Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Trump Derangement Syndrome is a thing.....It makes the most tolerant among us intolerant.......

swordfish

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/california-woman-fired-after-targeting-man-wearing-maga-hat-starbucks-n990861

California woman fired after targeting man wearing MAGA hat in Starbucks

"If you see him in this hat please confront him. You do not want to be the person who didn’t speak up as we slipped into fascism," the woman posted on Facebook.

Image: Victor

A man identified as Victor by NBC New York said a woman confronted him about his “MAGA” hat at a Starbucks in Palo Alto, California.NBC Bay Area

Rebecca Mankey branded the 74-year-old Jewish Trump supporter 'racist' and a 'Nazi'

April 4, 2019, 11:30 AM EDT
By Elisha Fieldstadt

A California woman who confronted a man wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat in a Starbucks and then threatened him on Facebook has lost her job.

"Anybody in Palo Alto know this freak? He was sitting in Starbucks. I think he lives in Palo Alto. He will never forget me and will think seriously about wearing that hat in my town ever again," a woman who has been identified as Rebecca Mankey posted to Facebook Monday with pictures of the man.

"If you see him in this hat please confront him. You do not want to be the person who didn’t speak up as we slipped into fascism," the post continued.

She then commented on the post that she was going to stand outside of the man's job and "make him feel as unsafe as he made every brown person he met today."

The man, who identified himself to NBC Bay Area as Victor, remembers Mankey coming up to him and asking if he was wearing the MAGA hat, which is worn by some supporters of President Donald Trump.

"This woman comes over, and she says 'Is that a Trump hat?' I said, 'I think it is, yes,'" Victor recalled. He said Mankey then turned to the rest of the Starbucks customers and said, "Hey, everybody. Come over here. Let’s get this guy! He’s a hater! I’m calling him out! He hates brown people. He’s a Nazi."

A statement from Gryphon Strings, the music store where Mankey worked, said the owners "do not condone harassment or hate speech of any kind."

A later statement said she had been fired.

"Music has historically been something that has brought people of diverse socio-political backgrounds together," the statement said. "We would like to make it clear that the opinions expressed and actions taken by the employee are not indicative of how we conduct ourselves at the shop."

Richard Johnston, one of the owners of Gryphon told NBC Bay Area that Mankey had worked at the store as a store manager and accountant for four years, and he wouldn't have expected her to act the way she did.

"I think surprised is an understatement," Johnston said. "I think dumbfounded and confused is probably more accurate. Expressing what you believe is not the problem. It’s attacking people for what they believe is the problem."

The Facebook Mankey posted on Monday, under the name Parker Mankey, has since been deactivated.

Victor, meanwhile, said he felt bad Mankey had lost her job.

The woman, who later identified herself as Rebecca Mankey, admitted in a lengthy Facebook post that she yelled at Victor and called for anyone who spotted the man to 'please confront him.'

FYI - This man is actually Jewish........I hope she learned a lesson, although (IMHO) I don't think she did......

I'm always surprised to see the "most tolerant" among us as the ones being the "most intolerant" among us........

There is also this travesty of justice:  Man Fined Just $1 For Punching White Supremacist Who Organized Charlottesville Rally:  https://www.newsweek.com/man-fined-1-punching-white-supremacist-who-organized-charlottesville-rally-1108710

A Virginia man who was found guilty of assault after punching the organizer of last year’s far-right rally in Charlottesville in the head has been fined $1.

Jeffrey Winder denied attacking Jason Kessler after he attempted to give a press conference on August 13, 2017, the day after the deadly Unite the Right white supremacist rally, but was found guilty of assault and battery in February 2018. 

Kessler was forced to flee from a raging crowd after trying to speak to the media the day after 32-year-old Heather Heyer was killed when a car drove through a crowd of counterprotesters during the day of violence. James Alex Fields, 22, was later charged with Heyer's murder, as well with federal hate crime charges. 

Prosecutors said Winder could be seen punching Kessler in the head as he tried to escape the angry crowd. Winder was handed a 30-day suspended jail sentence following the trial, The Daily Progress in Charlottesville reported.

A Charlottesville Circuit Court jury has now found Winder guilty again of the same charges and fined him $1 with no jail time. According to sentencing guidelines, Winder could have been sentenced to 12 months in jail and up to $2,500 in fines by the jury.

So in our society $1 is the only price to pay for assaulting another human being, even if that human being identifies as a white supremacist or wears a MAGA hat. So SJW's really believe assaulting individuals who may hold socially abhorrent views is somehow justified?

• Disdain 1

32 minutes ago, foxbat said:

29 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Beat me to it. Funny how there were crickets on this Forum about this incident when it occurred. 

FTA:  The victim tried to grab the hat, a symbol of President Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, and the other man whipped out a sword and slashed him, Rueca said. Police originally reported that the victim was wearing the hat, but changed their statement late Saturday.

Crickets?  When was this link/story ever brought up on this forum?

Another example of TDS since the victim (who was technically the 2nd victim) assaulted the individual wearing the hat after a "verbal dispute".   And the main identifying piece of evidence was the red hat.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

There is also this travesty of justice:  Man Fined Just $1 For Punching White Supremacist Who Organized Charlottesville Rally:  https://www.newsweek.com/man-fined-1-punching-white-supremacist-who-organized-charlottesville-rally-1108710

So in our society $1 is the only price to pay for assaulting another human being, even if that human being identifies as a white supremacist or wears a MAGA hat. So SJW's really believe assaulting individuals who may hold socially abhorrent views is somehow justified?

Is this fine out of line with the sentences imposed in other battery cases involving similar facts? There is nothing in the article that suggests that to be true, nor does it indicate even what the judge said (if anything) to explain the sentence.

