Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 32

8 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Agree...ie we beat Conference Indiana champ Columbus North 43-10  who Beat Bloomington South 34-10.  One would think Castle should win that game.

One would think. Sometimes it don’t work out that way though. But they seem equal. I see a good game. 

13 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

That was a really good sectional game. Score was something like 38-33?  High scoring game.  

we were starting so many Sophomores that year and to see what they could do so early was impressive.

2012 seniors unlocked the potential for the program…2013 sophomores (class of 2015) really set the standard and gave GS the ability to reload instead of rebuild 

We scrimmaged GS my senior season (2012) and even from the other sideline you could tell there was a different aura about the program. Your guys' run to semi-state that year made me a quick believer.

9 hours ago, southend said:

One would think. Sometimes it don’t work out that way though. But they seem equal. I see a good game. 

That was a bit tongue and cheek from me.  All conferences have up and down years, generally the SIAC seems to have been down a little this season.  I agree with you...seems like a coin toss.

Calpreps:

neutral field
[2021] Castle (Newburgh, IN) 21, [2021] Bloomington South (Bloomington, IN) 20

4 hours ago, Titan32 said:

That was a bit tongue and cheek from me.  All conferences have up and down years, generally the SIAC seems to have been down a little this season.  I agree with you...seems like a coin toss.

Calpreps:

neutral field
[2021] Castle (Newburgh, IN) 21, [2021] Bloomington South (Bloomington, IN) 20

Castle is only a 4 point favorite on JH’s website

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Castle is only a 4 point favorite on JH’s website

Didn't realize this was not finished, but I would like to add that weather will be an extremely important factor for Castle at home. Which could cause BHSS to have some problems, like Memorial a couple weeks ago. Anyways, back to S32: 

My picks: 
Heritages Hills 
Gibson Southern 

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

My picks: 
Heritages Hills 
Gibson Southern 

Hopefully both teams can win tomorrow.  This is the matchup many of us want to see…2 great teams…2 rivals…2 strong fan bases……1 sectional championship.  

feel pretty confident both teams take care of business and we get a fun one next week. 

11 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Hopefully both teams can win tomorrow.  This is the matchup many of us want to see…2 great teams…2 rivals…2 strong fan bases……1 sectional championship.  

feel pretty confident both teams take care of business and we get a fun one next week. 

Heritage Hills has been looking good so far these last few weeks, although the Southridge game was too close to comfort.

Gibson Southern, well, it’s Gibson Southern, don’t know anything about Salem, but GS is too strong and they roll

12 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Heritage Hills has been looking good so far these last few weeks, although the Southridge game was too close to comfort.

Gibson Southern, well, it’s Gibson Southern, don’t know anything about Salem, but GS is too strong and they roll

GS by 28, only because it is sectional, if it wasn't.....GS by a million.

1 minute ago, TigerFan20 said:

Who will host the sectional championship in S32? 

Winner of Salem/GS 

no matter what one of those teams is the host 

edit: barring of course some strange event or a weird desire for either to give HH/Bosse a home game

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

11 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

edit: barring of course some strange event or a weird desire for either to give HH/Bosse a home game

Not that it will happen this year but wonder if this has ever been done to help a team’s chances of hosting later in the tournament?  I’m assuming it has at some point in the history but I don’t recall.  

16 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Winner of Salem/GS 

no matter what one of those teams is the host 

Going to be a packed house in Jewell Stadium if it’s HH/GS

4 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Not that it will happen this year but wonder if this has ever been done to help a team’s chances of hosting later in the tournament?  I’m assuming it has at some point in the history but I don’t recall.  

Maybe a Venue change where they can’t host it, like sharing a stadium maybe

Edited by TigerFan20

13 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

I swear that during my senior year in 2012 or the year after GS swapped with Princeton on the location for sectionals because the regular season match was at one…but I know I’ve mentioned this before and was told it’s some mandela effect lol 

I just know I’ve brought up this topic in the past and nobody can recall a single instance of it happening 

30 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

I cannot imagine the IHSAA would allow a switch to help a team host a later game. If so, Memorial should have agreed to play Central at Central this week, which would give us home field for the championship (if we win of course)....  

12 minutes ago, tango said:

I cannot imagine the IHSAA would allow a switch to help a team host a later game. If so, Memorial should have agreed to play Central at Central this week, which would give us home field for the championship (if we win of course)....  

Surely over the course of history a sprinkler somehow mysteriously broke overnight somewhere flooding a field.  😎

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ShakeDownTheThunder said:

Isn’t in 32, but doesn’t BHSS have the McCullough kid? Shocked they aren’t favored.

ShakeDown! Long time no see, yes BHSS has the McCullough Brothers, but it sounds like BHSS has been struggling recently too. And with the weather looking iffy and Castle being at Home, which should favor them. Lots of factors involved in this game, but I do think BHSS will be competitive in this game too, as they have athletes. Should be an intriguing one for sure.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

ShakeDown! Long time no see, yes BHSS has the McCullough Brothers, but it sounds like BHSS has been struggling recently too. And with the weather looking iffy and Castle being at Home, which should favor them. Lots of factors involved in this game, but I do think BHSS will be competitive in this game too, as they have athletes. Should be an intriguing one for sure.

We shall see, I’m really intrigued by south’s coach. How can a guy do so little with so much. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Titan32 said:

5C66554F-2A88-4F07-A35B-1F2ECCAAAB75.thumb.jpeg.c48448c3e7e4a8a5cb3fb27eabc00666.jpeg

Do school records count when wearing someone else's pants during the accomplishment, or does one have to share the yardage between the two players? 🤔

Bonus inquiry:  How do quarters get factored into pants sharing scenarios?  Do the pants only get two JV quarters the next week, or can they go the full four quarters? I'd think if they were washed you could get the full four, but I couldn't find anything in the rules manual.  I'll hang up and listen for your answer...

• Haha 2