Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 32

[2021] Heritage Hills (Lincoln City, IN) 35, [2021] North Harrison (Ramsey, IN) 6

[2021] Bosse (Evansville, IN) 42, [2021] Corydon Central (Corydon, IN) 12

[2021] Southridge (Huntingburg, IN) 28, [2021] Salem (IN) 21

[2021] Gibson Southern (Fort Branch, IN) 46, [2021] Mt. Vernon (IN) 19

8 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Sectional 32

DB8823D9-AFC8-4013-BA93-599F1E48BABF.jpeg

Those middle two games intrigue me.  I am fairly certain Corydon has never played Bosse, and have not been to Evansville since 2011 when they beat Memorial in the regional.

I have heard Salem is improved this year and I always like intra-conference games with little/no history between the schools. 

2 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Those middle two games intrigue me.  I am fairly certain Corydon has never played Bosse, and have not been to Evansville since 2011 when they beat Memorial in the regional.

I have heard Salem is improved this year and I always like intra-conference games with little/no history between the schools. 

Yeah, I was hoping we would get to play someplace new or at least someone out of conference.

14 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Titans will win it easily 

I hope so…but for it to happen, GS likely has to beat 3 good teams for the second time this year…MTV might not have the history, but Southridge and HH have both flipped the script on GS come playoffs.  

just gotta stay focused 1 week at a time.  Getting out of the sectional is literally 50% of winning it all 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I hope so…but for it to happen, GS likely has to beat 3 good teams for the second time this year…MTV might not have the history, but Southridge and HH have both flipped the script on GS come playoffs.  

just gotta stay focused 1 week at a time.  Getting out of the sectional is literally 50% of winning it all 

It’s 50% in terms of the number of games, yes.  But that’s really about it.

Since all teams make the sectional field, the load to bear in the early games tends to be pretty light for the good teams (depending, of course, on the draw….since it’s a blind draw).

GS really should have no difficulty winning Sectional 32.  Personally, I think they have a really good shot at going all the way.  And I noticed that JH has them as one of the small handful of teams with a >40% chance to do just that. CG, Cathedral, and Indy Lutheran are the others.

1 hour ago, MHSTigerFan said:

It’s 50% in terms of the number of games, yes.  But that’s really about it.

Since all teams make the sectional field, the load to bear in the early games tends to be pretty light for the good teams (depending, of course, on the draw….since it’s a blind draw).

GS really should have no difficulty winning Sectional 32.  Personally, I think they have a really good shot at going all the way.  And I noticed that JH has them as one of the small handful of teams with a >40% chance to do just that. CG, Cathedral, and Indy Lutheran are the others.

Typically, if you are in sectional 28, winning sectional is more than 50% of the work......With Brebuef and West Lafeyette playing in the first game, that could very well be the state champion.   I am hoping that a team from the south has a very different plan.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

Typically, if you are in sectional 28, winning sectional is more than 50% of the work......With Brebuef and West Lafeyette playing in the first game, that could very well be the state champion.   I am hoping that a team from the south has a very different plan.

I don’t disagree.  But that particular sectional is the exception and not the rule.

Sectional 32 usually has a couple good teams in it.  But it hasn’t produced too many state championships.

2 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I don’t disagree.  But that particular sectional is the exception and not the rule.

Sectional 32 usually has a couple good teams in it.  But it hasn’t produced too many state championships.

Usually produces the best team from the South, or the second best team that gut lucky and beat the best team...LOL...I kid I kid.

Edited by Titan32
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I think 32 has represented pretty well the last few years. The winner won the next week in all but 3 years during this stretch.  

2020 – Southridge (lost at semi-state)

2019 – Heritage Hills (lost at state)

2018 - Memorial (lost at state)

2017 – Memorial (won state)

2016 – Memorial (lost at regional)

2015 – Gibson Southern (lost at semi-state to state champ)

2014 – Heritage Hills (lost at semi-state to state champ)

2013 – Gibson Southern (lost at semi-state to state champ)

2012 – Gibson Southern (lost at semi-state to state champ)

2011 – Memorial (lost at regional)

2010 – Bosse (lost at regional)

2009 – Memorial (lost at state)

2008 – Memorial (lost at state)

• Like 4

That 2012-2015 stretch…man was that a gut checker for the GS fans.  

