Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A Tournament Discussion

1 hour ago, Basementbias said:

No offense, but I watched Winamac play and I don't think they would have done any better against our Jets.

AC played very well. Their D-line did an outstanding job of controlling the LOS. There wasn't anyone in Sectional 41 that was going to do any better. Great win and good luck to AC next week.

Don't want to get ahead of myself, but from all the trash talk from facebook groups and this guy on here, all NJ could talk about was the schedule and how they had to fight all year, and that AC never had to fight.

Did you ever think of a reason AC didnt have to fight all year since eastside? they are very good. They made NJ look like another team on the ACAC schedule.

Very good, like there JV will play you in the second half

Put it to rest real early. Looking forward to the real matchup vs lutheran.

Edited by 260AC

Great job by AC 

NJ appeared to have no fire, no hustle, just jogging around. Surprised by their lack of effort.  I was not the only one who noticed this.  AC was clearly superior dont believe outcome would have been any different but I wonder if illness was going thru NJ team.  

2 hours ago, RingLeader said:

Great job by AC 

NJ appeared to have no fire, no hustle, just jogging around. Surprised by their lack of effort.  I was not the only one who noticed this.  AC was clearly superior dont believe outcome would have been any different but I wonder if illness was going thru NJ team.  

Is it that or did AC just have that much more speed than NJ? It's hard to be confident when you know the other team can just run past you. Then when they are ahead, it can be demoralizing. NJ's defense had been really good at stringing plays side to side, but the speed was too much last night. They did do a good job defending the middle except for a couple plays where Heyerly broke through.

8 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

Is it that or did AC just have that much more speed than NJ? It's hard to be confident when you know the other team can just run past you. Then when they are ahead, it can be demoralizing. NJ's defense had been really good at stringing plays side to side, but the speed was too much last night. They did do a good job defending the middle except for a couple plays where Heyerly broke through.

I watched online and as early as AC’s first and second possession the Jays defense had 10-11 guys jogging. Pretty weak effort for a team playing for a semi-state. Congrats to AC on a great game. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

I watched online and as early as AC’s first and second possession the Jays defense had 10-11 guys jogging. Pretty weak effort for a team playing for a semi-state. Congrats to AC on a great game. 

Ya effort did not look like it was there but AC was the bigger, faster and stronger team and that was obvious from the jump. 
Good luck to them against Lutheran and great season by Judson. 

7 hours ago, RingLeader said:

Great job by AC 

Illness? Really?? It’s funny how the North Judson/HNAC faithful give Winamac fans a hard time for complaining about a muddy field and now North Judson had to be sick or not giving enough effort. Couldn’t it be that AC was clearly much faster and more talented than North Judson? It wouldn’t take anyone very long comparing the films from these two teams to know that was the case going into the game. 

There were even comments made by the NJ coach in an interview that AC wasn’t the fastest team they’ve faced. They definitely were. Not even close. They underestimated the Jets in every aspect of the game. They had no answers for the stud DTs(Wurm and Hirschy) and LBs (Heyerly, Bluhm and Tester). They sure as heck had no answers for Currie, either. 

I stand by my statement from a few weeks ago that got some pushback (mostly from HNAC fans) - Churubusco would’ve won any other sectional in the North. The opening sectional matchup of Busco vs AC was the de facto semistate game. I don’t even think NJ could’ve beaten South Adams or Monroe Central.

NJ was physical and had some really good players. Allen is an absolute stud. I don’t think anyone should come on here questioning their effort or health. Great season to the Blue Jays and I expect them to continue that success next year. Hopefully the Jets can represent the North well at Lucas Oil against Lutheran!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

Illness? Really?? It’s funny how the North Judson/HNAC faithful give Winamac fans a hard time for complaining about a muddy field and now North Judson had to be sick or not giving enough effort. Couldn’t it be that AC was clearly much faster and more talented than North Judson? It wouldn’t take anyone very long comparing the films from these two teams to know that was the case going into the game. 

There were even comments made by the NJ coach in an interview that AC wasn’t the fastest team they’ve faced. They definitely were. Not even close. They underestimated the Jets in every aspect of the game. They had no answers for the stud DTs(Wurm and Hirschy) and LBs (Heyerly, Bluhm and Tester). They sure as heck had no answers for Currie, either. 

I stand by my statement from a few weeks ago that got some pushback (mostly from HNAC fans) - Churubusco would’ve won any other sectional in the North. The opening sectional matchup of Busco vs AC was the de facto semistate game. I don’t even think NJ could’ve beaten South Adams or Monroe Central.

NJ was physical and had some really good players. Allen is an absolute stud. I don’t think anyone should come on here questioning their effort or health. Great season to the Blue Jays and I expect them to continue that success next year. Hopefully the Jets can represent the North well at Lucas Oil against Lutheran!

I wasn’t taking anything away from AC. They dominated every facet of the game. I will however not back down in saying that it was absolute horse crap effort by Judson. Extremely disappointing effort from a team that prides itself on its toughness and attitude. 

