Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 41 Primer

The sectionals are finally here and we have a great slate of matchups for our first week.  There is a lot to digest after a great a season from all the teams represented in sectional 41.  Winamac and North Judson are the top tier teams in the sectional and as long as both teams take care of business, as expected, in round 1 we should see a great matchup between too highly respected teams.  Culver, SC, and South Newton all have a viable chance to come out of the top portion of the bracket.  Caston struggled against conference opponents this season so the SC matchup in round 1 may be great for the comets.  Lake Station was able to win a couple games this season.  As compared to last year or two years ago, it seems, all teams in sectional 41 are making progress and taking the right steps to improving their programs.  Below you will see the tournament chances from JH.  Let's get the conversation going.  Who ya got in week 1 matchups? Let's hear those hot takes on your sectional finals pairing as well as your winner.  

SECTIONAL 41
  SECT REGN SEMI STATE
Winamac 52.96% 43.03% 18.44% 7.23%
North Judson 26.87% 19.32% 6.28% 1.82%
South Central (Union Mills) 9.78% 5.22% 1.00% .17%
Culver 7.07% 3.31% .52% .07%
Caston 2.42% .94% .11% .01%
South Newton .76% .21% .02% .00%
West Central .09% .02% .00% .00%
Lake Station .04% .01% .00% .00%

Week 1 Matchups:

Caston [2-7] at South Central (Union Mills) [4-3]
South Newton [5-4] at Culver [2-5]
Winamac [7-0] at West Central [2-7]
Lake Station [2-5] at North Judson [6-3]
Edited by Duke of Denham

On 10/18/2021 at 9:12 AM, FarmerFran said:

Question for the Judson fans-

Why did Allen only touch the ball 10 times against Pioneer and why isn't he playing fullback? When they play Winamac he better get at least 20 touches if they want to win. He was by far their best offensive weapon

No clue really. Could be trying to hide stuff for the anticipated sectional matchup with Winamac or trying to keep him healthy.

He's definitely their best player.

8 hours ago, littledog said:

No clue really. Could be trying to hide stuff for the anticipated sectional matchup with Winamac or trying to keep him healthy.

He's definitely their best player.

He is. 

I think the difference maker for the Jays will be if Aldric Harper can complete some passes. Everyone knows they can run the ball but if they are able to throw it decent enough, they'll be a very tough out. 

Caston [2-7] at South Central (Union Mills) [4-3]
South Newton [5-4] at Culver [2-5]
Winamac [7-0] at West Central [2-7]
Lake Station [2-5] at North Judson [6-3]

I am with @FinePrint on the picks this week. I believe the HNAC had stronger conference play throughout the year than most small schools.

Caston by a touchdown

Culver will slow things down for SN. Culver by 12

Winamac by 40

Jays by 50

Edited by footballer_02

1 hour ago, RingLeader said:

Winamac has a nice team and 1A seems ripe for the picking.  Judson has some nice players but not sure they have the offensive fire power to stay with Winamac. 
That said Winamac schedule has been very weak thus far opponent records of 25-49

So maybe they won’t get out of their own sectional?

2 hours ago, RingLeader said:

Winamac has a nice team and 1A seems ripe for the picking.  Judson has some nice players but not sure they have the offensive fire power to stay with Winamac. 
That said Winamac schedule has been very weak thus far opponent records of 25-49

It has been weak yes but they've taken care of business though. 

1 hour ago, southend said:

So maybe they won’t get out of their own sectional?

I think they have a very good chance at doing so. 

They are much better offensively and defensively compared to last season. 

I think North Judson's defense is better compared to last season but offensively I don't think they are (they miss redlin and Marin up front and the blount twins at wings). Coach Lambert and Coach Howard will have them ready to go. 

3 hours ago, CrocSmack said:

You have to congratulate SN on the turn-around this year. Any chance they make it to see Winamac/Judson in the final?

There is definitely a chance.  Tonight will be an indicator of how the HNAC plays.  SN has a very potent offenses, so I don’t see a 5 loss team slowing them down all that much, let alone winning by 12.

29 minutes ago, Gipper said:

There is definitely a chance.  Tonight will be an indicator of how the HNAC plays.  SN has a very potent offenses, so I don’t see a 5 loss team slowing them down all that much, let alone winning by 12.

Maybe, maybe not. I'm betting if SN played Culver's schedule they would have 5+ losses as well, but those losses mean nothing now. I think the winner of this game represents the north part of the bracket. 

22 hours ago, WalterSobchak said:

I'd say it would be between Carroll, Traders Point or Clinton Prairie. 

In think Traders Point might shock folks.  In the last three seasons, they've been the sectional bridesmaid twice, once to eventual 1A winner LCC who finally wore them down in the second half ... and last season had to forfeit in the sectionals due to COVID.

1 hour ago, footballer_02 said:

Maybe, maybe not. I'm betting if SN played Culver's schedule they would have 5+ losses as well, but those losses mean nothing now. I think the winner of this game represents the north part of the bracket. 

You have no way of knowing that as you can throw all of the predestination crap out of the window.  The Culver game will be a good test for the Rebels.  SN has played well against inferior competition this year and just needs to tweak their offense a little more.

Edited by Gipper

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

You have no way of knowing that as you can throw all of the predestination crap out of the window.  The Culver game will be a good test for the Rebels.  SN has played well against inferior competition this year and just needs to tweak their offense a little more.

I'll eat crow if this backfires but Tri County, Frontier, North White and West Central are awful. Attica is terrible. 

Culver is way more battle tested by playing Pioneer, North Judson, Winamac and LaVille. 

Culver is big, physical and can control the clock via their offense. 

I could see this be a Culver win by 3 TDs. 

• Kill me now 1

4 hours ago, footballer_02 said:

South Newton would probably have 1 win if they played Culver's full schedule. 

MWC is bad. Caston would have won it this year and maybe even last year. 

• Like 1