Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Leo 32, East Noble 29

Another crazy game between the two schools.  I think the first meeting came down to Leo converting that 4th and 8 with 2 minutes to go, and this game can be pin pointed to a couple plays here or there that would have changed the outcome again.  

Really, really impressed with Barbour on that final drive.. Kid has ice in his veins.  

Such a shame it had to come in the opening round.

• Like 2

Leo still run the straight T?? If so, that’s a heckuva drive with under a minute to go to score and take the lead. 

Hope to see them in Lucas. Always entertaining to see a system that isn’t just zone left, zone right, RPO world. I’ll be rooting for them the rest of the way

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jets said:

Leo still run the straight T?? If so, that’s a heckuva drive with under a minute to go to score and take the lead. 

Hope to see them in Lucas. Always entertaining to see a system that isn’t just zone left, zone right, RPO world. I’ll be rooting for them the rest of the way

They went into a passing offense.  They picked EN apart with it. 

Credit to Leo for doing something I didn’t think they could do, which is go 4 wide and throw the ball. In my opinion, that was basically the Semi-State game for the North. Both of these teams would be favored in every other sectional.

It’s Leo’s year and I’ll be rooting for them the rest of the way.

1 hour ago, Mebuck said:

I would agree. Hell of a game.

Looks like Leo can pass if they need to. 

Two very good football teams that would nicely fit into the SAC. EN may be a little far, but Leo is a burb.

Edited by BTF

In town visiting family & watched highlights of this on the news. Looked like one of the better games in the area.

I know I'll get flamed for what I'm going to say, but, this 1st round matchup between two top-tier teams is a good argument for seeding. No way they should have seen each other this early. 

Edited by Bonecrusher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Knightmare said:

Credit to Leo for doing something I didn’t think they could do, which is go 4 wide and throw the ball. In my opinion, that was basically the Semi-State game for the North. Both of these teams would be favored in every other sectional.

It’s Leo’s year and I’ll be rooting for them the rest of the way.

Hobart would like a word with you…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

Good point, but I'll go with Leo in that one. 

Oh I could see that contest easily coming down to the last possession but calling Leo/East Noble “basically the semi state game for the north” is a bit premature.

I could also foresee New Prairie or Lowell making Leo sweat.

15 minutes ago, temptation said:

Oh I could see that contest easily coming down to the last possession but calling Leo/East Noble “basically the semi state game for the north” is a bit premature.

That was an amazing game to watch last night with some solid D1 recruits. I think everyone just got caught up in the moment. One of the players even mentioned after the game that beating East Noble was their championship. That line of thought could spell doom for them moving forward. New Prairie, Lowell, and Hobart will all have something to say about who goes to state. 

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

That was an amazing game to watch last night with some solid D1 recruits. I think everyone just got caught up in the moment. One of the players even mentioned after the game that beating East Noble was their championship. That line of thought could spell doom for them moving forward. New Prairie, Lowell, and Hobart will all have something to say about who goes to state. 

Yes!  I know they are kids and it is sometimes difficult to control emotions but how teams react to certain victories sometimes foreshadows their future…

2 hours ago, Bonecrusher said:

In town visiting family & watched highlights of this on the news. Looked like one of the better games in the area.

I know I'll get flamed for what I'm going to say, but, this 1st round matchup between two top-tier teams is a good argument for seeding. No way they should have seen each other this early. 

One of the really exciting 1st round match ups along with others ,Jasper/ Northview being just one of the others, that maybe wouldn’t of happened with the 1vs6 or 1vs8 boring seeding games. 

Great game last night, definitely lived up the expectations. I was very surprised to see Leo have so much success on the final drive, they took what EN gave them on every play. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

One of the players even mentioned after the game that beating East Noble was their championship. That line of thought could spell doom for them moving forward. 

Hopefully the coaching staff gets the point across that beating EN was just the first step. Definitely an emotional moment for Leo as they have never beaten EN in the post season.

17 minutes ago, Prospect said:

Great game last night, definitely lived up the expectations. I was very surprised to see Leo have so much success on the final drive, they took what EN gave them on every play. 

Hopefully the coaching staff gets the point across that beating EN was just the first step. Definitely an emotional moment for Leo as they have never beaten EN in the post season.

Which brings me to Homestead. I've heard their kids mention the SAC title as a goal, but never a state championship. Does that type of mentality hinder them when they square off against Sectional 4?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BTF said:

Which brings me to Homestead. I've heard their kids mention the SAC title as a goal, but never a state championship. Does that type of mentality hinder them when they square off against Sectional 4?

Did you see the game against Westfield last year?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, temptation said:

East Noble and/or Leo would be favored over Lowell, New Prairie, and Hobart.

Sure, Leo could have a let down, but their next test will come in the Sectional Championship and the emotions of the EN game will have worn off and it will be about winning a Sectional Title. 

5 hours ago, southend said:

One of the really exciting 1st round match ups along with others ,Jasper/ Northview being just one of the others, that maybe wouldn’t of happened with the 1vs6 or 1vs8 boring seeding games. 

They might have met up further down the line, where they both deserved to be. Still an exciting game, just deeper in the playoffs. Hate seeing one top notch team knocked out by another top notch. That could water down the 2nd round where a good team could face a poor team. I'd rather see an epic games later when all or most of the good teams are present.

But this is a point the forum will never come to agreement on. Just have to agree to disagree.

9 hours ago, BTF said:

Two very good football teams that would nicely fit into the SAC. EN may be a little far, but Leo is a burb.

I’ve been floating the idea to some other followers of the SAC that the big 5 should split off and add 2 teams and make a 7 team league. Play the other 6, 2 out of conference with the conference title in week 9 or 6 conference and no championship game with 3 out of conference. I think it would be good for the top 5 in the SAC and the bottom 5 as those schools maybe will finally gain some traction not having to face powerhouses half of their season. Doubt it will ever happen though. Here’s to wishful thinking! 

• Like 1