Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A Tournament Discussion

2 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

I agree with the "one week at a time" approach. It would be easy to look ahead to a likely regional matchup at South Adams. If that happens, I still think AC advances but they need to continue getting better each week and that won't happen if they don't focus on this week's opponent.

Side note - the 2017 loss to Southwood wasn't an upset. SW had the better roster by far. Blair, Trexler and Lloyd were studs. I do agree that 2020 against SW was a letdown. Those teams were more evenly matched than in 17.

Yeah probably right on 17, but going in with Schultz & Macklin I thought the outcome would be different. Should have also said 2019 greatly over achieved by upsetting SA at regional too.

I don't see AC having a lot of issues advancing unless they turn the ball over. The 2 games they struggled the most in this year (Eastside & Busco) they had some untimely turnovers that took scores off the board. They're built for this tournament run. SA will be tough after getting 7 back, and that rivalry is real. It'll be interesting watching that game next week if that field is still a bowl of quicksand. AC looks good though.

According to John Harrell, below is how the Sectional Championships will shake out. Any thoughts?

North Judson over Culver 28-17

Carroll (Flora) over Clinton Prairie 24-21

South Adams over Union City 38-17

Adams Central over Triton 42-10

Parke Heritage over Riverton Parke 42-21

Indy Lutheran over Covenant Christian 42-21

North Decatur over Tri 31-28

Spring Valley over North Central (Farmersburg) 35-17

I think we'll see NJ vs. Carroll and SA vs. AC in the North, but I don't think AC wins by a 32-point margin. Triton has played a much tougher schedule and their young team is playing really well. 

Edited by FlyingHigh

2 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

I don't think AC wins by a 32-point margin. Triton has played a much tougher schedule and their young team is playing really well. 

I mean, if they are up 35 at halfime and play the JV in the 3rd quarter it may be less than a 32 point game at the end. AC wins big 40+

Edited by 260AC

4 hours ago, 260AC said:

I mean, if they are up 35 at halfime and play the JV in the 3rd quarter it may be less than a 32 point game at the end. AC wins big 40+

They better tackle Triton's QB & RB better than what they did against Busco. Those 2 are physical runners watching highlights. Hoping the AC lines are better than Triton's or it could be interesting. 

9 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

According to John Harrell, below is how the Sectional Championships will shake out. Any thoughts?

Indy Lutheran over Covenant Christian 42-21

What a difference a year makes!

1 hour ago, kdets89 said:

The spread wasn't much different before last year's game.  We all know how that turned out.

True, but last year CC hadn't also lost to Park Tudor. 

After last season, the spin on GID was that CC was the new dominant power of Ben Davis trolling around in a 1A costume and pilfering the all of the Catholic schools for P/P talent for years to come.

39 minutes ago, foxbat said:

True, but last year CC hadn't also lost to Park Tudor. 

After last season, the spin on GID was that CC was the new dominant power of Ben Davis trolling around in a 1A costume and pilfering the all of the Catholic schools for P/P talent for years to come.

Wasn’t the senior transfer RB for CC last year that rushed for 300 plus In the state game also the MVP of the North-South game?   Crazy how that happens.

12 hours ago, Basementbias said:

They better tackle Triton's QB & RB better than what they did against Busco. Those 2 are physical runners watching highlights. Hoping the AC lines are better than Triton's or it could be interesting. 

AC and Lutheran are on a crash course for Lucas Oil Stadium. 

1 hour ago, RetiredCoach91 said:

From what I see, the consensus of AC and Lutheran heading to Lucas Oil is spot on. Dont think either team has opponents on their side of the bracket that can beat them. It is theirs to lose. 

Hope so! Love the avatar! Go 49ers!

On 11/4/2021 at 6:48 PM, Basementbias said:

Are you done being negative?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, 260AC said:

Are you done being negative?

They are playing well no doubt tonight. Negative a bit but more cautious. I want them to get to Indy like everyone else. Already thinking how they need to keep Wanner off balance and watch for the screens. Not thrilled about playing on the crap field in Berne.

Weird that the NW regional isn't LCC vs Pioneer but North Judson vs Carroll (Flora). NJ favored I assume? Watching both, Carroll's run game could give NJ some problems. 

51 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

Weird that the NW regional isn't LCC vs Pioneer but North Judson vs Carroll (Flora). NJ favored I assume? Watching both, Carroll's run game could give NJ some problems. 

North Judson won't have a problem with Carroll. 

The Winamac/NJ game was the sectional championship and regional championship. 

On 11/4/2021 at 6:48 PM, Basementbias said:

the must’ve tackled well huh?  😂😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

the must’ve tackled well huh?  😂😂

They did struggle with the big FB, but yes they tackled much better. Once again, fall break needs to be a week or two sooner. Believe that took place of the Busco game. This week you can't help think about the 2019 AC vs SA regional game. No way that field is going to be in good condition. It wasn't yesterday in Berne. AC should win, but after AC upset a heavy favorite SA 2019 you need to be cognizant. 

8 hours ago, WalterSobchak said:

Watching both games last night/this morning, I think Carroll could run the ball on NJ. Culver was running quite well on them, but their defense couldn't stop NJ and NJ won the special teams. Clinton Prairie was having success running on Carroll and stopped. They were trying with no success to get their passing game going. Carroll secondary looked good against CP. Carroll definitely has offensive tendencies that are easy to spot. Keep #9 from getting past the edge and the QB rolls out right 95% of the time.

6 hours ago, Basementbias said:

They did struggle with the big FB, but yes they tackled much better. Once again, fall break needs to be a week or two sooner. Believe that took place of the Busco game. This week you can't help think about the 2019 AC vs SA regional game. No way that field is going to be in good condition. It wasn't yesterday in Berne. AC should win, but after AC upset a heavy favorite SA 2019 you need to be cognizant. 

I heard SA has been Practicing on that game field all week. Keeping it nice and “broke in”.  30% chance of rain Friday.  

4 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

I heard SA has been Practicing on that game field all week. Keeping it nice and “broke in”.  30% chance of rain Friday.  

I have a hard time believing they’d risk any more injuries to their players than they’ve already had by being on that field all week. 

25 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

I have a hard time believing they’d risk any more injuries to their players than they’ve already had by being on that field all week. 

Know South Adams won't do it, but the game would be better off at Bluffton. Regional and Semi State should be neutral sites anyway.

17 hours ago, WalterSobchak said:

You must be in real denial from the loss if you think that was the sectional and regional championship. Winamac was good against the bad teams. They finally played a good team and got beat. Culver had as good a shot as Winamac and the result was the same.

• Haha 1