• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional #34 Semifinals . . .

First Round In The Books.

Off To The Semifinal Round With The Following Scheduled Pairings:

Delphi (7-3) at Pioneer (8-2)

Bremen (7-3) at LaVille (7-2)

WHO YA GOT?

*No word yet on if the Bremen-LaVille game will be held at LaVille due to poor field conditions a couple weeks ago when LaVille had to move its final game of the regular season to Cavalier Field in Culver.   Time will tell . . . 

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Delphi (7-3) at Pioneer (8-2)- Panthers- Panthers have been playing well the last few weeks and if they come out like they did against Judson and Wabash they should win by 2-3 scores. Delphi will be ready to play and #54 and 45 for the run extremely hard. This game was just moved to Logansport high school due to expected poor field conditions at Pioneer.

Bremen (7-3) at LaVille (7-2)- LaVille- I think LaVille's defense pushes them over the top. 

1 hour ago, FarmerFran said:

Delphi (7-3) at Pioneer (8-2)- Panthers- Panthers have been playing well the last few weeks and if they come out like they did against Judson and Wabash they should win by 2-3 scores. Delphi will be ready to play and #54 and 45 for the run extremely hard. This game was just moved to Logansport high school due to expected poor field conditions at Pioneer.

Bremen (7-3) at LaVille (7-2)- LaVille- I think LaVille's defense pushes them over the top. 

Playoff home away from home for the Panthers!  🙂  It's nice that the Berries are willing to host like they are.  It's a great venue for these big games!

• Like 1

Delphi with their 2 RB's will keep ball out of Robinsons hands and limit possessions which lead to them beating the panthers...20-14

LaVille will continue the offensive production and beat the Lions this week.  Defense will be tested, but I think they believe what they are doing on that side of ball and will continue doing what they have been doing!!   20-10

26 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Delphi with their 2 RB's will keep ball out of Robinsons hands and limit possessions which lead to them beating the panthers...20-14

LaVille will continue the offensive production and beat the Lions this week.  Defense will be tested, but I think they believe what they are doing on that side of ball and will continue doing what they have been doing!!   20-10

Why don't they throw with Plummer more? He can chuck it. 

I don't recall how many seniors LaVille has but I don't think it was that many like 3 if that. 

7 hours ago, WalterSobchak said:

Why don't they throw with Plummer more? He can chuck it. 

I don't recall how many seniors LaVille has but I don't think it was that many like 3 if that. 

According to MaxPreps, LaVille has thrown the ball more this year than last year.  They also have a few more folks catching the ball this season, so the ball is being spread around a little more.  Six players caught the ball last year, while 10 different receivers have a catch this season.

I would also add that Plummer is just as dangerous and athletic throwing as he is running the ball . . . and only a sophmore.

from_the_sidelines007

So according to a tweet on the @LVAthletics account, LaVille will host Bremen.

Not sure if the coming rains in northern Indiana on Thursday and Friday will change that plan or not. I guess time will tell.

Delphi (7-3) at Pioneer (8-2)

With Pioneer getting kids back and the team coming together, I'm picking the Panthers in this one.  Probably two touchdowns.

Bremen (7-3) at LaVille (7-2)

This game is intriguing, prior to a couple of weeks ago LaVille struggled putting points on the board.

Bremen, meanwhile, averages 28 points per game.  The questions are . . .  can LaVille's defense keep Bremen to two scores or less? Can LaVIlle somehow muster three scores against the Lions?  I think this one, just like Week #1, is close.  LaVille by three.

from_the_sidelines007

52 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

What is the injury status on LaVille/Bremen??

Delphi/Pioneer??

Could factor in a bit!!

If I'm not mistaken, Pioneer lost one of their backs towards the end of the game against Wabash. I might have misheard on how serious the injury was, but I thought it was pretty serious.

Yes. Plymouth has turf.

I could see LaVille moving its game next week if Lancer Field takes too much of a beating.

But, as was mentioned, got to take care of business against Bremen first.

Not going to be an easy task.

With a muddy track, points will be hard to come by.  One of the reasons I picked LaVille by three.

Does Bremen have a kicker?  If so, could he hit from inside 40 if the conditions get rough.

Last year, I would say yes to LaVille's kicker.  This year, I'm not so sure.

Special teams could end up winning this game for one of these teams!

from_the_sidelines007