Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 41 Primer

8 hours ago, WalterSobchak said:

South Newton would probably have 1 win if they played Culver's full schedule. 

MWC is bad. Caston would have won it this year and maybe even last year. 

You were right. Culver ran the ball at will on SN. Their quarterback was impressive with his scrambling and threw a nice ball, But the Rebels defense couldn’t get off the field. Was a running clock for most of 2nd half

13 hours ago, Gipper said:

There is definitely a chance.  Tonight will be an indicator of how the HNAC plays.  SN has a very potent offenses, so I don’t see a 5 loss team slowing them down all that much, let alone winning by 12.

What was your honest impression of how the HNAC plays? Based on the score looks like you guys put up some points, but looks like they Culver boys won by more than 12. 

16 hours ago, FinePrint said:

What happened to Caston?  I thought they would give SCUM a little bit more than that!  But 470 rushing yards for Culver!  Wow.  A little disappointed in their defense though.

Should be a couple of pretty good games next week.

Culver’s defense still struggles against pass but is improving. SN figured out early they could not run up the middle against Culver’s line and unleashed the quarterback to scramble and wing the ball around. He was impressive at times, but had 3 turnovers (2 picks and a fumble)

With week one in the books we saw some great first round action from all teams.  Culver exploded on offense.  Winamac had the running clock in the second half.  South Central got the job done.  Lake station forfeited to North Judson.  We have two great games this Friday.  

South Central @ Culver

North Judson @ Winamac 

Edited by Duke of Denham

On 10/22/2021 at 11:34 PM, AubbeenaubeeCav said:

You were right. Culver ran the ball at will on SN. Their quarterback was impressive with his scrambling and threw a nice ball, But the Rebels defense couldn’t get off the field. Was a running clock for most of 2nd half

Kudos to Coach Zehner and Culver. They were well prepared and exactly what we thought they were. We do not see a lot of power running football teams on our schedule like that. Starting 5 Freshman on Defense opened their eyes. I wouldn't change it for the world. Coming from not winning a game in 4 years to finishing 5-5. That is a solid year especially missing our QB in 2 games.

I knew we had to play near perfect on offense to keep close. And we did not play perfect, but we kept it respectable. Good luck to Culver this week. I expect them to win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoachDurham said:

Kudos to Coach Zehner and Culver. They were well prepared and exactly what we thought they were. We do not see a lot of power running football teams on our schedule like that. Starting 5 Freshman on Defense opened their eyes. I wouldn't change it for the world. Coming from not winning a game in 4 years to finishing 5-5. That is a solid year especially missing our QB in 2 games.

I knew we had to play near perfect on offense to keep close. And we did not play perfect, but we kept it respectable. Good luck to Culver this week. I expect them to win.

Congrats on a great season! You guys have to be excited for the future with as many young guys you played.

1 hour ago, FarmerFran said:

Congrats on a great season! You guys have to be excited for the future with as many young guys you played.

Thank you, while we are excited for the future. We have 2 very big shoes to fill with losing 2 starters on both sides of the ball. But the next guys up are in place.

2 hours ago, CrocSmack said:

I anticipate neither fanbase wants the other to have much bulletin board material. Winner of this game gets a 2nd win on the season over a team with a record over .500. 

Thinking same thing

gag order has been put in place

If Allen doesnt carry the load it won’t matter and if NJ can’t slow 18 or 1 they won’t have a chance either.  
From what I have seen of 1A this is a golden opportunity for either team to get to Lucas Oil. 

4 hours ago, CrocSmack said:

I anticipate neither fanbase wants the other to have much bulletin board material. Winner of this game gets a 2nd win on the season over a team with a record over .500. 

I don't think either team will need much. 

North Judson is still mad they lost last season. Winamac has been humming along and probably wants to show the area last year wasn't a fluke. 

When both teams are good, neither team needs any extra motivation. This is a rivalry game. 

1 hour ago, RingLeader said:

Thinking same thing

gag order has been put in place

If Allen doesnt carry the load it won’t matter and if NJ can’t slow 18 or 1 they won’t have a chance either.  
From what I have seen of 1A this is a golden opportunity for either team to get to Lucas Oil. 

Allen and Harper will show up for North Judson. 

Clark and Compton will show up for Winamac. 

It'll come down to line play, turnover battle, both kickers, passing game and if the teams 3rd and 4th options offensively have big games. This game should be much like the 83/84 games. Intense, hard hitting and low scoring. 