I still remember that HH game in 2014 too.  

run the spread all year and no bone.  People complaining about not sticking to traditions

then pulled out the bone after leading 14-13 at the half and milked the clock dry…like of course you still had the bone playbook installed, how could you guys not 

HH/GS have some great games the last 10 years in sectional 32 

Edit: I believe 2014 is when that Crews kid was playing for HH….man was he special. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Edit: I believe 2014 is when that Crews kid was playing for HH….man was he special. 

Yes, Crews was a junior that year and he was special.  GS had a stud DB/receiver too?  I believe I recall comparisons to the two that year.  That HH 2014 season was special.  Went 12-2 after an injury bug plagued 2-8 in 2013.  HH lost 14-6 to Tri-West that year in SS.  Tri-West then beat Andrean at state pretty handily.  Peyton Hendershot was on that Tri-West team with his brother Jake.  Tri-West also had a stud Mac Dutra at DL.  

Edited by HereComesTheBoom

1 hour ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Yes, Crews was a junior that year and he was special.  GS had a stud DB/receiver too?  I believe I recall comparisons to the two that year.  That HH 2014 season was special.  Went 12-2 after an injury bug plagued 2-8 in 2013.  HH lost 14-6 to Tri-West that year in SS.  Tri-West then beat Andrean at state pretty handily.  Peyton Hendershot was on that Tri-West team with his brother Jake.  Tri-West also had a stud Mac Dutra at DL.  

Whose brother just "happened" to end up playing for the Danville squad of 2020...along with a QB transfer from Avon ....

Don't see a whole lot of that around these ......oh wait. 

Maybe that's just what it takes to compete with the Indy sprawl metro teams. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jets said:

Whose brother just "happened" to end up playing for the Danville squad of 2020...along with a QB transfer from Avon ....

Don't see a whole lot of that around these ......oh wait. 

Maybe that's just what it takes to compete with the Indy sprawl metro teams. 

Don't forget yearly in the SIAC...but no one likes to talk about those.  Thanks for the free rent by the way.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Yeah we had Scheller….between the 2…offense/defense/special teams….it didn’t matter, could just flat out play 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Yeah we had Scheller….between the 2…offense/defense/special teams….it didn’t matter, could just flat out play 

Apparently, I've hit my limit of reactions for the day so I couldn't like your post ... but yes both fun to watch.

Edited by HereComesTheBoom

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Don't forget yearly in the SIAC...but no one likes to talk about those.  Thanks for the free rent by the way.

IF they pay to go to the school (i.e.) a private/parochial, that comes across a little differently to me. 

But you're right, I don't know of all the moving/shaking from year/year in the SIAC

What would a score be if the other 7 teams formed 1 team (with adequate practice and such) and played Gibson Southern?  Just curious about the talent gap between GS and everyone else.  

Gibson Southern         42

Sectional32                 14

thoughts?

Edited by CheapSeats
score

12 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

What would a score be if the other 7 teams formed 1 team (with adequate practice and such) and played Gibson Southern?  Just curious about the talent gap between GS and everyone else.  

thoughts?

To be completely fair….when you have a top 15 QB in the country and a D1 WR like Rory…..it’s going to be pretty hard to stop them from scoring a lot….and having a QB like Brady can make up for a lot…Could be outmatched 15 of the 22 positions…but if you got the QB right you can win any game 

not sure where to go with this question but I think you’ll find that GS will have the most kids on the All PAC team lol…which is going to be made up mostly of sectional 32 players anyways 

regarding tonight….Ballard is a highly looked at DB on boonville…he’s young but the kid is stupid fast and regarded as one of the best DBs in Indiana for his class.  That will be fun matchup to see between him and brady/rory….but boonville is 4A and not sectional 32 

15 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

thoughts?

Its comments like this that make me want nothing more than GS to choke and get knocked out the playoffs just like every other year. What a selfish question on your part. For once, the stars align and the talent in the PAC/Sectional 32 isn't what it was every year for the past 10+ years (with the exception of GS) and now you think your team is God's greatest gift to football.  You might want to consider some bigger doors in your house to fit that inflated ego...

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Its comments like this that make me want nothing more than GS to choke and get knocked out the playoffs just like every other year. What a selfish question on your part. For once, the stars align and the talent in the PAC/Sectional 32 isn't what it was every year for the past 10+ years (with the exception of GS) and now you think your team is God's greatest gift to football.  You might want to consider some bigger doors in your house to fit that inflated ego...

He isn't a GS fan LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2