Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A Tournament Discussion

16 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

#40 Allen for North Judson is a stud. He's impressive the more games I watch of North Judson.

Fortunately for AC, they have a stud of their own in Blake Heyerly. Will be tough to bet against him after that performance last night.  SA knew Central would have to ride Heyerly in the slop and he still went off for 220 yards. That was one of the best performances from an AC back in recent history.

Allen is a tough kid, though, for sure! It will be a fun game next week.

Edited by FlyingHigh

13 hours ago, Basementbias said:

It would have been a running clock after the first half on a good playing surface. My next weekly worry is our semi state record of 1-12. I think we should win, but bus lag to NJ is concerning. Also the memories of 03 always haunt me.

03?  What about 84 / 86? 

Jets need to take a page out of the Jesuit playbook.  They showed up at Norwell last night little after 4pm

3 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

03?  What about 84 / 86? 

Jets need to take a page out of the Jesuit playbook.  They showed up at Norwell last night little after 4pm

84/86 was before I was born. My dad graduated in 82 so played on the first sectional championship team in fall of 81 and lost to Woodlan 7-6 due to a bad snap. Woodlan was runner up that year. I remember 97-99 as a heartbroken young boy. 03 I was a 7th grader. I think most thought we were getting another state title that year. Up 21-0 @ half and lost 22-21 after missing the go ahead FG at the end. I was a freshman on our 05 team that Sheridan throttled. Beating West Central that year was an accomplishment in regional.

According to John Harrell, the predictions are...

AC over North Judson 35-17 - I think this will be a closer game that that. NJ looks tough and the 2.5-3 hour drive will be no joke for AC. The Jets are 1-12 in Semistate games, with the lone victory coming in 2000 when they won state against Attica. This will be their 3rd trip to Semistate in the last 4 years...and 4th in 6 years. Can they finally get over the hump? The 41-0 final score from Regional against South Adams is misleading. It was a tough game for 3 quarters. The Jets defense is legit and is often overlooked due to the big-play ability of the offense. They have pitched 7 shutouts and are giving up under 5 points a game. I think the NJ game will be similar to the Busco matchup: physical and intense from start to finish!

Lutheran over Tri 49-14 - I don't know much about these teams, but it looks like Lutheran was rolling last night against Parke Heritage.

1 hour ago, FlyingHigh said:

I'm curious to hear from the North Judson fans on here about the matchup this Friday, but it seems like the only thing that gets them going on the Gridiron is an argument with Winamac fans! Maybe @WalterSobchakshould get on here and stir the pot to get NJ fans going.

He’s getting his stat books ready for basketball season, I swear to God he is!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

It probably helps NJ a bit that they have seen wing-t teams quite often.  
One question might be has AC seen anyone who runs triple option?  if you never see it and have to stop it one Friday night all year could give AC some fits.  
I think AC has much better depth than NJ and that could come into play here.  

X-factor traveling across the state to play at 8:00 start could have bus lag consequences.  

13 minutes ago, RingLeader said:

It probably helps NJ a bit that they have seen wing-t teams quite often.  
One question might be has AC seen anyone who runs triple option?  if you never see it and have to stop it one Friday night all year could give AC some fits.  
I think AC has much better depth than NJ and that could come into play here.  

X-factor traveling across the state to play at 8:00 start could have bus lag consequences.  

Coaches are equipped to coach against it, but the few teams that ran it were so poor on the offensive line they didn't get to see it in action as well as NJ. Southern Wells when they were good, ran it all the time and those were fun practices.

Triton is the only common opponent for these two.  I did not see Triton play either team in person, but I think AC is definitely the heavy favorite.  The Jets speed and athleticism will be hard for North Judson to slow down.  Judson relies a lot on Allen and I would guess AC will find a way to limit his effectiveness.  I'm going with the Jets, 42-14.

5 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

I'm curious to hear from the North Judson fans on here about the matchup this Friday, but it seems like the only thing that gets them going on the Gridiron is an argument with Winamac fans! Maybe @WalterSobchakshould get on here and stir the pot to get NJ fans going.

Stupidity is what really gets us going. lol

Most Judson fans know that they are the underdog and I'm sure the coaches are leaning heavy on that as motivation. I do look for it to be a pretty good game on Friday. Hopefully, AC overlooks them a bit and Judson comes out and smacks them in the mouth early.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, littledog said:

Stupidity is what really gets us going. lol

Most Judson fans know that they are the underdog and I'm sure the coaches are leaning heavy on that as motivation. I do look for it to be a pretty good game on Friday. Hopefully, AC overlooks them a bit and Judson comes out and smacks them in the mouth early.

This is what has me on edge as a Jets fan as well as the bus trip. We have a 1-12 semi state record. This may be the 3rd time (since I've been alive) we weren't the underdog at semi state. We are 1-1 in those other 2 games and the last one we lost in 03 still haunts me. Up 21-0 at half losing 22-21 while missing a game winning FG attempt.