Edited by WalterSobchak

17 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

There’s only one Winamac fan on here and Judson won’t be on unless they win 😂

Judson will be pretty quiet again next week if Coach Lambert only gives Allen the ball 10 times again….

I mean... we do prefer to talk after we win. lol I'm just really not sure how the game is going to go.

Judson is more battle tested but I'm not as sold on them as others due to their lack of size. 

ANDDD Winamac is still a mystery to us all. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, littledog said:

I mean... we do prefer to talk after we win. lol I'm just really not sure how the game is going to go.

Judson is more battle tested but I'm not as sold on them as others due to their lack of size. 

20/20 hindsight usually has the most dependability ... and the worst payout in gambling odds. 😀

2 hours ago, footballer_02 said:

Come on, we don't have a McDonald's here in Judson!

Can attest to that.  Was heading up 421 heading to Union Mills for a baseball tourney.  Saw a sign on 421 for North Judson that just said simply, "Somewhere over there."

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, littledog said:

To be honest, Winamac's kids are battle tested. Bentle, Perry and Good didn't play football last year.  Holehan and Klingerman.. Didn't play football at winamac last season but Winamac has four kids that have started for 4 seasons+ the kicker and four more kids with 3 years of varsity starting. Seymour, Brown, Bell, Pratt, Heater, Jones and Bucinski are in their 2nd year of varsity. 

They played LaVille, North Judson twice last season and LCC. Covid took the Pioneer game from being what it should have been and eliminated both LaVille and Judson games.

Winamac shouldn't be a mystery to any HNAC squad. They are a well coached team that's physical, has size up front and some quick skilled guys with Russell Compton leading the way. 

Edited by WalterSobchak

12 hours ago, WalterSobchak said:

To be honest, Winamac's kids are battle tested. Bentle, Perry and Good didn't play football last year.  Holehan and Klingerman.. Didn't play football at winamac last season but Winamac has four kids that have started for 4 seasons+ the kicker and four more kids with 3 years of varsity starting. Seymour, Brown, Bell, Pratt, Heater, Jones and Bucinski are in their 2nd year of varsity. 

They played LaVille, North Judson twice last season and LCC. Covid took the Pioneer game from being what it should have been and eliminated both LaVille and Judson games.

Winamac shouldn't be a mystery to any HNAC squad. They are a well coached team that's physical, has size up front and some quick skilled guys with Russell Compton leading the way. 

I'd disagree with the statement that this year's Winamac team is battle tested. I think current year experience is more important that total career experience with how much things change from season to season. I just don't think Winamac has played any valid opponents this season to date. I think Winamac did luck out with Judson not playing last week. Yes Judson got to rest up, but missing a week of live action can make you rusty quick.

55 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

I'd disagree with the statement that this year's Winamac team is battle tested. I think current year experience is more important that total career experience with how much things change from season to season. I just don't think Winamac has played any valid opponents this season to date. I think Winamac did luck out with Judson not playing last week. Yes Judson got to rest up, but missing a week of live action can make you rusty quick.

Quality of games over quantity is key.

On 10/8/2021 at 2:40 PM, Offintheyard said:

After having seen just about everyone play or watched film these are just some observations from my soapbox. These final 2 weeks will tell us how good this NJ team is. My opinion is that they have to be the heavy favorites to win sectional if they can win these next 2 games. They played a really good TV team to the wire. They had chances to win that game. Also the CMA game was closer than the final score appears. Let's be honest, nobody in the HNAC has the size and speed of CMA. They had breaks go their way and eventually wore down the Jays. NJ looks like they could have the best chances make a deep run in the playoffs. 

Staying in that sectional, Culver would have a chance to win it if they could hang onto the ball and actually learn to play defense. Kind of surprised by this as the HC is a defensive coach. That clock burning offense is so powerful and works very well for the athletes that they have but they are their own worst enemy. That offense is the best defense that they have.

Winamac hasn't shown us anything. They beat a depleted Pioneer team and then avoided missed playing a strong defensive LV team. There is talent in that Sr class but I think the talent in NJ might be better.

If Pioneer can ever get healthy and get a full time QB, they could be a tough out in their sectional. They may be down but from what I have seen, it won't be for long. LV has been playing great D all year. If they can get healthy as well and get the O figured out, they could be poised to make a deep playoff run. 

As usual, time will tell. 

I'll just leave this here from 2 weeks ago.

Congrats to Culver on the shutout!! Congrats to NJ on the W.

Could be a good game next week.