Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Some unfinished business

I was busy with family matters yesterday and didn't get to post in the Cathedral/Center Grove thread.  I just wanted to say I was happy for Steve Wheat.  Steve and I worked together at an Avon auto dealer for most of 5 years.  It must have brought a smile, or maybe even a tear, to Steve's face to see his grandson run 67 yards for the go ahead TD in the game Friday night.  I also am happy for Grover, who's been a friend of mine for many years.  Don't get me wrong, I wanted my team to win but, as I said before, losing Friday night had no after game consequences.  Both teams now just get on with the business of winning a State Championship.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jon said:

I will give a shout out to Cathedral's QB Danny O'neil he is the real deal! What he did as a sophomore under those conditions was awesome. I just put him on my 2023 Mr. Football candidate list.

He is the real deal, and he's only going to get better.  He'll have a lot of good receivers back next year to help his progression too.

3 hours ago, StatQueen said:

Nice try. I'm a Roncalli Alum, but do have many CG friends as I live on the South Side!  Go REBELS!!!  #Undefeated LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!  Ya I said Rebels, not Royals.

Are you the one that told me at the gate,  your dad was the coach in the 1980's?

I'm happy for all those who enjoyed the game Friday night.

On 10/17/2021 at 12:02 PM, PHJIrish said:

I was busy with family matters yesterday and didn't get to post in the Cathedral/Center Grove thread.  I just wanted to say I was happy for Steve Wheat.  Steve and I worked together at an Avon auto dealer for most of 5 years.  It must have brought a smile, or maybe even a tear, to Steve's face to see his grandson run 67 yards for the go ahead TD in the game Friday night.  I also am happy for Grover, who's been a friend of mine for many years.  Don't get me wrong, I wanted my team to win but, as I said before, losing Friday night had no after game consequences.  Both teams now just get on with the business of winning a State Championship.

I heard the Wheat boys were fast...I looked up Brandon's track performance last year.  Wonder if this speed comes from his Grandpa?  Very impressive.

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=14952373