these two.... with a sloppy field in the forcast.... hmmm

I expect a tough game, but I do think MD pulls away late.  If LS gets behind and has to throw to play catch up, it will be very difficult for them.

21 hours ago, gonzoron said:

So that's what @Noble1978meant. The Linton recruiters get the win at home.

No by that statement mean MD recruits. Come on don’t play that we don’t recruit crap.  You’re a 2A school in the middle of 4,5 and 6A schools.   Kids leave to go the the better programs.  I get that. But don’t say you don’t recruit them.  Whether is HS or JR High.  And yes there’s schools around our area who do not have football.  Shakamak, WRV and Bloomfield.  Wouldn’t count Eastern. They have it.   Kids don’t leave schools like Eastern, Sullivan or North Daviess to come to LINTON to play football when they already have it.  

Edited by Noble1978
  • Haha 3
  • Kill me now 1

1 hour ago, Noble1978 said:

No by that statement mean MD recruits. Come on don’t play that we don’t recruit crap.  You’re a 2A school in the middle of 4,5 and 6A schools.   Kids leave to go the the better programs.  I get that. But don’t say you don’t recruit them.  Whether is HS or JR High.  And yes there’s schools around our area who do not have football.  Shakamak, WRV and Bloomfield.  Wouldn’t count Eastern. They have it.   Kids don’t leave schools like Eastern, Sullivan or North Daviess to come to LINTON to play football when they already have it.  

You Talkin To Me GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In following 2A this yr... i found the shellacking Scenina put HC last wk made things a lil clearer in the South.. this wk we hav another big game ... n it looks like ill hav to wait for Miner Pride to put out his update ... as the Linton fan base appears to once again b cowering in abject fear of sayin anything that may offend Madder Days... anyway.. it indeed looks like weather is gonna play a huge factor in this game... from what ive read... MD has the beef up front... whic dosent bode well for the Miners ...whic i believe was said to depend more on quick twitch to offset it... i cant think of a big game wher a mud bowl didnt end up bein a huge adv for the power team... b nice to c someone pull off a successful strategy to counter it though.....

19 hours ago, Noble1978 said:

Name one player that Mater Dei has recruited. Name a player that came to Mater Dei from one of the city schools in Evansville that plays on this team. You can't do it because it didn't happen. There are people in this world who take shots at others who are successful to make themselves feel better. You appear to be one of those people. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Name one player that Mater Dei has recruited. Name a player that came to Mater Dei from one of the city schools in Evansville that plays on this team. You can't do it because it didn't happen. There are people in this world who take shots at others who are successful to make themselves feel better. You appear to be one of those people. 

Not trying to get into this argument but I would assume that any player that was originally outside of the MD network would be in place before high school. Say a 7th grader who doesn't go to school in the MD network but lives in one of the three counties that MD has schools in and has interest in MD. They could get sponsored potentially for the opportunity to attend St. Wendel or one of the other 7 grade schools that feed MD. Or maybe their parents could apply for a voucher to help cover the expense.  I don't think MD is looking at other teams roster and going after players, although I did see some really nice invitations and heard a radio ad for an open house. 

*Edit: Let me clarify those invitations and radio ad were not intended for athletes but any interested student.

Edited by Cappy
  • Disdain 1

29 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Not trying to get into this argument but I would assume that any player that was originally outside of the MD network would be in place before high school. Say a 7th grader who doesn't go to school in the MD network but lives in one of the three counties that MD has schools in and has interest in MD. They could get sponsored potentially for the opportunity to attend St. Wendel or one of the other 7 grade schools that feed MD. Or maybe their parents could apply for a voucher to help cover the expense.  I don't think MD is looking at other teams roster and going after players, although I did see some really nice invitations and heard a radio ad for an open house. 

*Edit: Let me clarify those invitations and radio ad were not intended for athletes but any interested student.

Great, now we go from "recruiting" via Open Houses that every school - including North Posey - conducts to mysterious "sponsorships" to attend Feeder schools.  "They could get sponsored potentially" - How exactly does one get one of these "sponsorships", Cappy?  I would love to know so I can save the tuition!