1 hour ago, MarkCalaway said:

6A:  Center Grove over Westfield

5A:  Cathedral over Valparaiso

4A:  Leo over Roncalli

3A:  Gibson Southern over West Lafayette

2A: Luers over Linton-Stockton

1A:  Lutheran over Adams Central

What say you?

In 5a I see Snider or Zionsville getting there over Valpo. Leaning towards Snider right now which I would have never thought before this season.

4a Roncalli will win it all

3a I’ve got Brebeuf. Gibson Southern can definitely get it done though. 3a should have the best title game in my opinion

2 hours ago, MarkCalaway said:

6A:  Center Grove over Westfield

5A:  Cathedral over Valparaiso

4A:  Leo over Roncalli

3A:  Gibson Southern over West Lafayette

2A: Luers over Linton-Stockton

1A:  Lutheran over Adams Central

What say you?

6A: Center Grove over whoever 

5A: Cathedral over Snider or Valpo

4A: Roncalli over (Insert opp. Here)

3A: Brebeuf/WL winner Gibson Southern 

2A: Linton-Stockton over Andrean

1A: Lutheran over Monroe Central

Best of luck and God Bless to all teams this postseason!! 🙏🏼

I’m not sure if this is really a hot take or not…but I think Chatard beats Roncalli 

they lost 21-28 earlier this year and Chatard has 5 straight wins coming into sectionals 

im not even sure where Chatard and roncalli stand for the playoff picture…I assume they are in the same sectional…but yeah I think Chatard gets revenge and throws the entire 4A bracket off.

lost by 5 to Brebeuf 

10 to Warren Central 

7 to roncalli 

5 dominating wins since losing to cathedral…I’m not sure roncalli is a lock 

12 minutes ago, BTF said:

The odds of Luers winning state is about the same as Center Grove and Cathedral.

They have good odds yes I agree but not at the same level of Center Grove or Cathedral. Those are two of the most prestigious and tradition rich programs in the state. Luers has an opportunity but nothing is guaranteed.

17 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

They have good odds yes I agree but not at the same level of Center Grove or Cathedral. Those are two of the most prestigious and tradition rich programs in the state. Luers has an opportunity but nothing is guaranteed.

You rate Center Grove over Luers in terms of tradition and prestige? I think 99% of those who follow high school football might disagree. That sounds absurd coming from someone who actually follows Luers. 

Edited by BTF
correction
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, BTF said:

You rate Center Grove over Luers in terms of tradition and prestige? I think 99% of those who follow high school football might disagree. That sounds absurd coming from someone who actually follows Luers. 

Well, it really depends on what context you look at it from in my opinion. 

16 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Well, it really depends on what context you look at it from in my opinion. 

I won't dive too deep into it, otherwise this will turn into a 30 page debate. I just think it's a no contest. 

2 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

im not even sure where Chatard and roncalli stand for the playoff picture…I assume they are in the same sectional…but yeah I think Chatard gets revenge and throws the entire 4A bracket off.

They are at opposite ends of the bracket; so it would be a sectional championship. 

3 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’m not sure if this is really a hot take or not…but I think Chatard beats Roncalli 

they lost 21-28 earlier this year and Chatard has 5 straight wins coming into sectionals 

lost by 5 to Brebeuf 

10 to Warren Central 

7 to roncalli 

The one thing I can guarantee is that Roncalli will not overlook Chatard.  

The close score in the first game got Roncalli’s attention.  

I though Chatard played pretty well, but they still lost. 

The 5 wins in a row are games they should have won against teams that are not very good. 

4 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

lost by 5 to Brebeuf 

10 to Warren Central 

7 to roncalli 

Was that golf score? You always put the bigger number first. STATE LAW!

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I doubt there is a 2A team that can take down Luers

It would be an epic upset. But like any team, including Center Grove and Cathedral, if they don't put there best foot forward they're out. 

8 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

lost by 5 to Brebeuf 

10 to Warren Central 

7 to roncalli 

AGREE 100%.  I think Chatard surprises everyone.

9 hours ago, fenderbender said:

I though Chatard played pretty well, but they still lost. 

The 5 wins in a row are games they should have won against teams that are not very good. 

We really don't know how much better Chatard is since the first match up. Like you said, they've beaten some bad teams, as they should have.

I would obviously love to see Chatard win the rematch, but I just don't see how they make up for the size/talent difference. Roncalli literally has a D1 offensive line. The first game felt like Chatard kept it as close as they could. 

Hope I'm wrong, but I think Chatard has a much better chance next year.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BTF said:

It would be an epic upset. But like any team, including Center Grove and Cathedral, if they don't put there best foot forward they're out. 

For Sure, a team usually has an "off" game once a year or so, so you never know. As we have talked, really interested in seeing what Snider can do this this post season. I hope they stay disciplined and don't have one of those 8-12 "flag" games they have had in past, they seem to have that better under control this year. 

1 hour ago, TheDoctor22 said:

We really don't know how much better Chatard is since the first match up. Like you said, they've beaten some bad teams, as they should have.

I would obviously love to see Chatard win the rematch, but I just don't see how they make up for the size/talent difference. Roncalli literally has a D1 offensive line. The first game felt like Chatard kept it as close as they could. 

Hope I'm wrong, but I think Chatard has a much better chance next year.

I think it will be a great game.  

5 minutes ago, psaboy said:

For Sure, a team usually has an "off" game once a year or so, so you never know. As we have talked, really interested in seeing what Snider can do this this post season. I hope they stay disciplined and don't have one of those 8-12 "flag" games they have had in past, they seem to have that better under control this year. 

There was a lot of talk in the off season about Snider's "downfall." Every team experiences a one or two year decline every so often. With undefeated JV and Freshmen teams, I'd say the program is alive and well. 

• Like 1