Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Class 2A Tourney Discussion

25 minutes ago, XStar said:

I have a hard time with the SOS for both.  Eastbrook hasn't played a team this season with a Sagarin in the top 120.  Sounds like they had an opportunity to pick one up a few weeks ago (Harrison) and passed on it.  I just don't think that sets you up to beat Luers or Andrean.  

Likewise, Tipton hasn't played a game against a top 100 team.  I do think the Hoosier Conference is a bit undervalued in the rankings for whatever reason right now because I think both Western and LCC are top 100 teams (they have them just outside of the top 100 right now) and Tipton has played those 2 teams three times. 

Anyway, the SOS for both is in the mid 200's.  I could be wrong, but I don't like either of those two to knock off Luers this season.  I'd love to be wrong about Tipton though.  

You could be right about Scecina though.  They've played a top-100 schedule and appear to have improved as the season progressed.  Have a hard time processing the loss to Speedway but those don't always mean alot.  I mean, Western Boone lost their first game to Sheridan last year and Luers started the tournament with a losing record.  Most of the time, competitive games, even losses, to good teams tell you more about yourself than routing terrible teams 50-0.  

I believe LCC was #95 before Tipton beat them. Granted that is a far cry from the competition Luers plays. I think it would be an uphill battle for either Eastbrook or Tipton(or Eastside for that matter) but that’s why you play the game! 

• Like 1

I gotta say although ratings say this and that. I tend to look at the top ten this time of year. There are 5 or 6 teams that could win it all in 2A. But if you look at the path, all of them have MAJOR obstacles thru the Regionals. All of them. From the mighty Luers to my lowly Miners. Its just way to early to even speculate. Just a thought.

2 hours ago, XStar said:

I have a hard time with the SOS for both.  Eastbrook hasn't played a team this season with a Sagarin in the top 120.  Sounds like they had an opportunity to pick one up a few weeks ago (Harrison) and passed on it.  I just don't think that sets you up to beat Luers or Andrean.  

Likewise, Tipton hasn't played a game against a top 100 team.  I do think the Hoosier Conference is a bit undervalued in the rankings for whatever reason right now because I think both Western and LCC are top 100 teams (they have them just outside of the top 100 right now) and Tipton has played those 2 teams three times. 

Anyway, the SOS for both is in the mid 200's.  I could be wrong, but I don't like either of those two to knock off Luers this season.  I'd love to be wrong about Tipton though.  

You could be right about Scecina though.  They've played a top-100 schedule and appear to have improved as the season progressed.  Have a hard time processing the loss to Speedway but those don't always mean alot.  I mean, Western Boone lost their first game to Sheridan last year and Luers started the tournament with a losing record.  Most of the time, competitive games, even losses, to good teams tell you more about yourself than routing terrible teams 50-0.  

Western's 6-3, but two of their loses have come to West Lafayette and one to 5A Kokomo who has only dropped games to 5A Harrison and 6A Jeff.

Just now, foxbat said:

Western's 6-3, but two of their loses have come to West Lafayette and one to 5A Kokomo who has only dropped games to 5A Harrison and 6A Jeff.

Yeah.  I also watched them beat Western Boone who is currently 89th.  Like I said, something seems funky with the Hoosier Conference rankings for some reason.  I tend to think they are undervalued currently.  

1 hour ago, globemstr3 said:

I gotta say although ratings say this and that. I tend to look at the top ten this time of year. There are 5 or 6 teams that could win it all in 2A. But if you look at the path, all of them have MAJOR obstacles thru the Regionals. All of them. From the mighty Luers to my lowly Miners. Its just way to early to even speculate. Just a thought.

I agree .. ther r great matchups everywhere.... n its fun to speculate..  but am under no illusions that...whoever meets Luers is Banta fodder.... 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2021 at 7:54 PM, 07_statechamp54 said:

Eastside is a very tough football team. If they were to meet again, Luers will definitely be in for a dogfight ✊🏼

In 2A South I’m sold on the Miners of Linton-Stockton!! Man are they impressive! 

Well... this didnt age too well....  Outside of Scecina upseting HC... 2A has stayed right on script...  MD owns Sec 40 n rolls on to Semi... Andrean has no oposition till their date w Luers... mayb EB will pull off a minor upset of Tipton ... despite the rankings ... Tipton is the defending champ... n at Home... this yr seems much the same as last yr w these two... so i give the edge to Tipton.....  i dont think Lcc has ever played Speedway... n bein very familuar w the Coke lot ... think i check that one out... if they survive.. ... ive got em as dogs to Scecina... whic leaves somtin im not sure ive ever seen in 2A ... A Catholic football Jamboree at Semi w Andrean, Luers in the North n MD n Scecina/LCC in the South..... kinda funky.... c if this ages any better..... hmmmm

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CoachDurham said:

Man everyone sleeping on the Panthers of Pioneer. They have over come a lot of adversity this year! Changing game plans week to week. They are playing the under dog role very well for the first time. 🤕

Pioneer can never be overlooked. They've come a long way from the first two weeks of the season. It's looking like there is a 50/50 shot that their season could come to an end tonight.

Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? NO, so I wont quit on the Panthers until its over! But, they do have a tough task tonight. Coach Berry will have his boys ready. I just thought it was interesting they didn't list either Pioneer or LaVille. And no one gave them a shot last year either.

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

Well... this didnt age too well....  Outside of Scecina upseting HC... 2A has stayed right on script...  MD owns Sec 40 n rolls on to Semi... Andrean has no oposition till their date w Luers... mayb EB will pull off a minor upset of Tipton ... despite the rankings ... Tipton is the defending champ... n at Home... this yr seems much the same as last yr w these two... so i give the edge to Tipton.....  i dont think Lcc has ever played Speedway... n bein very familuar w the Coke lot ... think i check that one out... if they survive.. ... ive got em as dogs to Scecina... whic leaves somtin im not sure ive ever seen in 2A ... A Catholic football Jamboree at Semi w Andrean, Luers in the North n MD n Scecina/LCC in the South..... kinda funky.... c if this ages any better..... hmmmm

This aged poorly as well.... tho i gotta say.... am quite pleased to c Luers go down...  😊

3 minutes ago, southend said:

Bishop Luers defeat has to be the biggest upset so far in playoffs , 2a at least. 

Agree. A 2A team that defeats Carroll, Homestead, and Dwenger all in the same season, is pretty much a lock for the state title at that level. Anything can happen on any given night. 

9 minutes ago, Gridiron_Junkie said:

Eastside was awesome tonight.   They had the midas touch. Offense, Defense and special teams. Congrats Eastside!

Eastside played their absolute best game tonight. Their clock management and offensive line play was top notch. Defensively, that was about as perfect of a game as a team could hope to play against Luers and I don’t think I’m being facetious when I say that either lol. I mean really, that was about as perfect of a defensive game as it gets.