You are not suggesting that the defendant's political views (you characterize him as a social justice warrior) should have affected the court's sentence?  

19 minutes ago, swordfish said:

FTA:  The victim tried to grab the hat, a symbol of President Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, and the other man whipped out a sword and slashed him, Rueca said. Police originally reported that the victim was wearing the hat, but changed their statement late Saturday.

Another example of TDS since the victim (who was technically the 2nd victim) assaulted the individual wearing the hat after a "verbal dispute".   And the main identifying piece of evidence was the red hat.

That was the March 31 version as the story broke over a week ago.  

Here's the story 4-5 days later: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/california/articles/2019-04-04/man-arrested-for-alleged-sword-attack-over-maga-hat-spat

FTA:

Scott Sweeney told the San Francisco Chronicle that he was in the same neighborhood about 30 minutes before the incident and saw a man with a MAGA hat and a sword tucked into the back of his jacket.

The man, Sweeney said, was shouting homophobic slurs at him. "In my mind I didn't think it was a real sword until we came out later and police were on the scene and there was blood and the hat on ground," he said.

The guy with the sword doesn't just seem to be accessorizing if he's out yelling homophobic slurs at folks.  

25 minutes ago, Wabash82 said:

You are not suggesting that the defendant's political views (you characterize him as a social justice warrior) should have affected the court's sentence?  

That is exactly what I am saying, combined with the political views of the man who was assaulted by the defendant.  It is like the judge saying "Yeah, the law says I have to punish you somehow for assault against another human being, but since that human being just happens to also believe in white supremacy I'll just "punish" you with a $1 fine and no jail time."

tradingplacesdukes.png

• Disdain 1

11 minutes ago, foxbat said:

It wasn't, thus the crickets. Red Hat Brigade must have missed that one. Maybe Rush or FoxNews failed to mention it.

4 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

It wasn't, thus the crickets. Red Hat Brigade must have missed that one. Maybe Rush or FoxNews failed to mention it.

I think that was someone else who said that quote above that was attributed to me about crickets and the link being brought up in the forum.  I believe that was @swordfish's post.

3 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I think that was someone else who said that quote above that was attributed to me about crickets and the link being brought up in the forum.  I believe that was @swordfish's post.

Sorry. I did it again. Can't edit the post, so it's gonna have to stay that way.

So the red hat triggered this gal to approach an old Jewish guy who is sitting there, enjoying his coffee, not bothering anybody, and (stereo-typically) begin hurling profanities and names at him.  This action, then resulted in her being so proud of her actions that she felt she would share her experience with her ilk on social media.  Which then resulted in her losing her job.

All because the elderly Jewish guy who she accused of being a Nazi was wearing a red hat that wished good fortune on the United States.......who actually felt bad that she lost her job......

Again, where is the tolerance?  The "melting pot" mentality that the left puts out as it's mantra?

Edited by swordfish
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

That is exactly what I am saying, combined with the political views of the man who was assaulted by the defendant.  It is like the judge saying "Yeah, the law says I have to punish you somehow for assault against another human being, but since that human being just happens to also believe in white supremacy I'll just "punish" you with a $1 fine and no jail time."

tradingplacesdukes.png

That would be a reasonable position to take IF you could show us that the fine here was not comparable to the sentence imposed in other cases involving similar facts. If the guy had no prior record, a no jail time punishment for a single punch that apparently caused no significant harm doesn’t strike me as necessarily out of the ordinary. I suspect your obvious dislike for the politics of the defendant is causing you to jump to a conclusion that the sentence here is not comparable to what would be imposed in any run of the mill case involving the same situation.

Edited by Wabash82

14 minutes ago, Wabash82 said:

That would be a reasonable position to take IF you could show us that the fine here was not comparable to the sentence imposed in other cases involving similar facts. If the guy had no prior record, a no jail time punishment for a single punch that apparently caused no significant harm doesn’t strike me as necessarily out of the ordinary. I suspect your obvious dislike for the politics of the defendant is causing you to jump to a conclusion that the sentence here is not comparable to what would be imposed in any run of the mill case involving the same situation.

I don't know anything about the politics of Mr. Winder.  The facts are that he assaulted another individual, and then first lied about it.

• Disdain 2

Make America Great Again is a slogan as was Hope during then President Obama’s terms. 

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Make America Great Again is a slogan as was Hope during then President Obama’s terms. 

I don't remember any sword attacks instigated by someone wearing a "Yes we can" or "Forward" hat. Those were the slogan's of Obama's 2 campaigns.

Edited by gonzoron
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I don't remember any sword attacks instigated by someone wearing a "Yes we can" or "Forward" hat. Those were the slogan's of Obama's 2 campaigns.

So there is documented evidence/sworn testimony stating that an individual instigated a sword attack against another individual only because he was wearing a MAGA hat?  That is the individual was NOT wearing a MAGA hat he would not have instigated a sword attack?

• Disdain 2

14 hours ago, Muda69 said:

I don't know anything about the politics of Mr. Winder.  The facts are that he assaulted another individual, and then first lied about it.

Huh? The whole point of your original comment, the precise REASON you posted this here, was to make a comment on the supposed political aspects of the incident -- supposedly tolerant lib SJW warrior assaults some guy because of the guy's differing political views, and (supposedly) only gets a slap on the wrist for it. 

If you now claim that you "know nothing" about  Winder's politics, then how do you know he isn't a white supremist, also, and the reason he hit the other guy had nothing to do with that guy's political views?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

So there is documented evidence/sworn testimony stating that an individual instigated a sword attack against another individual only because he was wearing a MAGA hat?  That is the individual was NOT wearing a MAGA hat he would not have instigated a sword attack?

ACEC4197-9532-4C1E-85ED-7A7990A32BCF.jpeg

10 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Thank you for your response Gonzo. I hope all is well.