Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC week 9 picks before sectionals

1 hour ago, Justasportsfan said:

Nahhh..I still remember the bell ringing for coach k as a player..it can be done..the Achilles heal for the panthers is their pass d which the younger Lyndsay will surely dissect with his gameplan..if it rains n the pigskin gets slippery then maybe...just maybe..sni high can pull this one out..

Also think the bruins will give the saints all they can handle..I'm a cyo guy though and want to stay in the bishop's good graces..

Chargers pull away in the 3rd and the archers just need to remain healthy

Those ‘00 and ‘01 Luers SAC Title teams were definitely not the norm. In ‘00 they shut out Snider @Spuller 14-0. The LAST time any team shut Snider out at Spuller. That ‘01 team I’d say is second only to ‘04 Snider as the best the city has seen the last 25 years.

39 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Those ‘00 and ‘01 Luers SAC Title teams were definitely not the norm. In ‘00 they shut out Snider @Spuller 14-0. The LAST time any team shut Snider out at Spuller. That ‘01 team I’d say is second only to ‘04 Snider as the best the city has seen the last 25 

"15" panthers were pretty good..yes new pal would have scored that (if not more) against 99.5% of Indiana imho..that 01 team was solid..Those knights were battle tested from jimtown days..

14 hours ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Those ‘00 and ‘01 Luers SAC Title teams were definitely not the norm. In ‘00 they shut out Snider @Spuller 14-0. The LAST time any team shut Snider out at Spuller. That ‘01 team I’d say is second only to ‘04 Snider as the best the city has seen the last 25 years.

Those Luers teams were  VERY good. They hadn't beaten Snider at all up until that point, then they did it two years in a row. Those were semi-state quality Snider teams that Luers beat. 

The '04 Snider team was a beast, even after Quale Lewis went down with an ankle injury during week 8 or 9. The outcome against Warren Central would have been different had he played. I'd also give the '97 Snider team consideration. A foot of mud at Spuller that night ended their season that night against a good quality opponent in Penn. 

13 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

"15" panthers were pretty good..yes new pal would have scored that (if not more) against 99.5% of Indiana imho..that 01 team was solid..Those knights were battle tested from jimtown days..

Man those jimtown matches were fun. Talk about some hard hitting buckle up your chinstrap games.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

My brother was on the 2004 Snider team. I was on the 2015 team. His team would have beaten us 8 times out of 10. We could score but that defense he was on was an absolute nightmare. And our defense would have had no way to stop them. We only win those two games becasue I think we could figure out a way to score on them, eventually.

On 10/16/2021 at 12:12 PM, Mebuck said:

What a game. We sat at BD/Northrop and had Luers/Snider game streaming. 

It was a classic old school slug it out contest..both programs showed "grit" while duking it for the bell...those hits..whewww...this could have been a 3 team sac weekend during Thanksgiving yet the world works in mysterious ways..maybe those 6a schools have something left although on film..Warsaw looks mighty good

28 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

It was a classic old school slug it out contest..both programs showed "grit" while duking it for the bell...those hits..whewww...this could have been a 3 team sac weekend during Thanksgiving yet the world works in mysterious ways..maybe those 6a schools have something left although on film..Warsaw looks mighty good

Agreed!!!