Jump to content
The Gridiron Digest

Sectional 41 Primer


Recommended Posts

The fall and rise of Spanky Harper

written, dictacted, and edited by Spanky Harper

 

people been asking me where ya been Spanky?  first and foreskin, the sexual championship game between the jays and warriors in 2020 was a ruff outing for Spanky.  prolapsed my anus ruff.  i was for sure the jays would pull-out the victory, but it was jim hendrix who ended up pulling out.  Pulled out of most of the games he has coached at winamac.  to be completely honest, after the sectional championship game, i went to horseshoe bend with a .45 and a bottle of wyld turkee.  i sat there on a log staring out into the ether.  i saw my entire football life pass before my eyes.  i remember the up-downs and all-day practices.  I wept as i reflected on the glory daze.  i new that the jays had let a golden shower opportunity slip through there crack.  as i took the last drink of wyld turkee i new that this was it for Spanky.  tears welled in my eyes as i felt the cold steel press against my temple.  it was at this moment i heard the voice of an angel.  

 

across the water, i saw the visage of Hank Orkis.  i heard his voice call to my soul, “Harper, get down the line you sumbich!  I didnt waste all those summers from ‘89-’92 on you to quit on me now!”  i dropped the wyld turkee to the ground and threw my .45 in the water.  i stumbled back to my pontiac fiero and shredded tires all the way back to my trailer in toto.  Skynyrd blastin oooo that smell as i ripped it sideways through ross rattkey’s yard.  

 

and this somehow brings me to tonite. By hook or crook this team continues to find a way to win.  With each them jays grow a lil more stout.  A lil more confident.  Coach Lampert has yet to unleash the full potential of this team.  When that day cums watch out bc that Bensun kid is a monster.  young cheyanne has been explosive all year for them jays.  and that Harper QB, no relation, is getting the experience he needs to lead this team in the playoffs.  I’ll be watching and waiting from my airplane.  just look to the sky and if you squint hard enough u will see me there just beyond the horizon.  Rippin it sideways, always.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tip your hats to the Jays. They had a great game plan and executed very well. 

Winamac had at least five turnovers. The pick that I believe Aldric Harper had right before half (did a great job at staying home) was a major back breaker. I also thought when they scrub kicked it after they scored to go up 6-0 and recovered gave them a lot of momentum. 

I know both teams played on the same field but the playing conditions absolutely helped north judson more than Winamac. Judson is a very up the middle type team where Winamac is more to the outside and some passing. 

I think last years loss was great motivation for the jays and it showed. 

 

I'll always wonder why Winamac didn't go to a 5 man front either at all or hardly tonight. 

 

Edited by WalterSobchak
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congrats to the Jays. Didn’t see them winning against the Warriors, especially by such a large margin.

Culver executed their game plan to control the ball against SC in sloppy conditions. Rained pretty hard the whole game, which made it tough to do much but run up the middle. Defense stepped up with big games from Reno and Alex Zehner, and Ben Lee.  They will need to continue to improve to stop a strong Bluejays team next week.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, AubbeenaubeeCav said:

Congrats to the Jays. Didn’t see them winning against the Warriors, especially by such a large margin.

Culver executed their game plan to control the ball against SC in sloppy conditions. Rained pretty hard the whole game, which made it tough to do much but run up the middle. Defense stepped up with big games from Reno and Alex Zehner, and Ben Lee.  They will need to continue to improve to stop a strong Bluejays team next week.  

I was shocked by how much the Jays won but I wasn't too shocked they did. They are a very well coached team and The jays wanted revenge and got it in a big way. 

It was pretty much a reversal of last season. The jays came in over confident and winamac wasn't good enough to drill them but beat them. This season I think this year Winamac was judson of last year and Judson was solid enough to beat the brakes off them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2021 at 9:32 AM, littledog said:

HNAC had quite the showing.

jays came out and smacked them in the face. I guess they were more battle tested after all.

Kind of ironic that the only teams that are sitting home this week include Winamac and Caston.  First and last place have to watch as everyone else chases a trophy.  Someone earlier in the season said that the teams in the middle and bottom are closing the gap and I believe that whole heartedly.  This was the tightest HNAC season since it's inception.  

Jays were the more battle tested team for sure.  They had seen "faster" and more aggressive teams already.  It only took a few plays to see that Winamac was going to struggle with Judson's size and speed.  It also showed that when they're down two scores they completely unraveled.  On one drive alone they had 45 yards in personal foul penalties and everyone in the crowd knew the game was over at the point because they were watching the kids quit on their team.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Duke of Denham said:

Kind of ironic that the only teams that are sitting home this week include Winamac and Caston.  First and last place have to watch as everyone else chases a trophy.  Someone earlier in the season said that the teams in the middle and bottom are closing the gap and I believe that whole heartedly.  This was the tightest HNAC season since it's inception.  

I think '22 should be even better.  Winamac loses 20 some seniors, but most other teams have a lot coming back!   I think I saw that LaVille only has 1 senior on this year's team.  Triton has no senior starters on offense and just a couple on D.  Knox will be better.  Culver will have plenty back.  Judson has Allen and some others returning.  Pioneer will reload as they always do.  Let's hope we have COVID behind us and teams can settle things on the field next year!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RingLeader said:

So with Winamac loss North Judson, Pioneer, and Winamac will share conference title?

