Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Trump Derangement Syndrome is a thing.....It makes the most tolerant among us intolerant.......

swordfish

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Have seen Hank twice. Walked out the first time sound was so bad. Second time circa ‘97 he changed words to songs and never actually finished a complete song. He won’t steal my hard earned money again.

And sorry, wrong again, I don’t wear glasses. Just because you do doesn’t mean everyone does.

But you had a choice to spend your hard earned money to see him.

2 hours ago, swordfish said:

And the Confederate Army is comparable to the Taliban.......

Well, the Taliban have proven to be a more diffficult adversary to fully vanquish. But in terms of fighting for an evil or bad cause, I'd say that they were pretty comparable.  You are not suggesting that the Confederates were the "good guys"? 

The "MAGA" thing is like the three fingers down "OK" sign thing. Neither is inherently racist. But, unfortunately, both have noe been adopted by white supremist in the U.S. and internationally as a means to make winking references to each other. They are good for that purpose because they carry plausible deniability, as there are (obviously) people who flash that particular OK sign and who wear "MAGA" hats who are not white supremists.

Once a person who is not a white supremist has become  aware that these hate groups have co-opted the MAGA hat for their movement, it is difficult for me to understand why that person would continuing to wear one, in the same way that I'd have a difficult time understanding why a non-fascist would display a swastika symbol after the Nazis had gone and "ruined it" for everyone. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wabash82 said:

Well, the Taliban have proven to be a more diffficult adversary to fully vanquish. But in terms of fighting for an evil or bad cause, I'd say that they were pretty comparable.  You are not suggesting that the Confederates were the "good guys"? 

The "MAGA" thing is like the three fingers down "OK" sign thing. Neither is inherently racist. But, unfortunately, both have noe been adopted by white supremist in the U.S. and internationally as a means to make winking references to each other. They are good for that purpose because they carry plausible deniability, as there are (obviously) people who flash that particular OK sign and who wear "MAGA" hats who are not white supremists.

Once a person who is not a white supremist has become  aware that these hate groups have co-opted the MAGA hat for their movement, it is difficult for me to understand why that person would continuing to wear one, in the same way that I'd have a difficult time understanding why a non-fascist would display a swastika symbol after the Nazis had gone and "ruined it" for everyone. 

SF can admit there is a basic element of truth in a lot of what you are saying here W as much that I would characterize as your assumptions or opinions.  I may not agree with it, but I can empathize your belief system as genuine.  However, using that logic, for SF this becomes equivalent to the constant dropping of the N word in various rap artist's lyrics.

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

Image result for We're still here hat

Not for long, if you believe this:  New Climate Analysis Shows How Badly Boomers Screwed Their Grandchildren: https://earther.gizmodo.com/new-climate-analysis-shows-how-badly-boomers-screwed-th-1833940193

Climate change is one the greatest intergenerational injustices. Decades of profligate carbon emissions by older generations have conscripted their children and grandchildren to a hotter, more dangerous world. And the inaction of adults has ensured the world will need radical system change to avert the worst impacts of climate change.

A new analysis by Carbon Brief shows just how serious that system change will be by calculating the individual carbon budget available, generation by generation, to keep warming below 1.5 or 2 degrees Celsius (2.7 or 3.6 degrees Fahrenheit). It shows that a American child born in 2017 will have to have a lifetime carbon budget nearly ten times lower than their grandparents’ if the world is to stave off catastrophic warming.

Beyond intergenerational justice, the results also highlight issues of equity between the developed and developing world.

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

They are just words.  They won't hurt you.

No, they won't hurt me. But it will waste a lot of my time reading words from someone whining about a generation ruining their life instead of manning up and taking responsibility for their own future.

2 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

No, they won't hurt me. But it will waste a lot of my time reading words from someone whining about a generation ruining their life instead of manning up and taking responsibility for their own future.

I thought they were "manning up" with initiatives like the Green New Deal, championed by a very member of that generation who according to are"ruining their lives"?

19 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I thought they were "manning up" with initiatives like the Green New Deal, championed by a very member of that generation who according to are"ruining their lives"?

I think we can conclude that Gen X'ers are the problem since they sat/sit idly by while blaming previous and subsequent generations are blamed for failing to secure the future for our children and grandchildren. 

Edited by gonzoron

8 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I think we can conclude that Gen X'ers are the problem since they sat/sit idly by while blaming previous and subsequent generations are blamed for failing to secure the future for our children and grandchildren. 

I'm sorry, the bolded portion doesn't seem to make sense grammatically.

• Disdain 1

Just now, Muda69 said:

I'm sorry, the bolded portion doesn't seem to make sense grammatically.

I know. I can't edit it again. See if you can understand this one. 

30 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

6 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I know. I can't edit it again. See if you can understand this one. 

Again, I don't understand.  But thank you for pointing out that I forgot the word "you" in my previous statement.  Unfortunately the edit window is now very, very short for posts, otherwise I would fix it.

Edited by Muda69
  • Disdain 1

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

Again, I don't understand.  But think you for pointing out that I forgot the word "you" in my previous statement.  Unfortunately the edit window is now very, very short for posts, otherwise I would fix it.

I don't understand.

• Haha 1