Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional #34 Semifinals . . .

Wow!

After reading the internet, both Bremen and LaVille had 100-yard rushers.  I would have never though that would happen considering the rain that slowed the track at LaVille.

There were probably more turf monster tackles due to the soggy conditions than there were clean jerseys by the end of the night!

Game was as advertised between Breme and LaVille . . .  low-scoring, especially due to the weather.  LaVille's defense kept its sixth opponent to one score or less.

Was a bit surprised that LaVille took the opening kick right down the field.  Seemed like the Lancers came out ready to play and Bremen was hesitant out of the game.

Read on the internet in some article that Bremen had 4 total yards from scrimmage in the first half.  Course turnovers didn't do Bremen any favors.

Was impressed with the DeWitt kid from LaVille and the Moser kid from Bremen.  Both run hard and can break away for big runs.

This game was won in the trenches.  LaVille outplayed Bremen on both lines.

Now LaVille has to get over the stigma of The Almighty Pioneer.

It was a good game back in September.   Pioneer was not at 100% then, but that is different now.

I would also mention that LaVille is different now as well.

This will be a low-scoring game and may come down to special teams, especially if Pioneer continues to go for two-points after any touchdowns scored.

Kicking game edge to LaVille.

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

9 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Wow!

After reading the internet, both Bremen and LaVille had 100-yard rushers.  I would have never though that would happen considering the rain that slowed the track at LaVille.

There were probably more turf monster tackles due to the soggy conditions than there were clean jerseys by the end of the night!

Game was as advertised between Breme and LaVille . . .  low-scoring, especially due to the weather.  LaVille's defense kept its sixth opponent to one score or less.

Was a bit surprised that LaVille took the opening kick right down the field.  Seemed like the Lancers came out ready to play and Bremen was hesitant out of the game.

Read on the internet in some article that Bremen had 4 total yards from scrimmage in the first half.  Course turnovers didn't do Bremen any favors.

Was impressed with the DeWitt kid from LaVille and the Moser kid from Bremen.  Both run hard and can break away for big runs.

This game was won in the trenches.  LaVille outplayed Bremen on both lines.

Now LaVille has to get over the stigma of The Almighty Pioneer.

It was a good game back in September.   Pioneer was not at 100% then, but that is different now.

I would also mention that LaVille is different now as well.

This will be a low-scoring game and may come down to special teams, especially if Pioneer continues to go for two-points after any touchdowns scored.

Kicking game edge to LaVille.

from_the_sidelines007

FB Robinson is out and DL/TE Derrick Legrand is questionable, but next man up. 

7 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

Any talk of this game being moved due to field conditions or will we be mudding it again this week?

If they did not move the game last week with a steady rain on game day, they shouldn't be moving the game this week with no rain forecasted.  

On 11/1/2021 at 8:12 AM, LionKing said:

If they did not move the game last week with a steady rain on game day, they shouldn't be moving the game this week with no rain forecasted.  

I would think that after the steady rain the field would be in a worse state. Just because there is no rain in forecast, the damage may be done.

43 minutes ago, CoachDurham said:

I would think that after the steady rain the field would be in a worse state. Just because there is no rain in forecast, the damage may be done.

Not much grass left on one half of the field especially.  At least it should dry out and not be a slippery slop.  Footing should be better with less chance for injury then last Friday.

Have to tip the hat to Coach Berry to be dead in the water after 2 games and then rattle off 9 straight wins beating 5 teams that are playing in sectional championship games is impressive.  

Some great young coaches in this league. 

Edited by RingLeader

I give the folks at LaVille some credit.  The field, though not in the best shape, was in much better shape for Friday's game against Pioneer.

It looked like they rolled the field and cut the grass very short.

I was on the field after the game and it was muddy in spots, but not like it was following the Bremen game.

Congratulations to Coach Will Hostrawser and the LaVille Football team.

These boys came to play!  A confident, focused bunch of Lancers came out of the locker room.

I have seen Pioneer play several times and the Panthers were flat outplayed - on both sides of the ball - on Friday.

The LaVille linemen controlled the line of scrimmage and Paul DeWitt hit the holes hard and fast.

Lucas Plummer was effective and ran the offense from the QB spot and was very effective in the punt game and was solid with two field goals and PATS.

Ross Wagoner was key for LaVille.

And the offensive line pushed Pioneer back, allowing an effective running game.

This was truly a team win, not just the boys mentioned here . . . . This was a hungry, impressive group that Coach Hostrawser brought to the field on this particular Friday.

Good Luck to the Lancers against Andrean in the regional round.

from_the_sidelines007

• Thanks 1