Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 32

40 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

This will be the 15th time these two teams have played in Coach Hart's 10 seasons at Gibson Southern.  Gibson Southern is 9-5 vs Heritage Hills during his tenure.

09-21-2012 Gibson Southern 14 - 10 Heritage Hills 

09-27-2013 Gibson Southern 50 - 26 Heritage Hills 

09-26-2014 Gibson Southern 33 - 38 Heritage Hills

11-07-2014 Gibson Southern 13 - 14 Heritage Hills

09-25-2015 Gibson Southern 42 - 13 Heritage Hills

09-23-2016 Gibson Southern 38 - 10 Heritage Hills

09-22-2017 Gibson Southern 48 - 7 Heritage Hills

09-21-2018 Gibson Southern 7 - 31 Heritage Hills

10-26-2018 Gibson Southern 24 - 14 Heritage Hills

09-27-2019 Gibson Southern 14 - 49 Heritage Hills

11-01-2019 Gibson Southern 20 - 21 Heritage Hills

09-25-2020 Gibson Southern 38 - 0 Heritage Hills

10-23-2020 Gibson Southern 21 - 10 Heritage Hills

09-24-2021 Gibson Southern 42 - 3 Heritage Hills

Hopefully we (GS) get another W Friday night.  Good luck to both teams, should be a great game.  

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Coach Wilk isn't providing much bulletin board material is he.  Much respect from both sides.  Looking forward to what is always a great Sectional Championship environment at The Jewel on Friday night!  GO PATRIOTS!

Edited by HereComesTheBoom
  • Like 1

While I understand the rivalry and trying to drum up some excitement - Gibson Southern running clocked all sectional opponents during the regular season, and have running clocked their first 2 sectional opponents.

I don't see much changing during Championship week. I think HH might be able to stay away from the 35+ margin, as the Titans may be dealing with some injury issues...but I also don't see it being that competitive of a ballgame. 

Hard to believe having a D1 arm in that offense, that this would be Mr. Allen's first sectional championship. No knock on the young man - hopefully that's more a testament of the football down this way. 

Best of luck to both teams....

1 hour ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Coach Wilk isn't providing much bulletin board material is he.  Much respect from both sides.  Looking forward to what is always a great Sectional Championship environment at The Jewel on Friday night!  GO PATRIOTS!

Both these coaches know that pretty much any HH-GS regular season result means nothing when it comes to a rematch in the playoffs.  I expect the score will not even vaguely resemble the 9/24 matchup.  The Pats are the dogs, they have gained a ton of experience since September, and I'm sure they will come out of the gate with the pedal to the metal.  GS better be ready because the Patriots will not be going down in a sectional championship without a monster of a fight.  And fans better get there early, because I imagine this is going to be a SRO event!  GO TITANS!

1 hour ago, jets said:

While I understand the rivalry and trying to drum up some excitement - Gibson Southern running clocked all sectional opponents during the regular season, and have running clocked their first 2 sectional opponents.

I don't see much changing during Championship week. I think HH might be able to stay away from the 35+ margin, as the Titans may be dealing with some injury issues...but I also don't see it being that competitive of a ballgame. 

Hard to believe having a D1 arm in that offense, that this would be Mr. Allen's first sectional championship. No knock on the young man - hopefully that's more a testament of the football down this way. 

Best of luck to both teams....

this is why 

09-21-2018 Gibson Southern 7 - 31 Heritage Hills

10-26-2018 Gibson Southern 24 - 14 Heritage Hills

24 point win turned to a 10 point loss

09-27-2019 Gibson Southern 14 - 49 Heritage Hills

11-01-2019 Gibson Southern 20 - 21 Heritage Hills

35 point win turned to a 1 point win…and only because of a blocked FG as time expired otherwise 2 point loss

09-25-2020 Gibson Southern 38 - 0 Heritage Hills

10-23-2020 Gibson Southern 21 - 10 Heritage Hills

38 point win turns to an 11 point win 

09-24-2021 Gibson Southern 42 - 3 Heritage Hills

4 straight years of 2 matchups a year…and so far 3 straight years as reason to not overlook anyone in the slightest.

Credit to @Titan32 for posting all the scores making it an easy copy paste lol

In 2014 (which my friend forgot to include) and in 2019 we all knew HH and GS had comparable team strength.  Perhaps that is the case this year as well, we will let the football Gods decide.  HH seems to be on a 5 year cadence though.  My guess is they will be really really tough in 2024.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Titan32 said:

In 2014 (which my friend forgot to include) and in 2019 we all knew HH and GS had comparable team strength.  Perhaps that is the case this year as well, we will let the football Gods decide.  HH seems to be on a 5 year cadence though.  My guess is they will be really really tough in 2024.

I don't know if your guess is accurate as all of the younger class run together for me, but I'll take a Semi-State/State level team every 5 years and maybe a couple of overachieving teams in between!  Sure, it would be great to compete every year for a state title but let's be realistic about it.  I am hearing of a couple of last names on the rise that are Patriot legends of the past... Winchell, Goldsberry, and others.  We'll see how the kids all stick together and develop but it should be fun to watch.  GO PATRIOTS!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

I don't know if your guess is accurate as all of the younger class run together for me, but I'll take a Semi-State/State level team every 5 years and maybe a couple of overachieving teams in between!  Sure, it would be great to compete every year for a state title but let's be realistic about it.  I am hearing of a couple of last names on the rise that are Patriot legends of the past... Winchell, Goldsberry, and others.  We'll see how the kids all stick together and develop but it should be fun to watch.  GO PATRIOTS!

