Jump to content
The Gridiron Digest

Sectional 32


Recommended Posts

Also if I’m not mistaken, Rory Heltsley has just become the Gibson Southern single season receiving record holder. 
 

again I’m not certain on this but I believe #1 was scheller with 960 in 2013 and #2 was Brady’s older brother in 2015 with 870ish. 
 

rory has now gone over 1000 yards on the year.  Phenomenal season for a phenomenal kid

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Also if I’m not mistaken, Rory Heltsley has just become the Gibson Southern single season receiving record holder. 
 

again I’m not certain on this but I believe #1 was scheller with 960 in 2013 and #2 was Brady’s older brother in 2015 with 870ish. 
 

rory has now gone over 1000 yards on the year.  Phenomenal season for a phenomenal kid

2018 Witte

2013 Scheller

2019 DeLong

 

EA89EA2C-064B-4F19-B921-81AA912A122A.jpeg

Edited by Titan32
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, tango said:

@Titan32 I'd be interested to see the career totals. Scheller has to be at the top, right?

He might be but Scheller was more than a receiver for us.  He was used as a RB/WR and was a phenomenal DB….2015 alone he had 8 ints.  One of those things where he was so great at a lot of things that the stats don’t reflect just how great he was 

2 hours ago, sr1 said:

We are still $770.00 away from being able to pay all the forums bills this year. A $30.00 donation to the Gridiron Digest allows you to enjoy the board without the adds. 

Wait until monday…I caved and I’m waiting for PayPal lol.  You can mark it down to $720 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great game GS fans.  MTV's program is defiantly headed in the right direction and will be stiff competition for the next few years. 

Was expecting if we won to be playing Southridge the 29th but that's High School Football.  Looking forward to the game next Friday at The Jewel against Salem.  Do we know anything about them?  Look forward to our conversations this week.       

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GS Titan 78 said:

Great game GS fans.  MTV's program is defiantly headed in the right direction and will be stiff competition for the next few years. 

Was expecting if we won to be playing Southridge the 29th but that's High School Football.  Looking forward to the game next Friday at The Jewel against Salem.  Do we know anything about them?  Look forward to our conversations this week.       

MTV?  Anyway sure going to miss their staff cursing at kids.  It was a joy to watch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GS Titan 78 said:

Well I had forgotten about that happening.  They didn’t do that again last night did they?  

Let’s just say you don’t see the stuff they do with other programs in the conference.  They behave like children with no impulse control.  It’s a sign of weakness.

  • Disdain 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Oh wow. Well that takes it from something funny to something… extra. 
 

I guess they were just following Reb08’s lead? 😀

There’s no place for that.  I’m sure that won’t be tolerated by the administration if it’s continued.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What kind of offense does salem run again? 
 

Southridge would have been a fun matchup in terms of fan engagement and the rivalry aspect to it, but I’m kinda glad we don’t have to play them twice since they know us pretty well at this point.

 

always interesting facing a new scheme though and seeing how things shake out.  GS has faced many different offenses this year so maybe we have seen something similar to Salem or maybe they have a new twist for the defense 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

What kind of offense does salem run again? 
 

Southridge would have been a fun matchup in terms of fan engagement and the rivalry aspect to it, but I’m kinda glad we don’t have to play them twice since they know us pretty well at this point.

 

always interesting facing a new scheme though and seeing how things shake out.  GS has faced many different offenses this year so maybe we have seen something similar to Salem or maybe they have a new twist for the defense 

I would call it Power I spread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/23/2021 at 5:20 PM, Titan32 said:

MTV?  Anyway sure going to miss their staff cursing at kids.  It was a joy to watch. 

Sounds like Gibson Southern had their way with Mt Vernon. Allen with almost 400 yds passing too.   How does one watch another coaching staff cuss out the other teams players? Where were the officials during all this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

Sounds like Gibson Southern had their way with Mt Vernon. Allen with almost 400 yds passing too.   How does one watch another coaching staff cuss out the other teams players? Where were the officials during all this? 

Who knows…I’m not sure it matters at this point. I only listened to the radio call but it seemed like the refs were just letting the boys play ball and not trying to interfere too much.  
 

got a new opponent this week and that’s all that really matters…it’s another 12 months before GS and MTV play on the football field. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...