Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

sectional 40

15 hours ago, jets said:

Always enjoy your write up's and passion for Miner football. 

However one critique I could offer from a journalistic standpoint - it's bad form if you're going to use players name in an unflattering moment in the game (ie "Ralph was pancaked" ) and not use the same verbiage when speaking of Miner mistakes. (ie "a couple missed tackles") 

Just an observation

Yeah I know it's very one sided... I try not to do that... usually... but I guess I wanted Donovan to feel good knowing things like that get noticed.  Ralph got in several big tackles...and we were concerned about handling him at all... but I saw several positive runs go right at him with some good blocks particularly from DeBruhl.  They started moving Ralph around the D Line...and he definitely made plays in the 2nd half.  Did not help us when DeBruhl went out in the late 3rd with Ankle.   Oh It's very hard to call a game on radio.. or write up a recap and not 'call' out a mistake... I try everytime not to name a player on a blatant mistake.. and sometimes it's impossible.  In the MD Linton recap I feel I gave Ralph a ton of kudos on his play to offset one pancake comment.  Kinda like then Trey Goodman threw 3 picks against Southridge a couple years back.  It was hard to ignore that those 3 picks put our Defense in a terrible spot and gave up points we could never get back.  And I never fault a kid for effort!    And in the end they (MD) are playing in Regional this week.  We are into Basketball.    But I will watch myself in the future for those journalistic errors!  I never ever ever would call myself a professional writer!  They'd never allow all those words..

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Miner_Pride said:

Yeah I know it's very one sided... I try not to do that... usually... but I guess I wanted Donovan to feel good knowing things like that get noticed.  Ralph got in several big tackles...and we were concerned about handling him at all... but I saw several positive runs go right at him with some good blocks particularly from DeBruhl.  They started moving Ralph around the D Line...and he definitely made plays in the 2nd half.  Did not help us when DeBruhl went out in the late 3rd with Ankle.   Oh It's very hard to call a game on radio.. or write up a recap and not 'call' out a mistake... I try everytime not to name a player on a blatant mistake.. and sometimes it's impossible.  In the MD Linton recap I feel I gave Ralph a ton of kudos on his play to offset one pancake comment.  Kinda like then Trey Goodman threw 3 picks against Southridge a couple years back.  It was hard to ignore that those 3 picks put our Defense in a terrible spot and gave up points we could never get back.  And I never fault a kid for effort!    And in the end they (MD) are playing in Regional this week.  We are into Basketball.    But I will watch myself in the future for those journalistic errors!  I never ever ever would call myself a professional writer!  They'd never allow all those words..

I appreciate the passion you have for your miners! The world needs more people like you!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Cappy said:

I appreciate the passion you have for your miners! The world needs more people like you!!

Thank you...    I tell ya something else.  I go super extra effort to learn about who is playing on the other side of the field.  My goal every week is to let Miner Fans know anything and everything so they can appreciate those athletes we play against.  I swear I know the numbers and names without looking for most every 2 deep by the time game time hits!

• Like 3