Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Head Coaching Openings for the 2022 Season

James Broyles has resigned as HC at KV

Broyles came in with fanfare and hoopla 4 years ago as a former NFL player who was going to finally get the KV program out of the pit of mediocrity.  It didn't happen.  Broyles went 15-25 in 4 seasons and never came close to competing with the Big 3 in the Northwest Crossroads. (Hobart/Lowell/Andrean)

KV has cycled thru more coaches in the past decade than just about any school in the state.

Its administration is renowned for dysfunction and infighting, and viewed with great skepticism from those on the outside 

KV is a 4A school that treats football like a middling 2A program.  

The biggest event in KV football is their Cracker Barrel game against 2A Rensselaer.

Hanover Central is joining The NCC and they will kick KV around as soon as they start conference play.  

Maybe KV should petition to join the HNAC so they can play a 1A / 2A schedule.  Nobody in that conference will be intimidated by this 4A school.

Look for KV to find an obscure hire who will nbe the next care taker for this program, until it opens again in 3 or 4 seasons.

Good luck Kougars, with a K  😀

On 12/22/2021 at 9:35 AM, HHF said:

Broyles came in with fanfare and hoopla 4 years ago as a former NFL player who was going to finally get the KV program out of the pit of mediocrity.  It didn't happen.  Broyles went 15-25 in 4 seasons and never came close to competing with the Big 3 in the Northwest Crossroads. (Hobart/Lowell/Andrean)

KV has cycled thru more coaches in the past decade than just about any school in the state.

Its administration is renowned for dysfunction and infighting, and viewed with great skepticism from those on the outside 

The biggest event in KV football is their Cracker Barrel game against 2A Rensselaer.

Hanover Central is joining The NCC and they will kick KV around as soon as they start conference play.  

Maybe KV should petition to join the HNAC so they can play a 1A / 2A schedule.  Nobody in that conference will be intimidated by this 4A school.

Look for KV to find an obscure hire who will nbe the next care taker for this program, until it opens again in 3 or 4 seasons.

This does not surprise me.  Saw 1st hand when we played them a lot of work needs to be done and seems not much size either.  The right fit would turn it around

St Joe Job Deadline is Jan 5, 2022

On 12/22/2021 at 8:35 AM, HHF said:

https://www.nwitimes.com/sports/high-school/football/james-broyles-resigns-as-kankakee-valley-coach/article_7a418e9b-0593-515b-857b-128cd6942c12.html

40 minutes ago, Mod22 said:

Per WHME 46 FB page, 

BREAKING: Plymouth head football coach John Barron has resigned after 19 years at the helm. He went 126-70 in his tenure, winning a sectional in 2015 and six NLC titles

Saw this coming!  Wonder if he is seeking an opening or just going  stay off the sidelines for a bit??

On 1/7/2022 at 4:29 PM, Mod22 said:

Per WHME 46 FB page, 

BREAKING: Plymouth head football coach John Barron has resigned after 19 years at the helm. He went 126-70 in his tenure, winning a sectional in 2015 and six NLC titles

I've been gone for a while... some family situations going on, numerous including Covid with Mom.

I will reach out to Coach Barron and communicate with him personally.  No matter what those on the GID think...we as officials DO have an absolutely outstanding amount of respect for the Coaches who teach, lead and develop the youngsters who are involved with HS Football.

Video can show them yelling, screaming and berating us from time to time...  but that's something that every official needs to look beyond.  

"Competitive Incompetence" happens.  Hopefully, those involved, take a breath, and understand why things were adjudicated why they were. 

Back to the topic at hand!  Thank you Coach Barron!  A friend, a mentor and a wonderful supportive partner in Indiana High School Football!

• Like 2

Coach Mike Eshbach has stepped down from the Concordia HC position after one season at the helm of the Cadets.  

While I have an absolutely outstanding potential HC in mind for this position, it would be outside of my purview to suggest that a member of the "1st family of FW Football" become the obvious choice, should they wish to pursue this endeavor.....  

https://www.wane.com/high-school-sports/concordia-head-football-coach-steps-down-after-one-season/

2 hours ago, Football Guru 25 said:

We are on the doorstep of February and not many of these vacancies have been filled yet???

It is usually in mid February when staffing decisions are made in school buildings, so some will hold off until they know what openings they have. 

• Like 1

Pike Opening via Coach Echevveria twitter post. @fbcoachech is twitter name and post was shared by Pike HS account. 

"After conversations w/ my family, I have decided to step down as the Head Football Coach at Pike High School. I want to thank the administration, teachers, and coaching staff for their support. Players, thanks so much for your dedication and hard work. Keep grinding and raise the bar."

2 hours ago, RetiredCoach91 said:

Pike Opening via Coach Echevveria twitter post. @fbcoachech is twitter name and post was shared by Pike HS account. 

"After conversations w/ my family, I have decided to step down as the Head Football Coach at Pike High School. I want to thank the administration, teachers, and coaching staff for their support. Players, thanks so much for your dedication and hard work. Keep grinding and raise the bar."