5 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

Yes 

That was what I saw too and no AC folks it would not have made a difference if they were running at top speed

I apologize to the AC faithful. Please keep your panties from bunching, just an observation 

Your team was clearly superior and if you play 10 times you win all 10

Edited by RingLeader

35 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

I wasn’t taking anything away from AC. They dominated every facet of the game. I will however not back down in saying that it was absolute horse crap effort by Judson. Extremely disappointing effort from a team that prides itself on its toughness and attitude. 

Let's not forget that these are KIDS playing a game that will stay with them forever.  

A tempered attitude with the ups and downs of teenagers should be 1st and foremost.  I for sure had some situations in my teens that I wish I could have back.  And 'effort' is so subjective, it's crazy.  

Support and congratulate these young men (and perhaps women) for their season long efforts, and the joy that brought to the entire community and student body.  That's what HS FB is all about!   

• Like 2

AC fans.  After 5 weeks of constant (and needless) “wringing of hands”, u finally have something to be legitimately worried about.  The inevitable matchup is here.  Lutheran QB is as good as Davis from Eastside.  But… they spread u out unlike Eastside.  The TB is better than Eastside FB.  Overall they’re better than ES.  Thanks to Tri they just played a wing T offense and seemed to figure it out later in the game.  Tri seemed to run wingT with a bit more creativity than what AC runs.  Secondary looks solid.  Handled  Scecina who just lost in 2A semis.  John Harrel has AC -3?  U buying that?

52 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

AC fans.  After 5 weeks of constant (and needless) “wringing of hands”, u finally have something to be legitimately worried about.  The inevitable matchup is here.  Lutheran QB is as good as Davis from Eastside.  But… they spread u out unlike Eastside.  The TB is better than Eastside FB.  Overall they’re better than ES.  Thanks to Tri they just played a wing T offense and seemed to figure it out later in the game.  Tri seemed to run wingT with a bit more creativity than what AC runs.  Secondary looks solid.  Handled  Scecina who just lost in 2A semis.  John Harrel has AC -3?  U buying that?

Don't care. We made it to LOS. They're bringing hardware back either way. We have the Championship trophy from 2000. If we win awesome, if not then that's fine as well. My thing was them making it as far as they should have. This team, it was the state trip. We didn't have a Pioneer or LCC preventing a trip. Why I was agitated after rd 1 win over Busco. That type of game is always how the Busco matchups go. I'd like to see more creativity against them and the Southwoods & Northfields. Heard all year that Lutheran and CC winner would be the Championship favorite. Attica & Josh Smith were as well. Screw the coin flip, let's just wear the white jerseys and treat it like an away game. We are playing Lutheran in Indy and they've been #1. Play the game Friday and let the chips fall where they may. Only 11 other teams are playing this week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purdue Pete said:

If Lutheran looks as good this season as they did when they played LCC a couple of years back at LOS, then I would consider them a tough nut to crack.  They had a big line and their offense was very balanced and it made it hard to pin them down even when situation seemed to dictate a propensity for one type of play or another.  Defense was fairly solid even with LCC's swiss-army-knife offense from that season.

13 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

Don't care. We made it to LOS. They're bringing hardware back either way. We have the Championship trophy from 2000. If we win awesome, if not then that's fine as well. My thing was them making it as far as they should have. This team, it was the state trip. We didn't have a Pioneer or LCC preventing a trip. Why I was agitated after rd 1 win over Busco. That type of game is always how the Busco matchups go. I'd like to see more creativity against them and the Southwoods & Northfields. Heard all year that Lutheran and CC winner would be the Championship favorite. Attica & Josh Smith were as well. Screw the coin flip, let's just wear the white jerseys and treat it like an away game. We are playing Lutheran in Indy and they've been #1. Play the game Friday and let the chips fall where they may. Only 11 other teams are playing this week.

I would have to agree with everything said here. I believe AC can win, but they will need to execute near perfectly and not make any costly turnovers. I don't know much about Lutheran but i don't think they will underestimate the Jets like NJ did.

6 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

I’m not making any sort of prediction with the following statement because I genuinely have no idea how this game will go…

Tri runs wing t belly, jet sweep and counter. AC runs belly, rocket, counter, down and trap. The only variations I saw from the Tri O that you might consider “more creative” against Lutheran was a few PA concepts. None of which came anywhere close to working (in fact they all ended in sacks or a turnover). Neither offense is based on creativity. They’re based on execution and ball fakes. 

I do agree that Lutheran seemed to figure out the wing concepts and made some solid 2nd half adjustments. AC will need to execute to perfection to score enough points to win this game. Their D will give them a chance to win this game, assuming the offense can score a few times. 

On 11/20/2021 at 7:04 PM, Donnie Baker said:

Why can’t people just say Adams Centrals beat North Judsons ass without a bunch of excuses? Y’all sound like the stat boy from Winamacs, I swear to God you do!

No excuses, they straight up beat them and were better team. 

It's just nice being in 1a so we don't have to face those damn Bombers every year in sectional. lol