Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Class 2A Tourney Discussion

Just now, BLKnights7 said:

Eastside played us tough last year. They have a good team again this year. Can't overlook the blazers should we both make it to the sectional final.

Eastside is a very tough football team. If they were to meet again, Luers will definitely be in for a dogfight ✊🏼

In 2A South I’m sold on the Miners of Linton-Stockton!! Man are they impressive! 

7 minutes ago, XStar said:

Still think Luers could be vulnerable if the weather neutralizes their passing game in the wrong week.  Otherwise, it's theirs to lose.  

Sir Hale #2 may have a LOT to say about that.  Luers is a multi-dimensional threat. 

He spoke to me after the Snider game, and I truly believe that he is on a PERSONAL mission .... ground-wise.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Sir Hale #2 may have a LOT to say about that.  Luers is a multi-dimensional threat. 

He spoke to me after the Snider game, and I truly believe that he is on a PERSONAL mission .... ground-wise.   

He is an impressive football player and  I agree they are a multi-dimensional threat. However, as @x-star pointed out, they did seem to struggle in inclement weather conditions. If a team like Eastbrook who runs almost every snap catches them on a night like that, they could be in for a game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

He is an impressive football player and  I agree they are a multi-dimensional threat. However, as @x-star pointed out, they did seem to struggle in inclement weather conditions. If a team like Eastbrook who runs almost every snap catches them on a night like that, they could be in for a game.

Totally agreed. 

Not sure where the "game" would be be played.  But I don't think Luers will play a "home" game before Sectional Finals due to the Luersfield situation.  

I don't count ANY team out in the tournament:   Surprises always happen.  

49 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Sir Hale #2...."DOG" may have a LOT to say about that.  Luers is a multi-dimensional threat. 

Fixed that for ya 😄

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

2A North ....  Ain't no joke.   Do not assume that I am counting Eastbrook (or a Region team) out of the mix....  

It’s a true gauntlet. You have #1 Luers #2 Eastbrook #3 Andrean #6 Eastside and #8 Tipton that are all REALLY good ball clubs. Eastbrook and Tipton potential matchup in their sectional final and then of course the Luers/Eastside rubber match. Andrean seems to have a clear path to semi state but I don’t count out the Panthers of Pioneer and their run game. However it shakes out, 2A North will be well represented.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

if pioneer didn't lose their punter/Lb/kicker/OT last yr that game could have went the other way..that being said anything can happen..coach k will keep them grounded I'm sure yet the target is firmly on their back..east side n andrean are my dark horses from the north

Luers was missing Sir Hale.

15 minutes ago, Noble1978 said:

LINTON-Stockton vs Andrean

The Miners are on a mission!!!

11 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Seriously?  Or just TROLLING?   

That take isn’t necessarily trolling. I picked this same exact matchup in another thread and we very well could see it. Andrean could very well represent the North. Linton is a very physical football team and they have great chemistry. That Rd 2 game against Mater Dei is a big one though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Eh.  I'm sure he's good and he'll get his stats because other teams will go into that matchup trying to stop the passing game.  Lots of running backs would run wild in that offense.  Clark and Glenn drive that bus though.  

See these possibilities.

North:  Luers, Andrean, Eastside

South:  Linton-Stockton, Mater Dei

Would not be shocked by any of those 5.  Anyone outside of that group would be somewhere between surprising and shocking depending on who it is.  

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

39 minutes ago, XStar said:

See these possibilities.

Would not be shocked by any of those 5.  Anyone outside of that group would be somewhere between surprising and shocking depending on who it is.  

The Scecina blow out of Monrovia caught my eye.... its right ther w Lintons.... if one gives credence to the transitive properties of fb.... havent looked at how Scecina would match up w Linton yet.... an of course they have a huge game w HC fri...  hmmmm

1 hour ago, XStar said:

See these possibilities.

39 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

The Scecina blow out of Monrovia caught my eye.... its right ther w Lintons.... if one gives credence to the transitive properties of fb.... havent looked at how Scecina would match up w Linton yet.... an of course they have a huge game w HC fri...  hmmmm

To both points, I think you can’t overlook Eastbrook or Tipton in the North and as well as Scecina and Heritage Christian in the South. That game this Friday is a big one. 

Just now, 07_statechamp54 said:

To both points, I think you can’t overlook Eastbrook or Tipton in the North and as well as Scecina and Heritage Christian in the South. That game this Friday is a big one. 

I have a hard time with the SOS for both.  Eastbrook hasn't played a team this season with a Sagarin in the top 120.  Sounds like they had an opportunity to pick one up a few weeks ago (Harrison) and passed on it.  I just don't think that sets you up to beat Luers or Andrean.  

Likewise, Tipton hasn't played a game against a top 100 team.  I do think the Hoosier Conference is a bit undervalued in the rankings for whatever reason right now because I think both Western and LCC are top 100 teams (they have them just outside of the top 100 right now) and Tipton has played those 2 teams three times. 

Anyway, the SOS for both is in the mid 200's.  I could be wrong, but I don't like either of those two to knock off Luers this season.  I'd love to be wrong about Tipton though.  

You could be right about Scecina though.  They've played a top-100 schedule and appear to have improved as the season progressed.  Have a hard time processing the loss to Speedway but those don't always mean alot.  I mean, Western Boone lost their first game to Sheridan last year and Luers started the tournament with a losing record.  Most of the time, competitive games, even losses, to good teams tell you more about yourself than routing terrible teams 50-0.