Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Luers moves game

2 hours ago, Mebuck said:

Play on Saturday at Shields field. Would love to see that game.

I doubt they’d do a Saturday game only due to the fact that most officiating crews that are assigned on to fridays games also do games on saturdays. Most importantly though, Luers first has to take care of business on Friday night against Prairie Heights and then they can worry about home field conditions.

On 10/22/2021 at 4:06 AM, BTF said:

Lol, Luers 8-1 record this year has nothing to do with the SAC being down. 

Homestead has three losses this year because Snider, Carroll, and Luers have trended up. If the latter three programs were the same as last year, Homestead would be undefeated again. At the very minimum, the SAC is as good as they were the previous two years. 

Homestead and Dwenger being down this year doesn't qualify the SAC as being down since the other big three are having up years. The Spartans are "down", but not by very much. 

I just got to re-reading this and I completely agree. Was the SAC “down” last year when Homestead and Dwenger went 8-1 in the league? Carroll was 7-2, Snider 5-4 and Luers 3-6. This year you got 3 teams 8-1 one 6-3 and the other 5-4. I’m no expert but i personally thought this season was much more competitive.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

I just got to re-reading this and I completely agree. Was the SAC “down” last year when Homestead and Dwenger went 8-1 in the league? Carroll was 7-2, Snider 5-4 and Luers 3-6. This year you got 3 teams 8-1 one 6-3 and the other 5-4. I’m no expert but i personally thought this season was much more competitive.

The SAC was NOT "down"...  the middling teams were 'down'.  The top of the conference was, IMO, just fine.  

It didn't help that Wayne, North and Concordia were re-grouping and not to level that most thought they could be.  South has done a fine job under Coach Lee of taking steps that will lead them to be a factor in the years to come.  

Make no mistake, for the SAC to be "down" it would be a situation where you'd have a conference full of .500 teams all beating up on each other.  Just because Luers was a force as a 2A school, THAT is not the impedance for anyone to think the conference was/is not a factor in the IHSAA playoffs.  

7 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Is st. Francis an option..didn't they play a game there a few years back? Maybe it was a scrimmage?

It always is, but my experience with using USF is that it really isn't the most conducive arena to HS FB.   Terrible sight lines, and not a good experience for visiting teams with the seating arrangement.  

But, yes it could and is an option in this situation in the FW area.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

It always is, but my experience with using USF is that it really isn't the most conducive arena to HS FB.   Terrible sight lines, and not a good experience for visiting teams with the seating arrangement.  

Can do what everyone used to do n play on the field given..just can't imagine how football was ever played back in the day when switching wasn't even an option.. play on the baseball field..ok..meet us in the parking lot..ok..now..not so much..I digress 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

The SAC was NOT "down"...  the middling teams were 'down'.  The top of the conference was, IMO, just fine.  

It didn't help that Wayne, North and Concordia were re-grouping and not to level that most thought they could be.  South has done a fine job under Coach Lee of taking steps that will lead them to be a factor in the years to come.  

Make no mistake, for the SAC to be "down" it would be a situation where you'd have a conference full of .500 teams all beating up on each other.  Just because Luers was a force as a 2A school, THAT is not the impedance for anyone to think the conference was/is not a factor in the IHSAA playoffs.  

Completely agree. I think next year we’ll see strides from every FWCS program. Each school has talent in the underclasses. I think next year could be even more competitive in the SAC. 

When I heard that particular take, I thought no way this conference is down. Indiana HS Football as a whole is on the rise and the SAC is arguably a top 5 conference in the state, even with teams like South and Wayne rebuilding and under new leadership. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Dwenger used USF for a few years. They were trying to work out an agreement to move all home games there. But they couldn't agree on  Concession stands. Then BD built their own. 

My memory may be a bit foggy on this, but for some reason, I am thinking the IHSAA or maybe even St. Francis said no more high school games. We played Dwenger in the playoffs, and with the rain, the hashmarks were difficult to see. College hashmarks are narrower. USF had painted them on the field. The goal posts are narrower too, and that could impact a game. USF does not have high school posts that can easily go up. But I think it was ultimately the seating situation that lead to a decision to not play there.