No. They didn't do a conference championship last year even though it  was obvious Pioneer was the best team, they shouldn't do one this season.

I think had LaVille been able to play Winamac and had Winamac been able to play North Judson..then you could have decided who conference champions are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, WalterSobchak said:

No. They didn't do a conference championship last year even though it  was obvious Pioneer was the best team, they shouldn't do one this season.

I think had LaVille been able to play Winamac and had Winamac been able to play North Judson..then you could have decided who conference champions are. 

Actually they did award conference championship to Pioneer after Pioneer beat Laville in sectional 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RingLeader said:

Actually they did award conference championship to Pioneer after Pioneer beat Laville in sectional 

Fans yes. Last I knew the conference as a whole didn't declare anyone. If they did. It was pretty easy to see Pioneer was. This year not so much. 

We as fans don't know how the Winamac Vs Laville or Winamac Vs Judson games would have went week 4 and week 5. 

Edited by WalterSobchak
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Duke of Denham said:

It’s championship week and it’s time to crown a winner in Sectiona 41.  Culver comes in with their ground and pound running on all cylinders.  North Judson is rolling after ending Winamac’s perfect season.  Only one can be crowned champ.  So, who ya got? 
 

Culver @ North Judson 

Judson by 2-3 scores. Fully expect Judson in semistate versus Adams Central.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FarmerFran said:

Judson by 2-3 scores. Fully expect Judson in semistate versus Adams Central.

Agree although Culver’s style and NJ big win hangover could factor early 

Also think NJ should make SS

Have seen AC play Eastside, Busco, Swood and not seeing the slam dunk AC in the Can. AC looks pretty small and NJ physical style might just get it done

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Redemption on Bluejay Drive

Written, edited, and dictated by Spanky Harper

Spanky’s fiero has been redlined since about 9pm tonight.  makin the victory rounds all over the greater judson area.  my first stop was the oasis where i collected $14 dollars in pull-tabs and got a lapdance from an old bar whore who back in ‘92 had a face like Melanie Griffith but tonight she looked more like andy griffith.  after a lap through san pierre I hit up my second ex-wife for a few moments of joy and months of subsequent shame.  I burnt up the denham blacktop all the way back to toto.  I cut the lights and crept up the drive to Ross Rattkey’s.  It seemed there was some kind of family function going on because bo, luke, duke, shane, and tyger were there.  I cranked my alpine stereo to maxxx and blasted poison’s nuttin but a good time.  That shit rips.  

Few things in this life are as sweet as winning a sexual championship.  I knew it was going to be a magical night when i saw coach cox in the crowd.  I was buying a pretzel and a sausage when a silver haired saint appeared.  coach cox came up to me and said “spanky how ya been you sumbich?”  tonight, Aldric Harper, no relation, was magical.  He lead them jays to winning there 14th sectional title.  Cheyanne Allen ran wild as usual.  the fraziers, the Bensuns, and the Rattkey’s all made big plays for them jays throughout the night.   It was total team domination from start to finish.  

 

Spankin by the numbers:

0- Number of times the jays have lost to culver under coach lampert

2- Number of sectional titles for coach lampert

3- Number of ex-wives for Spanky

6- Number of times the bluejays have beat culver under coach lampert

14- Number of sectional titles for the bluejays

69- Number of days since Spanky's last DUI

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2021 at 9:19 AM, RingLeader said:

Agree although Culver’s style and NJ big win hangover could factor early 

Also think NJ should make SS

Have seen AC play Eastside, Busco, Swood and not seeing the slam dunk AC in the Can. AC looks pretty small and NJ physical style might just get it done

I think AC's speed will be the difference. If they play in a monsoon. I'll take NJ. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Spanky Harper said:

Redemption on Bluejay Drive

Written, edited, and dictated by Spanky Harper

Spanky’s fiero has been redlined since about 9pm tonight.  makin the victory rounds all over the greater judson area.  my first stop was the oasis where i collected $14 dollars in pull-tabs and got a lapdance from an old bar whore who back in ‘92 had a face like Melanie Griffith but tonight she looked more like andy griffith.  after a lap through san pierre I hit up my second ex-wife for a few moments of joy and months of subsequent shame.  I burnt up the denham blacktop all the way back to toto.  I cut the lights and crept up the drive to Ross Rattkey’s.  It seemed there was some kind of family function going on because bo, luke, duke, shane, and tyger were there.  I cranked my alpine stereo to maxxx and blasted poison’s nuttin but a good time.  That shit rips.  

Few things in this life are as sweet as winning a sexual championship.  I knew it was going to be a magical night when i saw coach cox in the crowd.  I was buying a pretzel and a sausage when a silver haired saint appeared.  coach cox came up to me and said “spanky how ya been you sumbich?”  tonight, Aldric Harper, no relation, was magical.  He lead them jays to winning there 14th sectional title.  Cheyanne Allen ran wild as usual.  the fraziers, the Bensuns, and the Rattkey’s all made big plays for them jays throughout the night.   It was total team domination from start to finish.  

 

Spankin by the numbers:

0- Number of times the jays have lost to culver under coach lampert

2- Number of sectional titles for coach lampert

3- Number of ex-wives for Spanky

6- Number of times the bluejays have beat culver under coach lampert

14- Number of sectional titles for the bluejays

69- Number of days since Spanky's last DUI

Nice take. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...