Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Tournament Upsets/Darkhorses

5 hours ago, Screagle said:

Memorial and coach Hurley. 5 trips in 13 seasons. He’s pretty good at finding his way through the tournament. If they can find a way to beat Jasper anything is possible. He’s figured out how to win semi states when they are the underdogs. 

Memorial is the team in that sectional that could stand up to EC in Regional and Roncalli at Semistate. 

That is what I thought until I saw the score of the Castle game.  I know it was on grass, but 7 points???

13 hours ago, superjay said:

I one is talking about Evansville Mater Dei.  Losses to 9-0 Jasper and always tough 7-2 Memorial.  Other south sleepers Linton, Monrovia, Speedway, and LCC.  I think we are headed for another Luers vs Mater Dei final.

The Miners nip Mater Dei this year! We’re headed for a Linton vs Andrean final!! Mark it down

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Memorial is the team in that sectional that could stand up to EC in Regional and Roncalli at Semistate. 

That is what I thought until I saw the score of the Castle game.  I know it was on grass, but 7 points???

It was raining sideways.

9 hours ago, fenderbender said:

It was an interesting game..can’t be fumbling the ball inside your own 20

Man, not a single person on this entire thread thinks there is any possibility at all of Brownstown Central beating Lawrenceburg? Not even a long shot?

If my calculations, and guesses of winners are correct, I think we would get LB at home this year?

Week 1 - BC and LB both Home

Week 2 - BC at Batesville, LB hosts Charlestown

Week 3 - LB at BC

image.png.ed196f3e18775ae5a7fe281251bde079.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

It was an interesting game..can’t be fumbling the ball inside your own 20

Or muffing KO's and starting backed up to your own goal line 2-3 times.  Castle deserved the win.  We let the weather conditions dictate the outcome. 

15 hours ago, temptation said:

Eh, didn’t help em last year.

That was then, and this is now, right?  Last year is old news.

Just saying they seem to have an easier path than Westfield.  I do know Elkhart played Merrillville tough in the regional last year...so who knows?  

Never said an easier path guarantees a semi-state victory......but it does seem the Pirates have an easier journey than the Shamrocks.

• Like 1

The toughest game Merrillville will play may be tomorrow night. Crown Point is trending in the right direction, even though they lost last week. I would guess that with the second time, Crown Point will play different than what they did when Merrillville ran them off the field. So instead of a running clock in the 2nd qtr, it may be towards the end of the 3rd qtr. Other than this first game, the Region's best hope will continue to win by 30-40 points until semi-state. 

1 hour ago, HHPatriots said:

I find this problematic.  

He is on the coaching staff at L'burg, surely if something bad happened we would have heard.

Speak up bro, you are missed!

I'm assuming its more of a hiatus sort of thing.  Just when I was getting moderately fluent in STC-speak (after ~6 years of intense study and rigorous research), he starts to lurk.  I always looked forward to the EIAC updates and predictions.  C'mon, @StinkTownClown, it is the postseason and you're needed!! 

Another school in the south central part of the state that stepped it up this year, like Northview ,is Sweet Owen Valley. 3a school. In fact their only defeat in the regular, was redeemed the first sectional game. And they beat a 4a school that just beat Jasper. Schedule May not be as tough as the southern boys , but I think the south champ in 3a might have to go through the Patriots. 

16 hours ago, southend said:

Another school in the south central part of the state that stepped it up this year, like Northview ,is Sweet Owen Valley. 3a school. In fact their only defeat in the regular, was redeemed the first sectional game. And they beat a 4a school that just beat Jasper. Schedule May not be as tough as the southern boys , but I think the south champ in 3a might have to go through the Patriots. 

Quite possibly the coolest success story in the entire state that no one seems to be talking about.  The Patriots have been a bottom feeder for the last few years (12-39 over the past 5 prior to 2021 if my math is correct).  Cool story and have gained a fan in this guy.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 10:59 PM, southend said:

Coach Raetz has done a terrific job at Northview after leaving TH South. Northview has been solid for 7 or 8 years. They haven't got over that Sectional hump yet, but they have been solid. Was really impressed with their win over Jasper. If they beat Ev Reitz and Memorial beats Central could make for a very good Sectional Championship game in Brazil.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, temptation said:

Quite possibly the coolest success story in the entire state that no one seems to be talking about.  The Patriots have been a bottom feeder for the last few years (12-39 over the past 5 prior to 2021 if my math is correct).  Cool story and have gained a fan in this guy.

we used to scrimmage them every year...they were not very good...this is a great story!

45 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Coach Raetz has done a terrific job at Northview after leaving TH South. Northview has been solid for 7 or 8 years. They haven't got over that Sectional hump yet, but they have been solid. Was really impressed with their win over Jasper. If they beat Ev Reitz and Memorial beats Central could make for a very good Sectional Championship game in Brazil.

I admit to giving them short shrift and assuming their record was solely a result of a weak schedule.  Their win over a quality Jasper team  was clearly the biggest surprise of Week 1 of the playoffs.