Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Leo 32, East Noble 29

8 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

WINNER...  

Oh and BTW. Paraphrasing these idiots' post-game comments that were notfactual....they Haven't won the Sectional title yet.   Still 2 games left.  But no need to get all concerned about facts.    "I see you _____"   

6 hours ago, Thor77 said:

I’m actually amazed that Leo was able to pass that way. I know they are dominant at running, but it’s annoyed me all season how they refuse to even work on the pass. Threw it 10 times last night, had 14 going into the game. 

You ever listen to one of the most successful coaches in NCAA’s history. He never passed the football! Three things can happen when you pass and two of the three are bad. Why pass?

9 hours ago, southend said:

You ever listen to one of the most successful coaches in NCAA’s history. He never passed the football! Three things can happen when you pass and two of the three are bad. Why pass?

Because at some point, you may need to pass. And it makes your offense way more dangerous. Sure, run 20 times, then pop off an unexpected pass. That opens the running game up even more then if they have to defend that. Refusing to run the ball is just arrogance that you’re physically better than the other team. Well what happens when you hit a team just as physical? You have to be able to do different things. 

16 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

Because at some point, you may need to pass. And it makes your offense way more dangerous. Sure, run 20 times, then pop off an unexpected pass. That opens the running game up even more then if they have to defend that. Refusing to run the ball is just arrogance that you’re physically better than the other team. Well what happens when you hit a team just as physical? You have to be able to do different things. 

You are not wrong. But the teams that Leo played, so far ,have not warranted passing. Passing for the sake of passing sometimes will get you in more trouble. Stay simple if it’s run run run ,and stay with what works. Seems like  this is Lions philosophy. Working so far. 

On 10/23/2021 at 11:37 AM, BTF said:

Which brings me to Homestead. I've heard their kids mention the SAC title as a goal, but never a state championship. Does that type of mentality hinder them when they square off against Sectional 4?

No, I got a chance to talk to Coach Zolman on Friday. They will be ready and I honestly expect them to beat Carroll on Friday. They will still struggle against the Indy schools for reasons that have been mentioned on here multiple times.

3 hours ago, Prospect said:

No, I got a chance to talk to Coach Zolman on Friday. They will be ready and I honestly expect them to beat Carroll on Friday. They will still struggle against the Indy schools for reasons that have been mentioned on here multiple times.

If Homestead beats Carroll they could very well struggle against a good Warsaw team who has two week bye.

1 hour ago, jakone said:

If Homestead beats Carroll they could very well struggle against a good Warsaw team who has two week bye.

I think this sectional is anyone's for the taking. I like Carroll as the favorite with Homestead very close behind. Warsaw will have a say when it's all said and done with. No result would surprise me. 

2 hours ago, jakone said:

46 minutes ago, BTF said:

I think this sectional is anyone's for the taking. I like Carroll as the favorite with Homestead very close behind. Warsaw will have a say when it's all said and done with. No result would surprise me. 

After watching NorthWood and Concord tear up the Tigers' defense through the air, I do not think they will be much competition for either team in my honest opinion. However, if Bart Ball offense can execute perfectly (no turnovers, limited penalties, long clock-eating scoring drives, etc.) that is what can keep them in the game. But they will have to execute perfectly on offense along with hoping Carroll/Homestead makes some mistakes of their own.

As well, with the two week bye, I still do not know if it is a blessing or a curse. The Tigers will have gone 21 days between playing a varsity snap. That is a LONG time. If they start the game rusty... that could potentially put them in an early hole.

Sorry - I know this thread is about East Noble and Leo. For my two cents there, it definitely sucks this was the first round matchup. Would have loved to have seen both of these teams square off week 3 of the tournament. Leo should handle the next two weeks with ease.

6 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

After watching NorthWood and Concord tear up the Tigers' defense through the air, I do not think they will be much competition for either team in my honest opinion. However, if Bart Ball offense can execute perfectly (no turnovers, limited penalties, long clock-eating scoring drives, etc.) that is what can keep them in the game. But they will have to execute perfectly on offense along with hoping Carroll/Homestead makes some mistakes of their own.

As well, with the two week bye, I still do not know if it is a blessing or a curse. The Tigers will have gone 21 days between playing a varsity snap. That is a LONG time. If they start the game rusty... that could potentially put them in an early hole.

Sorry - I know this thread is about East Noble and Leo. For my two cents there, it definitely sucks this was the first round matchup. Would have loved to have seen both of these teams square off week 3 of the tournament. Leo should handle the next two weeks with ease.

Are the minutemen really that good!? 

16 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Are the minutemen really that good!? 

They definitely are not bad with a record of 9-1 and undefeated NLC Champs. They have a solid QB and a number of athletes at the WR position. The Tiger pass defense is nowhere near as good as their rush defense, and I would venture to guess both Carroll and Homestead's passing attacks will be better than that of NorthWood and Concord's.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 7:14 AM, Knightmare said:

Credit to Leo for doing something I didn’t think they could do, which is go 4 wide and throw the ball. In my opinion, that was basically the Semi-State game for the North. Both of these teams would be favored in every other sectional.

It’s Leo’s year and I’ll be rooting for them the rest of the way.

Leo couldn’t even get out of Sectionals. Leo may have been the favorite on paper, but playoff W’s in places like Northridge, Lowell, etc. don’t come easy. 

On 11/6/2021 at 10:20 AM, Boilernation said:

Leo couldn’t even get out of Sectionals. Leo may have been the favorite on paper, but playoff W’s in places like Northridge, Lowell, etc. don’t come easy. 

Leo was the right side in the game. How does the coach who goes for 2 after every TD for the whole season, kick a PAT in OT of a Sectional Championship game? Leo lost the game as much as Northridge won the game. 

That being said, every team in the North is playing for second and hoping they can stay within 3 scores of Roncalli 

3 hours ago, Knightmare said:

How does the coach who goes for 2 after every TD for the whole season, kick a PAT in OT of a Sectional Championship game? Leo lost the game as much as Northridge won the game.

Northridge held Leo to 1 for 3 on conversions prior to that decision, its possible that the coach saw the same kicker I did before the game booting 30+ yard field goals with ease. 

4 minutes ago, NRRaider2001 said:

Northridge held Leo to 1 for 3 on conversions prior to that decision, its possible that the coach saw the same kicker I did before the game booting 30+ yard field goals with ease. 

I'm going for a PAT as well with those odds. What was the final yardage and TOP for the game? Curious regarding the comment "Leo lost the game as much as Northridge won the game."

6 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Looks fairly one sided in favor of Northridge. According to Sagarin, Northridge has played the much tougher schedule. Not much of a surprise to me that Leo lost this one.

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

Leo is another program that would benefit by playing in the SAC. Throw New Haven in there and that gives them 12. Division split...........large/small. 

The over all competition in the Allen county area is not that good. As you can see, two teams remain.I know some eliminated each other , but still pretty weak area of the state for football.