As I said before, Allen is an awesome football player. #11 is decent as well. The Judson defense did well setting the edges and stringing plays out sideline to sideline. The only game they struggled with that was Tippy Valley. #75 The Bear has made some big stops in the middle of the defense as well.

1 hour ago, Basementbias said:

This is what has me on edge as a Jets fan as well as the bus trip. We have a 1-12 semi state record. This may be the 3rd time (since I've been alive) we weren't the underdog at semi state. We are 1-1 in those other 2 games and the last one we lost in 03 still haunts me. Up 21-0 at half losing 22-21 while missing a game winning FG attempt.

As I said before, Allen is an awesome football player. #11 is decent as well. The Judson defense did well setting the edges and stringing plays out sideline to sideline. The only game they struggled with that was Tippy Valley. #75 The Bear has made some big stops in the middle of the defense as well.

Yeah that drive is UGLY.

This will definitely be a good game! I truly feel Adams was only tested a couple times this season whereas North Judson plays in a conference that really better prepares 1A teams for the tournament. Picking up Tippy Valley was also a good move during the week the Jays should have played Winamac. The Jays have gotten progressively better each week and Coach Lambert and his staff have found ways to motivate this team to keep improving! I believe all these people who are predicting a 14+ win by Adams are in for an awakening! The HNAC is possibly one of if not the top conference for 1A schools to be in. It is definitely the most underrated! The rivalries and the comradaries in the HNAC are in my opinion unmatched across the state! One thing for sure only one of these two programs will be "Flying High" after tonight! 

Jays 24 --- AC 21

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Workingthechains said:

This will definitely be a good game! I truly feel Adams was only tested a couple times this season whereas North Judson plays in a conference that really better prepares 1A teams for the tournament. Picking up Tippy Valley was also a good move during the week the Jays should have played Winamac. The Jays have gotten progressively better each week and Coach Lambert and his staff have found ways to motivate this team to keep improving! I believe all these people who are predicting a 14+ win by Adams are in for an awakening! The HNAC is possibly one of if not the top conference for 1A schools to be in. It is definitely the most underrated! The rivalries and the comradaries in the HNAC are in my opinion unmatched across the state! One thing for sure only one of these two programs will be "Flying High" after tonight! 

Jays 24 --- AC 21

None of the teams that beat NJ even won sectional. The team that beat AC by 2 points is still fighting for a 2A championship. But nothing in the past is gonna matter on that field tonight.

AC 34 - NJ 14

20 minutes ago, 260AC said:

None of the teams that beat NJ even won sectional. The team that beat AC by 2 points is still fighting for a 2A championship. But nothing in the past is gonna matter on that field tonight.

AC 34 - NJ 14

Exactly.  Three rivers champs (Conf may actually be worst than ACAC) beat up NJ and then got exposed in sectional.  This will not be a close game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 260AC said:

AC 34 - NJ 14

How many 3A teams did AC play? Tippy was ranked in 3A when the Jay's played them. Knox, culver, North Judson, Laville, and Pioneer all played for sectional championships. Tippy Valley was beat by Mishawaka Marion who is playing tonight as well. Triton played you for sectional championship but couldn't keep up. Eastside will lose tonight by at least 14. We will see real soon how close it will be. 

32 minutes ago, Workingthechains said:

How many 3A teams did AC play? Tippy was ranked in 3A when the Jay's played them. Knox, culver, North Judson, Laville, and Pioneer all played for sectional championships. Tippy Valley was beat by Mishawaka Marion who is playing tonight as well. Triton played you for sectional championship but couldn't keep up. Eastside will lose tonight by at least 14. We will see real soon how close it will be. 

East sides by 2 TDs and I’ll say it right to your face!

2 hours ago, Workingthechains said:

don't ever come on here talking about which you no nothing about. 28-0 AC 2nd quarter. Hows that great schedule doing now

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, 260AC said:

don't ever come on here talking about which you no nothing about. 28-0 AC 2nd quarter. Hows that great schedule doing now

Turkey weekend in Indy! Go Jets Go!

On 11/17/2021 at 9:08 AM, FlyingHigh said:

As I previously said

Any team that has speed that can get to the outside will give NJ fits. 

That's why the conditions of the field really hurt Winamac and that's why North Judson didn't want to play Winamac at Logansport on Saturday.

Game would have been much much different. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WalterSobchak said:

As I previously said

That's why the conditions of the field really hurt Winamac and that's why North Judson didn't want to play Winamac at Logansport on Saturday.

They didnt give them fits, the JV was playing

Absolute domination, stepping stone.

27 minutes ago, WalterSobchak said:

As I previously said

No offense, but I watched Winamac play and I don't think they would have done any better against our Jets.