Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1-3a turf fields

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30995074/

Artificial turf is an important risk factor for specific knee ligament injuries in NCAA football. Injury rates for PCL tears were significantly increased during competitions played on artificial turf as compared with natural grass. Lower NCAA divisions (II and III) also showed higher rates of ACL injuries during competitions on artificial turf versus natural grass.

1 hour ago, globemstr3 said:

I was really looking to offer another opinion. For a football field however I have to totally agree.

The more and more we go from our turf to grass.. just isn't close. Turf you literally always know what you're getting, and basically don't have to worry about any sort of slick surface. 

Last year in the sectional it poured for a good 2 hours round 1.. we waited it out, started at like 930.... it was as if it didn't rain at all.  I can't of an advantage for grass. I'm also a guy that loved the rain and mud.. loved. I'm glad we've found something better though. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

I can't of an advantage for grass. 

1.  Feet don't feel like they are on fire when you play in the heat. 2. Those dang pellets.

Edit:. I Iike the randomness of grass.

Edited by foxbat
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gridiron_Junkie said:

In the article I read, it was stated that it would not be at Saint Francis because of some about the markings on the field, and there's not enough seating the visitors side.

Yes the hash marks are not complaint with HS.

Perhaps *as a Lutheran...we can reach beyond the Protestant Reformation, and make this happen.  

I KEED, I KEED!!!

Here's why I do HS FB!  A 3rd generation of a family that look forward to being involved with education based athletics.  

I won't be around on the field of play...but I will be as always on the sidelines.

35637.thumb.jpeg.de495a9edf16f15bf4da898567cc8daa.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 5:02 PM, foxbat said:

Nothing wrong with grass ... or at least a well-maintained grass field.  As a player and coach I loved playing on grass although I will admit from an administrator and maintenance standpoint, turf does have benefits of avoiding late-night painting sessions and the AD calling the youth program director and telling them "No games this weekend as we play at home first round of tourney next week and it's raining."

Not to mention the band using the field to prepare for their ISSMA contests.  Having a turf field allows everyone to use the field.  Even in the spring I have seen baseball and softball using our turf.

53 minutes ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Not to mention the band using the field to prepare for their ISSMA contests.  Having a turf field allows everyone to use the field.  Even in the spring I have seen baseball and softball using our turf.

Yeah, my son plays football and baseball at Harrison and they do some early-Spring baseball practice out on the football field to avoid tearing up the baseball field when it gets nice enough to get outside, but still not really dry.  Heard a rumor that turf might be in the future for Harrison's baseball field too.

On 10/22/2021 at 11:26 PM, foxbat said:

Yeah, my son plays football and baseball at Harrison and they do some early-Spring baseball practice out on the football field to avoid tearing up the baseball field when it gets nice enough to get outside, but still not really dry.  Heard a rumor that turf might be in the future for Harrison's baseball field too.

It should at least be on the mound and batters box everywhere

1 minute ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

It should at least be on the mound and batters box everywhere

I did see that in a couple of places where my boys played this past summer ... where the homeplate area had turf although the rest of the field was natural.  Thought it was actually a smart idea the way that kids dig out that area.  The box lines styed fully intact for the whole tournament which was great.