Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A Tournament has it changed?

7 minutes ago, globemstr3 said:

I thought the Semi-State would determine which school from the North would face the South at Lucas Oil for the Final. Has that changed? I see LCC could represent the South in 2A. Help me out here. Looks like its true and if so lets remap the whole tournament. 

I think it's more convenience than anything else ... LCC was odd-man out in the SF re-structure.  WeBo moved up to 3A with SF and LCC moved up to 2A.  Frankly, I think the IHSAA was like "Hey look, here's a table with an open seat" and that's where the new guy, LCC ended up this time.

14 minutes ago, globemstr3 said:

I thought the Semi-State would determine which school from the North would face the South at Lucas Oil for the Final. Has that changed? I see LCC could represent the South in 2A. Help me out here. Looks like its true and if so lets remap the whole tournament. 

They are! They are in Sectional 37 with Monrovia and Speedway. That’s a pretty solid sectional for LCC honestly. I do expect them to come out of it still but I do see it being competitive.

There is a band across Central Indiana. From about Lafayette to Marion along the North of that band, and the Northern half of Marion County at the Southern end; you will see teams regularly switch from the North to the South and Vice Versa in the smaller classes. Marion has been in our sectional in years past, but when they went to Semi State a couple years ago, they were in the Southern half of sectionals. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2021 at 11:01 AM, WCGrad92 said:

the only reason LCC is in the South part of the bracket, is they just replaced Western Boone, as they had moved up to 3A. Since we did no shuffling, it was just a replace with said team here cause there is room.

And that is a shame. But that's why...stroke of the pen.

15 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Why is it a shame?  The teams n drives r familiar to Lcc... its a pretty logical fit... n convient to the Indy area... seems fine... mayb better than the reg season...

My point was only I thought It was team representing the North and this team the South at the Can. In all honesty how could I the (South) accept LCC representing the South? Rally Round Boys   a Lafayette school is gonna represent us? I think NOT. Is that clear enough?

8 minutes ago, globemstr3 said:

My point was only I thought It was team representing the North and this team the South at the Can. In all honesty how could I the (South) accept LCC representing the South? Rally Round Boys   a Lafayette school is gonna represent us? I think NOT. Is that clear enough?

In all honestly, LCC doesn't usually get any rallying even when they are in the north.

In the past, folks in the north and south didn't have much problem rallying round Sheridan in the glory days depending on where the lines were drawn.  Yeah, it's odd seeing LCC in the south, but I suspect that if LCC somehow makes it all the way to LOS ... Harrell's gives them a 1.95% of that happening, so this discussion may be over long before Thanksgiving ... there'll be a lot more complaining about two P/Ps in LOS 2A than a "carpetbagger" representing the south.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foxbat said:

In all honestly, LCC doesn't usually get any rallying even when they are in the north.

In the past, folks in the north and south didn't have much problem rallying round Sheridan in the glory days depending on where the lines were drawn.  Yeah, it's odd seeing LCC in the south, but I suspect that if LCC somehow makes it all the way to LOS ... Harrell's gives them a 1.95% of that happening, so this discussion may be over long before Thanksgiving ... there'll be a lot more complaining about two P/Ps in LOS 2A than a "carpetbagger" representing the south.

Carpet bagger... 😄    ya dug deep 4 dat one.... tooo funny....

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

Carpet bagger... 😄    ya dug deep 4 dat one.... tooo funny....

Well, I'm from the south, so that's one of the top ten words I use on a daily basis.

That and "fixinta" ... as in, "I'm fixinta head to the grocery store." 😀

20 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Well, I'm from the south, so that's one of the top ten words I use on a daily basis.

That and "fixinta" ... as in, "I'm fixinta head to the grocery store." 😀

I'm willing to bet you know your gasintas also.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I'm willing to bet you know your gasintas also.

Learned from the master Prof. Bodine ... then I did a little advance math studies from Dr. Lou at the School of the Streets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/20/2021 at 5:38 PM, foxbat said:

N what if 2A SemiState becomes a Catholic FB Jamboree?

9 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

N what if 2A SemiState becomes a Catholic FB Jamboree?

It'll just end up being a couple of extra posts in the traditional end-of-season, sky-is-falling, end-of-the-world, doom-and-gloom, Indiana-football-is-dead, kill-them-all ... sorry, got carried away ... thread after the state championship games' weekend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1