• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC week 9 picks before sectionals

On 10/12/2021 at 10:12 AM, Coach Morales said:

Dwenger over Northrop

Homestead over South Side

Carroll over Wayne

Northside over Concordia

Snider over Luers, this one will be a barnburner...

Good luck to all coaches and players...

You hijacking Jakone again 😀

• Like 1

Dwenger at Northrop

This one could be interesting. The Bruins are coming off of a solid win over the Legends, and the Saints have lost four out of their last five. Saints will probably pull away, but I'll be watching the fourth quarter on this one. Final Score: Bishop Dwenger 35-21 Northrop

North Side at Concordia

Closest game in the Fort this week, but only because they're both so bad. Legends have so much talent, but no heart. Cadets are just kinda... there? Tight game over in Zollner, but still a snooze fest. Cadets stop the slide. Final Score: North Side 16-17 Concordia

Snider at Luers

I almost picked against the Panthers again this week, and I was afraid @psaboy was going to come find me. But I forgot three very important things: that 1) all of the Knights' big games have been away games, on turf, and 2) this game is at Luers Field, and 3) Friday is calling for cold and rain. The Knights finally comes home to a natural surface and inclement weather to find the hottest team in the SAC who has arguably the best run game in the SAC. (Sounds like another game down in the Indy area... 👀) Knights have their work cut out for them this Friday, and I think it's going to be a classic no matter who wins. Final Score: Snider 31-24 Bishop Luers

South Side at Homestead

Archers should have been scouting Delta all week, because at least they stand a chance in that game. Final Score: South Side 7-49 Homestead

Wayne at Carroll

The Generals actually did keep it competitive last week, for about two and a half quarters. That wont happen this week. Roll Chargers. Final Score: Wayne 17-54 Carroll

5 hours ago, CLKeller16 said:

Dwenger at Northrop

This one could be interesting. The Bruins are coming off of a solid win over the Legends, and the Saints have lost four out of their last five. Saints will probably pull away, but I'll be watching the fourth quarter on this one. Final Score: Bishop Dwenger 35-21 Northrop

North Side at Concordia

Closest game in the Fort this week, but only because they're both so bad. Legends have so much talent, but no heart. Cadets are just kinda... there? Tight game over in Zollner, but still a snooze fest. Cadets stop the slide. Final Score: North Side 16-17 Concordia

Snider at Luers

I almost picked against the Panthers again this week, and I was afraid @psaboy was going to come find me. But I forgot three very important things: that 1) all of the Knights' big games have been away games, on turf, and 2) this game is at Luers Field, and 3) Friday is calling for cold and rain. The Knights finally comes home to a natural surface and inclement weather to find the hottest team in the SAC who has arguably the best run game in the SAC. (Sounds like another game down in the Indy area... 👀) Knights have their work cut out for them this Friday, and I think it's going to be a classic no matter who wins. Final Score: Snider 31-24 Bishop Luers

South Side at Homestead

Archers should have been scouting Delta all week, because at least they stand a chance in that game. Final Score: South Side 7-49 Homestead

Wayne at Carroll

The Generals actually did keep it competitive last week, for about two and a half quarters. That wont happen this week. Roll Chargers. Final Score: Wayne 17-54 Carroll

Great to see you on board this week my friend !! Hope we didn't jinx them now?? I agree it should be a classic one way or another. Wouldn't be surprised if one team jumps out to a 14-21 point lead, but then for game to come down to last possession. 

On 10/12/2021 at 9:12 AM, Coach Morales said:

Dwenger over Northrop

Homestead over South Side

Carroll over Wayne

Northside over Concordia

Snider over Luers, this one will be a barnburner...

Good luck to all coaches and players..

Dwenger +14 over Northrop

Homestead +whatever they want over South Side

Carroll +28 over Wayne

Concordia +7 over North Side (alt. GOTW)

Luers +6 or less squeaks by Snider (GOTW)

Edited by Bonecrusher

58 minutes ago, Coach Morales said:

I believe Snider is playing at a different level now...

That may be, but Luers seems to be healthier now than what they have been. It'll take Snider's best performance of the season to pull this off. I'm still taking Luers.....35-31. If it rains, I like Snider 24-21. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yuccaguy said:

If it doesn't rain: What about the length of the grass surface?  

Luers Field always does seem to have some long grass, doesn't it? I played on it a few times, don't particularly remember it standing out as creating performance issues. It was definitely nice to land on though, especially compared to the dirt over by Lane MS that we used to practice on. That ground would be like concrete about now. No bueno.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

If it doesn't rain: What about the length of the grass surface?  

Wouldn't the grass effect both teams? Dwenger ran all over Luers with is small line. Snider should not have any trouble. 

Edited by Mebuck
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, CLKeller16 said:

Luers Field always does seem to have some long grass, doesn't it? I played on it a few times, don't particularly remember it standing out as creating performance issues. It was definitely nice to land on though, especially compared to the dirt over by Lane MS that we used to practice on. That ground would be like concrete about now. No bueno.

5 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

Wouldn't the grass effect both teams? Dwenger ran all over Luers with is small line. Snider should not have any trouble. 

Is Roger Craig playing tomorrow?  If not, better raise those knees higher!  

1 hour ago, CLKeller16 said:

That is going to be the deciding factor tomorrow, imo.

The only deciding factor in tomorrow nights game will be weather or not the knights can keep up. Snider is too big, too powerful and they can matchup with Luers’ skill kids. Luers will score, but this ones all Panthers. 

Snider 42 Luers 21 

Best of Luck to both teams!! 

46 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

The only deciding factor in tomorrow nights game will be weather or not the knights can keep up. Snider is too big, too powerful and they can matchup with Luers’ skill kids. Luers will score, but this ones all Panthers. 

Snider 42 Luers 21 

Best of Luck to both teams!! 

Lol, not buying what you are selling. If Luers can be Carroll and Homestead, they can beat Snider. It'll go to the wire. 

53 minutes ago, BTF said:

Lol, not buying what you are selling. If Luers can be Carroll and Homestead, they can beat Snider. It'll go to the wire. 

Homestead and Carroll were better matchups for Luers. Snider isn’t. Snider has the best front 7 in the SAC which is gonna give Carson Clark problems. Then on defense, the weakness of the Luers defense id the front 7. KJ Tippmann ran for 186 yds on that front, I envision Snider running for much much more. Not to mention Luers is a 2A school. Everyone knows small schools can’t compete and win the SAC 😎😏 

11 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Homestead and Carroll were better matchups for Luers. Snider isn’t. Snider has the best front 7 in the SAC which is gonna give Carson Clark problems. Then on defense, the weakness of the Luers defense id the front 7. KJ Tippmann ran for 186 yds on that front, I envision Snider running for much much more. Not to mention Luers is a 2A school. Everyone knows small schools can’t compete and win the SAC 😎😏 

Nahhh..I still remember the bell ringing for coach k as a player..it can be done..the Achilles heal for the panthers is their pass d which the younger Lyndsay will surely dissect with his gameplan..if it rains n the pigskin gets slippery then maybe...just maybe..sni high can pull this one out..

Also think the bruins will give the saints all they can handle..I'm a cyo guy though and want to stay in the bishop's good graces..

Chargers pull away in the 3rd and the archers just need to remain healthy

8 hours ago, BTF said:

I'll take Luers in a close one. They seem to be on a mission. They already beat Carroll, Homestead, and Dwenger...........Snider's next. 

Blasphemy !!! 

7 hours ago, Coach Morales said:

I believe Snider is playing at a different level now...

You speakem the truth.