Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Luers moves game

5 minutes ago, jakone said:

Why What?

Why ask why?

Were the sprinklers not working at Luers field?  Asking for a friend.

Lord, I apologize for that there.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, temptation said:

Why?

2 wins on Dwengers turf in a year is better than one. 

I tease, Luers field got pretty tore up after the snider game. A lot of rain the day before the game. Thanks to Dwenger for allowing use this Friday good luck to the saints in tournament play. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Why ask why?

Were the sprinklers not working at Luers field?  Asking for a friend.

Lord, I apologize for that there.

Grass was cut too short.... Sprinkler and MIracle Gro couldn't get it to the mandatory 6inch blades required for play...

For a school with a  great winning tradition in football, Luers has the worst facilities of any successful programs in the state.  Talking about playing field, press box, concession stand, restrooms. dressing rooms  etc.  Most schools with multiple state championship have just outstanding facilities, except Luers.  I don't blame them for moving to Dwenger.  Any place is better than  Luers.

19 minutes ago, johnny U said:

For a school with a  great winning tradition in football, Luers has the worst facilities of any successful programs in the state.  Talking about playing field, press box, concession stand, restrooms. dressing rooms  etc.  Most schools with multiple state championship have just outstanding facilities, except Luers.  I don't blame them for moving to Dwenger.  Any place is better than  Luers.

Snider and Cathedral have no varsity facilities, so your comment isn't entirely accurate. 

• Like 1

Luers has moved games before due to weather. Only usually happens when there’s a pour down like last week. Fort Wayne got over an inch of rain from Thursday evening into Friday afternoon. It was a mess out there. I’m sure ANY grass surface wouldn’t hold up after an inch of rainfall with 2 top teams like Snider and Luers gettin after it.

7 minutes ago, johnny U said:

OK, Luers field is better than Cathedral and Snider, but not by much.

You clearly have never seen the fields at Fort Wayne North, South or Wayne High schools. All are in MUCH worse shape than Luersfield. Spuller Stadium (Snider,Northrop) was bad before the turf and I’ve heard so many bad stories about Arlingtons field down there for Cathedral. 

52 minutes ago, johnny U said:

It's frustrating for Luers parents and fans when we see one public school after another getting field turf paid for by taxes that they have to pay into. By  the way I'd rather have crap facilities than a crap program.

12 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

You clearly have never seen the fields at Fort Wayne North, South or Wayne High schools. All are in MUCH worse shape than Luersfield. Spuller Stadium (Snider,Northrop) was bad before the turf and I’ve heard so many bad stories about Arlingtons field down there for Cathedral. 

local TV coverage offers perspective for the CG vs Cathedral game at Arlington...see 30 sec mark...and that was before the game.  Very difficult to get to the outside, cut, etc.  Definitely slowed the game down.  Not sure how the fields compare.

1 hour ago, jakone said:

It's frustrating for Luers parents and fans when we see one public school after another getting field turf paid for by taxes that they have to pay into. By  the way I'd rather have crap facilities than a crap program.

How about splitting a new stadium/field with Snider? That way we wouldn't have to see that hideous Bruin 6+ times a year lol

1 hour ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

North, South, or Wayne don't have the winning tradition Luers  has.  As stated before most schools with winning tradition have good facilities, but not Luers.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, johnny U said:

North, South, or Wayne don't have the winning tradition Luers  has.  As stated before most schools with winning tradition have good facilities, but not Luers.

Throw that winning tradition out the window. Us Miners sorta think we have a winning tradition as well and play on grass. I dont recall Linton ever changing locations for a game but I think maybe 1. Kudos to Luers for being able to do that. Although its a drag for the fans and players IMHO it shows sportsman ship. Their field is trashed I guess and had the guts to call Kings X here. You gotta love it!

2 hours ago, jakone said:

My understanding is that most schools fund their turf privately but I admittedly don't know the details on many of them.  Penn has had turf for a long time now but I recall them soliciting private donations for it.  Still surprising to me that Luers can't find a way to fund it.  Off the top of my head, I know they have professional football and baseball players that have made pretty good money and I'm sure there are some other wealthy families in the fold.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, XStar said:

My understanding is that most schools fund their turf privately but I admittedly don't know the details on many of them.  Penn has had turf for a long time now but I recall them soliciting private donations for it.  Still surprising to me that Luers can't find a way to fund it.  Off the top of my head, I know they have professional football and baseball players that have made pretty good money and I'm sure there are some other wealthy families in the fold.  

Maybe its like Linton. They dont want to do it?

4 hours ago, johnny U said:

You need to visit The Pit at Pioneer to compare!  Two of Coach Nowlin favorite facilities.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Wayne is getting turf AFTER this season.  The new Superintendent is also fast tracking turf for North and South...so that issue will be eliminated as it pertains to FWCS. 

There are all sorts of "rumors" as to why/who offered to fund turf for Luers.  No need to get into that...but as of now, they don't have turf.  But I assure you that prominent former players did offer to fund a turf field.  It just didn't/hasn't happened.

• Like 3
  • Disdain 1