Hopefully we can kill the ghost of a couple coin toss games we have come out on the short end off this season.

I read that HH was missing their kicker and was like oh wow that’s a tough blow, they have a great kicker.

then I seen that he has a twin brother who is the backup 😂 

regardless of the outcome tonight..hoping for a clean game and both teams to come away with no new injuries.  

1 minute ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I read that HH was missing their kicker and was like oh wow that’s a tough blow, they have a great kicker.

regardless of the outcome tonight..hoping for a clean game and both teams to come away with no new injuries.  

Couldn’t of said it better 

17 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Ethan blew out his knee in soccer semi-state.  His twin brother Austin is a lefty kicker and has done a great job since Ethan's injury.  We've been blessed with great soccer kickers over the years.

Edited by HereComesTheBoom

18 hours ago, Titan32 said:

With a Goldsberry and Winchell likely back on the roster!

That being said, no doubt that Heritage Hills has a tall task ahead of them tonight playing the best team in the state with probably the best QB and top receivers.

I just hope HH can keep it close, take it one play at a time, and be as opportunistic as possible with one of the potentially greatest 3A teams to come out of southern Indiana.

Best of luck and Patriot Pride!

40 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Ethan blew out his knee in soccer semi-state.  His twin brother Austin is a lefty kicker and has done a great job since Ethan's injury.  We've been blessed with great soccer kickers over the years.

Twin brothers who are kickers one is a lefty and the other is a righty?

that’s honestly just a pretty cool combo.

Hate to hear that about Ethan…and yes you guys almost always have a great kicker…hope the Special Teams coach is on the payroll lol even if it isn’t much at all like most HS coaches, that coach is doing something right 

5 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

With a Goldsberry and Winchell likely back on the roster!

That being said, no doubt that Heritage Hills has a tall task ahead of them tonight playing the best team in the state with probably the best QB and top receivers.

I just hope HH can keep it close, take it one play at a time, and be as opportunistic as possible with one of the potentially greatest 3A teams to come out of southern Indiana.

Best of luck and Patriot Pride!

I believe (could be wrong with the names here) our 8th grade beat the team with a Goldsberry and our 7th beat the team win a Winchell at HH this season....probably just got lucky.

• Like 1

HALFTIME | Gibson Southern 42, Heritage Hills 0

Running clock the rest of the way in the Class 3A sectional championship.

* Brady Allen - 14-18, 282 yds, 4 TD + 6 car for 47 yds
* Brayden Malone - 3 rec, 142 yds, 3 TD
* Rory Heltsley - 8 rec, 107 yds, TD
* Allowed just 47 yards

I didn’t think this game would finish like this but wow…it wasnt but 2 years ago teams were running for 350/400 yards against the GS defense…..and tonight they came out and held HH to -16 yards rushing in the 1st half and came up with a turnover for a score….adapted well to HH passing the ball a fair amount 

just so impressive.

and we finally got out of 32 for the first time since 2015! Half way there

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

15 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I believe (could be wrong with the names here) our 8th grade beat the team with a Goldsberry and our 7th beat the team win a Winchell at HH this season....probably just got lucky.

I don't want to put any pressure on 12 & 13 year olds, but their pedigrees are outstanding to say the least -- better than a washed up former player whose biggest claim to fame is losing to Chatard three consecutive years in the semistate, so now has to write about the achievements of others, ala journalism -- coupled with a solid freshman class. Middle school FB at HH has never really been about winning games. It's about learning a system, not having drama in the program, and keeping numbers up so they hopefully stay as freshmen.

BTW, we want our Wahls back!!! In all honesty, best of luck to the Titans. We hope it's your year and you bring some hardware back to the PAC. Wish I could be in Indy during Thanksgiving Weekend!

This year's seniors at HH played their hearts out, represented Patriot Football well, and proved that if you trust in the system, you'll be able to hold your heads high with a 9-3 record. Now it's time for the underclassmen to rest for a few weeks, then put in the work for next year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

I don't want to put any pressure on 12 & 13 year olds, but their pedigrees are outstanding to say the least -- better than a washed up former player whose biggest claim to fame is losing to Chatard three consecutive years in the semistate, so now has to write about the achievements of others, ala journalism -- coupled with a solid freshman class. Middle school FB at HH has never really been about winning games. It's about learning a system, not having drama in the program, and keeping numbers up so they hopefully stay as freshmen.

BTW, we want our Wahls back!!! In all honesty, best of luck to the Titans. We hope it's your year and you bring some hardware back to the PAC. Wish I could be in Indy during Thanksgiving Weekend!

This year's seniors at HH played their hearts out, represented Patriot Football well, and proved that if you trust in the system, you'll be able to hold your heads high with a 9-3 record. Now it's time for the underclassmen to rest for a few weeks, then put in the work for next year.

HH never quit.  They never gave up.  The fans support never quit on them either. What a testimony to their fans, coaching and program.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1